Aberdeen v Celtic

It's going to be an interesting game. No one can guess the celtic team now so that will be causing poor derek a sleepless night.

Barkas is definitely saving a penalty this week or next as ive been thinking he's poor every single game

Either, we pump Celtic in both games and get Lennon sacked.

or

Lennon figures out now how to get his team working, and pump us in both games. Then they go on an unbeaten run and win the league.

or

Lennon figures out now how to get his team working, and pump us in both games. Then immediately go back into idiot mode and get beat by Motherwell.

I reckon it'll be scenario 3.

Guest Bob Mahelp

No matter how shite they're playing, Rasellik always raise their game against an Aberdeen side who will merrily help them on their way by dropping back from the 1st minute and gifting them tons of possession. 

How I'd kill for a Neale Cooper type tackle in the first 3 seconds, and for us to start off right in their faces. I remember in one of the utterly dismal semi-finals against Celtic a few years back we went something like 25 minutes without committing a foul, so scared were the players to commit. 

In our desperation not to be caught on the break, we too often gift Celtic total domination of the ball up to 30 yards out. That generally is succesful for about 15 minutes until they inevitably score anyway. 

I agree that we need an 11 man effort, both defending and going forward, but pretty much every Dons fan is sick of us playing like pussies against Celtic when teams like Hearts and Hibs are very good at getting into their faces and exploiting the weaknesses in their defence. 

Sadly, the game is hanging over me like a big black cloud, so I don't see anything other than a routine win for Celtic I'm afraid. 

I'm more confident than some that we can give them a good game. I won't make comment on a score.

3 man midfield with McGeouch sitting to allow Ferguson and McCrorie to go for a high intensity pressing game.

I presume we'll prepare for matching 352 all week only to move to 4231 after 6 minutes but it's a good laugh isn't it.

I’m expecting a Willie Collum intervention here. A bit like the Caley game when Delia was in charge and we were beginning to put pressure on them in the league. The good thing is surely he won’t be reffing the cup game, which is more important for us.

i hope I’m wrong and we get a decent fair game, but I won’t hold my breath. The duopoly is apparently best for us all....the cash and quality of players will filter down. There is no way the ugly sisters are a blight on the game. Look at all the young Scottish players they develop.

25 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

I’m expecting a Willie Collum intervention here. A bit like the Caley game when Delia was in charge and we were beginning to put pressure on them in the league. The good thing is surely he won’t be reffing the cup game, which is more important for us.

i hope I’m wrong and we get a decent fair game, but I won’t hold my breath. The duopoly is apparently best for us all....the cash and quality of players will filter down. There is no way the ugly sisters are a blight on the game. Look at all the young Scottish players they develop.

What a fucking moon howler.

I wonder if Lennon will have the balls to drop anyone (the formation? Duffy? Barkas? Brown?) for any of the four games before the international break.

I'd be very surprised if it was any time soon but I think Bain will be the number 1 by January and then replaced by a loanee from England.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Green shoots please,Rogic the sheep shearer is a must start after his 20 minute cameo against the catenaccio last night.

Rogic has scored more goals against Aberdeen then plenty failed Aberdeen and Celtic strikers scored in their whole times.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Inspiring stuff, Bob.

Bad start to the morning I'm afraid. I feel better now 🙂

Edited by Bob Mahelp

2 hours ago, d31 said:

Rogic has scored more goals against Aberdeen then plenty failed Aberdeen and Celtic strikers scored in their whole times.

Watched the sevco game and a bit of the motherwell and Hamilton game against the dons, improving as the season goes on.
I like McLennan for me should be getting more game time,McCrorie looks like a sending off waiting to happen.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Watched the sevco game and a bit of the motherwell and Hamilton game against the dons, improving as the season goes on.
I like McLennan for me should be getting more game time,McCrorie looks like a sending off waiting to happen.

Inside info from collum?