Motherwell vs County 24/04

Watt seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself yesterday, even having a laugh and a joke with the ref after his goal. Not sure why he had to cover his mouth though.

Edited to add: fair play to him for setting up a Just Giving page for a foodbank as well (I saw the link on Steelmen).

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tony-watt-match-shirt?utm_term=GjQkeMQzE

County will be fine, you'll lose 4 on the bounce, win 1 and not actually drop down the league, thanks to the teams below you cutting each others throats all season.

From a manager perspective, could you be suffering the 'Richie Foran syndrome' The Caley had?  A chairman with blind loyalty to a club legend and leaving it too late do to anything?

I think we've got one win in ten games now after that, really poor. 

Iacovitti had a really poor game which isn't like what we've seen from him so far. Stewart gets chances our other forwards wouldn't but doesn't take them it's so frustrating.

I think we've scored about 2 goals from open play all season and it's honking. Motherwell had a real game on their hands until they scored then our team decided that trying to defend was against the rules. Tony Watt was superb I thought. 

Motherwell will finish in the top 6 without a doubt.

worst goal difference in the league again this year.

we are in free fall and a dodgy draw against hibs where they missed countless chances doesn't paper over any cracks.

On 24/10/2020 at 18:38, sophia said:

Ross County -V- Inverness CT - Page 3 - Caley Thistle - CaleyThistleOnline

On 24/10/2020 at 18:52, Gianfranco said:

I do like that photo.

On 24/10/2020 at 18:56, Green Day said:

wifey bottom right looks like she is clapping him 🤣

Was reading through the whole match thread and saved the quotes to post about that pic, then saw i was beaten to it by PauloPerth and Gianfranco, bugger.

On 24/10/2020 at 21:36, PauloPerth said:

The young lad in the glasses just to the right of Polworth kind of wants to be like the older guys, but hasn't quite mastered the showing the finger abuse just yet.

On 24/10/2020 at 21:47, Gianfranco said:

IMG_7073.jpg

Who knows what’s going on with grey hair’s fingers emoji23.png.

Boy below him could be trying to make a w**k gesture, but going on how bad the others have been at giving the middle finger, i'm willing to bet they're all playing rock paper scissors.

I've often said Tony Watt has lived off that goal against Barca for chunks of his career, but after he scored he absolutely took the piss out of our defence repeatedly. 

22 minutes ago, ropy said:

When Stewart missed his sitter, did O’Hara whip the legs from him?

is there an element of McTominay for Scotland with O’Hara letting his man drift in behind him?

I don't think O'Hara takes his legs, if he had I'd have thought he/County would be claiming for it given the way they reacted to our stonewaller.

With Stewart's chance I thought it was O'Donnell's man. Taking it in isolation he just stands watching Stewart run off him.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I don't think O'Hara takes his legs, if he had I'd have thought he/County would be claiming for it given the way they reacted to our stonewaller.

With Stewart's chance I thought it was O'Donnell's man. Taking it in isolation he just stands watching Stewart.

giphy.gif

Yes probably O’Donnell’s man but it looks  like O’Hara has a swing

Edited by ropy

A few days late on this, but something I noticed on Saturday that's still bugging me was Vigurs' reaction to the penalty. He runs over to the referee and screams in his face, getting a yellow card for dissent in the process. Bad enough to have your captain lose control like that, but it was an absolute stonewaller of a penalty and - while I know there's a vigorous testing regime in place - spraying droplets in someone's face during a viral pandemic is even more unnecessary than ever. Yet more reason to question why he's playing, never mind why he's got the captaincy.

13 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

A few days late on this, but something I noticed on Saturday that's still bugging me was Vigurs' reaction to the penalty. He runs over to the referee and screams in his face, getting a yellow card for dissent in the process. Bad enough to have your captain lose control like that, but it was an absolute stonewaller of a penalty and - while I know there's a vigorous testing regime in place - spraying droplets in someone's face during a viral pandemic is even more unnecessary than ever. Yet more reason to question why he's playing, never mind why he's got the captaincy.

It was a penalty but I think Watt protected himself a little by allowing his legs to collapse to cushion the impact.  In Vigurs eyes that would have been a dive.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

It was a penalty but I think Watt protected himself a little by allowing his legs to collapse to cushion the impact.  In Vigurs eyes that would have been a dive.

It was really well played by Watt, IMO. He bought an absolute stonewaller, if that makes sense? Iacovitti had committed to it the second the ball broke and Watt made very sure he got it.

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It was really well played by Watt, IMO. He bought an absolute stonewaller, if that makes sense? Iacovitti had committed to it the second the ball broke and Watt made very sure he got it.

The Vigurs meltdown was a bonus