Aberdeen v Celtic

A big match for both sides in the pursuit of 'best of the rest' this season. Perhaps the real winners will be Hibs from this fixture.

Our record against Celtic is absolutely stinking so the likelihood is nothing will change there. A good test for us though given the steps forward we've made this season so far.

Tight, 1-2 Celtic win.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A big match for both sides in the pursuit of 'best of the rest' this season. Perhaps the real winners will be Hibs from this fixture.

Our record against Celtic is absolutely stinking so the likelihood is nothing will change there. A good test for us though given the steps forward we've made this season so far.

Tight, 1-2 Celtic win.

That’s a brilliant tactical post. I hope that Derek’s tactics are as spot on on Sunday.

35 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

1-1

Save the victory for next weekend 

Let's be greedy and hope for two victories. I'm not one of those who likes the "if you were to win one of them which would you choose" mindset. Aim high, you can but dream.

Celtic really struggling to play well at the moment, vast majority of their games are tight affairs, Lennon under severe pressure, rumours of players not wanting to be there anymore.

Aberdeen back in form, been really good all season, seem to have finally found a system that gets the best out of the players they have, real optimism for the first time in years.

3-0 Celtic win.

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic really struggling to play well at the moment, vast majority of their games are tight affairs, Lennon under severe pressure, rumours of players not wanting to be there anymore.

Aberdeen back in form, been really good all season, seem to have finally found a system that gets the best out of the players they have, real optimism for the first time in years.

3-0 Celtic win.

The eternal problem we have with Celtic is that they always, but always, raise their game in matches against us.

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The eternal problem we have with Celtic is that they always, but always, raise their game in matches against us.

Ah the heady days of being able to raise our game. I don’t know if we’re even capable of that this year.

1-2 Sellick (hope rather than confidence)

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Since Deila left, I think we've played well against Celtic twice - the Scottish Cup Final and the final day win at Parkhead. And we still lost one of those.

We invariably get an absolute pasting when we've built up some form and optimism as well.

3-1 Celtic

Only at Pittodrie really though. For whatever reason the games in Glasgow tend to be a lot closer.

Not sure I would necessarily label any of those as good performances either to be fair.

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Only at Pittodrie really though. For whatever reason the games in Glasgow tend to be a lot closer.

Not sure I would necessarily label any of those as good performances either to be fair.

They quite clearly were.

We played quite well in the second home match last season.

It was looking like a 1-1 was the worst we’d get - then one lapse and we let Ajer meander forward unopposed to score - with Consi still up the other end of the park.

This was not a great performance - but it was refreshing not be completely awful and treated like a tuppeny hoor - which can be standard McInnes mentality in these matches.

I’d be more confident with Hayes in the team - but will go for a 2-2 draw.