Aberdeen v Celtic

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've no problem with the BBC looking for a headline so the rest can feed off,Lennon knows his words will be manipulated.

What exactly has Lennon said that has been manipulated? In what way can his comments be taken out of context? 

22 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The red tops will latch on to it tomorrow and the next day this is how it works, the negative pish will continue and the dafties will lap it up.

Lap what up though? What are you saying has been misconstrued?

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I’m genuinely perplexed as to what Lennon is getting at regarding his comments about the referee’s “baffling” decisions.

From the highlights it looked as though Collum got every big decision spot on, the only ones I think he missed was the push on Cosgrove and not sending off McGregor for his foul for the penalty.

As gannon alluded to, it seems as though it’s a poor attempt at deflection.

”It’s not an excuse as to why we dropped points but it didn’t add to what was a cracking game of football” - I’ve never heard a manager criticise a referee just because they think it didn’t add to a cracking game of football. I’ve heard plenty complain because they think they’ve been hard done by however.

I couldn't believe it when I put sportscene on last night and saw Collum was the ref.

Starting to think that because no fans are in the stadiums, the refs are not as pro-Celtic (or....shit, ma windaes will get put in) as they normally are.

Struggling to think of a league game where the mhanks have had two spot-kicks awarded against them.

7 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I couldn't believe it when I put sportscene on last night and saw Collum was the ref.

Starting to think that because no fans are in the stadiums, the refs are not as pro-Celtic (or....shit, ma windaes will get put in) as they normally are.

Struggling to think of a league game where the mhanks have had two spot-kicks awarded against them.

Awww, how cute.

Here you go pal, get yourself back here and worry about penalties in the non elite leagues.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/forum/6-scottish-championship-general-chatter

c ya 😃

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Lennon blaming the ref is him resorting back to his first stint as manager and it got very old very fast, only the most moronic fans would lap that pish up week after week. You may have a point when a glaring error has cost you a game but it was poor game management that saw us fail to see out the win. I was disheartened after fucking it up but not raging like others about Lennon, however when I heard him come out and have a go at Collum when it was our own doing just strikes me as a guy not wanting to take responsibility.

Anyway think both teams got what they deserved to day, fair fucks to Aberdeen and Mcinnes turning it round today  and after Covidgate at the start of the season. Had Hibs down for 3rd but not so sure now.

Celtic will be higher than third, don't you worry.

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm glad you agree you need to read between the lines better when it comes to different narratives put out by different sources.

I discovered long ago that there's nothing between the lines but white paper.

On 22/10/2020 at 12:09, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Since Deila left, I think we've played well against Celtic twice - the Scottish Cup Final and the final day win at Parkhead. And we still lost one of those.

We invariably get an absolute pasting when we've built up some form and optimism as well.

3-1 Celtic

Delighted to have been so completely wrong. That was like the first few seasons under McInnes, where we'd regularly cause Celtic all sorts of problems (even in games where we came up short) by being brave on the ball and aggressive in our approach. A million times better the the usual passive, try not to get beat shite.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Skimming this thread was a good laugh. A Celtic fan calling criticism of a referee absolutely nauseating  was a personal highlight :lol:

On the game, gutted not to win in the end but so pleased with what we have this season. I really wanted to see how we'd do yesterday because I've got a lot of belief in this team. Particularly I wanted to see the character of the team and what a response.

Mcgeouch injury, the first equaliser, Edmondson and Watkins getting injured, the 2 goals in two minutes to go behind were all points in the match that previous Aberdeen teams might melt and it just didn't happen (ok the 2 goals in 2 minutes was a bit of a melt in itself...).

It will be interesting to see what we do on Sunday. The first half was played on Mcinnes' terms yesterday, albeit we didn't do enough with the ball when we had it. The second half suited Celtic more but we showed that we can really hurt them on the counter when the game opens up.

I heard Lennon say we didn't trouble them all day and they should have won comfortably. A bizarre comment but saying that, I really hope he believes it.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I heard Lennon say we didn't trouble them all day and they should have won comfortably. A bizarre comment but saying that, I really hope he believes it.

If he's said that he's a bigger fanny than i thought, and i already thought he was a massive fanny. 

31 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Delighted to have been so completely wrong. That was like the first few seasons under McInnes, where we'd regularly cause Celtic all sorts of problems (even in games where we came up short) by being brave on the ball and aggressive in our approach. A million times better the the usual passive, try not to get beat shite.

I watched Mcinnes' pre match presser on Friday and his tone had definitely changed from previous seasons. He clearly fancies this team to do something and it showed in our approach yesterday.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If he's said that he's a bigger fanny than i thought, and i already thought he was a massive fanny. 

It's on the Sportsound podcast. He said he was disappointed we got in behind at the end when we hadn't troubled them all day.

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

I have pinpointed where you went wrong LH

19 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Imho Collum got 2 calls wrong, there should have been a free kick before the 2nd goal albeit Griffiths finish was  quality & McGregor should have got a 2nd yellow for the penalty. I cant see why people are saying that he and Duffy should have been off before when watching the incidents.

That's the assessment from a neutral. Two mistakes by Collum.