Aberdeen v Celtic

1 minute ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Duffy went elbows in on Lewis at the corner just before throwing Edmondson into the ad boards. A big lump chucking his weight around dangerously that can seriously injure opponents.

No booking for either and is lucky to escape a red. Although the way he played he might've preferred an earlier shower

I saw those incidents & there wasn't enough in them to justify censure, if you want to see Violent Conduct meriting a red card then watch Andy Carroll in action. Merely being a big clumsy lump is not in itself an offence that merits a card, the tackle before the incident at the touchline was a yellow, Duffys wasn't.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

So Rangers are playing today, and a Livi player makes a foul that you would deem a second yellow. With the benefit of hindsight Would you rather play the last 15 mins against 10 men or allow him to continue to give free kicks out side the box and a penalty ?

Just now, Zapp Brannigan said:

I'd rather not let minor refereeing infractions take away what was a very entertaining game of football (2nd half anyway).

Same again next week with the good guys winning of course!

On this we can both agree.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We were. We ended up losing a goalkeeper and Griffiths had a crazy season.

I remember how well you kept the pace with them that year - that day they scored a stoppage time winner at Kilmarnock then Motherwell came from behind to beat you was a sickener - and obviously you still had Shinnie, McLean and Jack as well as prime McGinn and Hayes so it's not like you were noticably weaker in the starting XI. You know better than me obviously, but looking at the comparable strength in depth seems telling - Willo Flood wouldn't be playing 20 games in this Aberdeen squad, look at the attacking options you've got this year compared to having David Goodwillie as your main cover for Rooney for half the season.

6 minutes ago, betting competition said:

First half from Aberdeen was brutal, played a lot better 2nd half. At least we stopped the rot at Pittodrie.

With next week we will have to pass better on the bigger Hampden pitch we will have to pass the ball better but hopefully after the 2nd half performance will give players confidence to play well next week

Have a bit of respect, that's no way to talk about the champions.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

I remember how well you kept the pace with them that year - that day they scored a stoppage time winner at Kilmarnock then Motherwell came from behind to beat you was a sickener - and obviously you still had Shinnie, McLean and Jack as well as prime McGinn and Hayes so it's not like you were noticably weaker in the starting XI. You know better than me obviously, but looking at the comparable strength in depth seems telling - Willo Flood wouldn't be playing 20 games in this Aberdeen squad, look at the attacking options you've got this year compared to having David Goodwillie as your main cover for Rooney for half the season.

That's a fair point tbh. Those were the days when Logan was voted best right back in the league so players like him at his peak are overlooked.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

So Rangers are playing today, and a Livi player makes a foul that you would deem a second yellow. With the benefit of hindsight Would you rather play the last 15 mins against 10 men or allow him to continue to give free kicks out side the box and a penalty ?

15 mins against 10 men. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What the f**k is that meant to mean?

He made a c**t of it earlier and is now trying to save face.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A player makes a foul that you would deem a second yellow. With the benefit of hindsight Would you rather play the last 15 mins against 10 men or allow him to continue to give free kicks out side the box and a penalty ?

I'd prefer the referee would do his job and send him off. I've no idea why you're arguing this whole hindsight nonsense. It's laughable. The referee is employed to do and enforce the laws of the game and punish those repeatedly breaking them. He never done that and Aberdeen fans are well within their right to call it out. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

*starts compiling lengthy multi quote

No worries Romeo I've got this.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Absolutely raging. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Does anyone know if there was a potential free kick in the lead up to any Celtic goals?

56 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Laying the ground for a "we only got beat because of the referee" is see.

Minter

54 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Lolzers...

53 minutes ago, Romeo said:

*deletes lengthy multi quote

51 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Lennon to say we were amazing.