Aberdeen v Celtic

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea what decisions Lennon is talking about. All major decisions that were contentious went the way of Celtic. Duffy getting off with putting Edmondson into the hoardings and finishing his match, Cosgrove not getting a foul for a two handed push in the back leading to the second goal and McGregor’s lack of a second booking for his deliberate trip on McLennan. Is he talking about the odd foul in the middle of the pitch or dubious throw in? The fact that he didn’t actually say which decisions were poor suggests that they were all nothing situations. Be delighted to get a Celtic fan’s view on his ramblings though.

Lennon say it wasn't why we dropped points,Collum had a poor game, he is a card happy non-contact ref which doesn't suit this type of game.
Once or twice he could've played advantage to the team in position plus basic errors like awarding corners and throw ins for both teams.
Thought young wright was magic when he came on and the dons deserved their point.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

I don't understand the argument that Wright drifts out of games. It might have been a fair criticism of him in the past, but he has been pretty influential in pretty much every game he has started this season. He has been a key factor in making us a better team. 
Agreed entirely DrewDon. I think there was one game recently where he was quiet but he's been a revelation this season. As has Hedges so credit must go to McInnes for that, two very inconsistent performers previously are now mainstays for us. McLennan also seems to be pushing hard and making positive impacts which is great to see, two home grown lads pushing through.

Shane Duffy getting exposed every game now as the huddy he is. The hype around him was massive but essentially bar being ROI's only goal threat for the past two years, his career is going downhill fast. Celtic would have been better with either McKenna or Declan Gallagher judging on their performances for the national team.

Positive signs ahead of next weekend. Think Celtic need to bin Lennon sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lennon say it wasn't why we dropped points,Collum had a poor game, he is a card happy non-contact ref which doesn't suit this type of game.
Once or twice he could've played advantage to the team in position plus basic errors like awarding corners and throw ins for both teams.
Thought young wright was magic when he came on and the dons deserved their point.

So he got all the main decisions right, with maybe a couple of minor ones debatable. But Lennon, although saying that Collum wasn’t the reason that Celtic dropped two points, thinks it worthy enough in a short interview to point that out, although it didn’t matter. Another “I’m not a racist, but....” type of comment.

Just now, kingjoey said:

So he got all the main decisions right, with maybe a couple of minor ones debatable. But Lennon, although saying that Collum wasn’t the reason that Celtic dropped two points, thinks it worthy enough in a short interview to point that out, although it didn’t matter. Another “I’m not a racist, but....” type of comment.

Lennon blaming the ref is him resorting back to his first stint as manager and it got very old very fast, only the most moronic fans would lap that pish up week after week. You may have a point when a glaring error has cost you a game but it was poor game management that saw us fail to see out the win. I was disheartened after fucking it up but not raging like others about Lennon, however when I heard him come out and have a go at Collum when it was our own doing just strikes me as a guy not wanting to take responsibility.

Anyway think both teams got what they deserved to day, fair fucks to Aberdeen and Mcinnes turning it round today  and after Covidgate at the start of the season. Had Hibs down for 3rd but not so sure now.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He got asked a question and gave an honest answer in his opinion ffs, why are you trying to make a mountain out of a molehill?
Listen to what he said it didn't add to what was a cracking game of football plus he was influenced by his assistants. 

Card happy ?

Today ?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He got asked a question and gave an honest answer in his opinion ffs, why are you trying to make a mountain out of a molehill?
Listen to what he said it didn't add to what was a cracking game of football plus he was influenced by his assistants. 

Have a wee peek at Gannonball’s post just above yours. There’s a Celtic fan with the grasp of reality that you’re missing.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Have a wee peek at Gannonball’s post just above yours. There’s a Celtic fan with the grasp of reality that you’re missing.

What Gannonball said was much the same as Lennon in his interview with Celtic tv, not managing the game out with no mention of the ref in a 3 minute interview.

53 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

I’m genuinely perplexed as to what Lennon is getting at regarding his comments about the referee’s “baffling” decisions.

From the highlights it looked as though Collum got every big decision spot on, the only ones I think he missed was the push on Cosgrove and not sending off McGregor for his foul for the penalty.

As gannon alluded to, it seems as though it’s a poor attempt at deflection.

”It’s not an excuse as to why we dropped points but it didn’t add to what was a cracking game of football” - I’ve never heard a manager criticise a referee just because they think it didn’t add to a cracking game of football. I’ve heard plenty complain because they think they’ve been hard done by however.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m genuinely perplexed as to what Lennon is getting at regarding his comments about the referee’s “baffling” decisions.

Its a real head scratcher why a struggling moron manager is peddling conspiracies to a moron fanbase.

The only perplexing thing about it all is the, admittedly small, amount of Celtic fans who have bought it and are still defending Lennon.

Apparently Lennons doing fine and its just a case of Rangers improving that has Celtic in this position, as if Celtic didn't have the best part of a decade plus around £200m+ more in income to build a squad that could dominate this country for decades, yet are instead relying on players over 30 on loan from fucking Brighton.

3 hours ago, Don exotic said:

I could see Duffy regularly getting  booked and sent off. He is slow and likes to throw himself at the opposition even off the ball. The refs are going to look out for his fouling and his size makes it obvious. I could see this costing him and Celtic going forward, a bit like what happened to Cosgrove a few seasons ago.

797F7788-D833-4B6E-B418-E1EEC525B336.jpeg