Motherwell vs County 24/04

O'Hara only really started playing in midfield when he went to Dundee, he was almost exclusively a defender for us. It's hard to believe now, his issue at the time was that he was too small and struggled physically even though he read the game really well. He was 16 when he made his debut and only 21 when he left, and he hadn't really filled out at the time.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

CraigKillie will be able to go into more detail, but I think he was exclusively used as a defender for Kilmarnock. Like you, I could be wrong but that was the impression. Largely played CM or CAM for us and was deployed on the right a few times. In his early days with us he played at RB in a pinch (And a lot of fans always suggested that CH would be his best position), but he was definitely signed with the intention of being utilised as a central midfielder/just behind the striker type.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

O'Hara only really started playing in midfield when he went to Dundee, he was almost exclusively a defender for us. It's hard to believe now, his issue at the time was that he was too small and struggled physically even though he read the game really well. He was 16 when he made his debut and only 21 when he left, and he hadn't really filled out at the time.

Cheers both.

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

County have been the better side, but haven't really created much. We do this every week. We're trying to Tiki-Taka the ball into the net like peak Barca.

Motherwell look dangerous when they attack but I'm not sure the formation is working. Long is a headcase.

Wild claim.

Great result. Sitter by big Stewart saved us, that would have put us on tilt.

Defence was good otherwise. Big new goalie looked quite assured even with nothing to do but catch a few trundled efforts and pluck crosses.
Maguire was good today, didn't put a foot wrong. Polworth was good tody too, some good passes after a really mad cross early on. Campbell is Campbell.
Devante Cole will be good for us, He's big strong and fast. Good goal and looked a handful.
Tony Watt was great, MOTM and his interviews after the game (along with Robbo's) seem to confirm what others on here have said abot his time at their clubs, He knows he's got talent but maybe didn't apply himself. He's a great player of he can screw the nut. I like Lang, he looks decent and is a bit of a dick to the opposition too.

Long can f**k off.

Hastie can f**k off.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Wild claim.

Great result. Sitter by big Stewart saved us, that would have put us on tilt.

Defence was good otherwise. Big new goalie looked quite assured even with nothing to do but catch a few trundled efforts and pluck crosses.
Maguire was good today, didn't put a foot wrong. Polworth was good tody too, some good passes after a really mad cross early on. Campbell is Campbell.
Devante Cole will be good for us, He's big strong and fast. Good goal and looked a handful.
Tony Watt was great, MOTM and his interviews after the game (along with Robbo's) seem to confirm what others on here have said abot his time at their clubs, He knows he's got talent but maybe didn't apply himself. He's a great player of he can screw the nut. I like Lang, he looks decent and is a bit of a dick to the opposition too.

Long can f**k off.

Hastie can f**k off.

Better side for about 25 minutes. As soon as Motherwell scored it was basically "how many goals do you want?"

9 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

IMG_7073.jpg

Who knows what’s going on with grey hair’s fingers emoji23.png.

I could be wrong, but I’m fairly certain that’s the Cup game where County went 3-2 up extremely late, only for Calley to equalise proper dying-seconds-style to earn a replay. So I think @GreyHair Is possibly / probably making a pretty desperate “Yeah, but it’s 3-3. Why are you celebrating?! It’s not like you won!” type of point - the kind of desperate attempt at self consolation I would have made in a moment like that when I was about 16. And yes, we went on to lose said replay.

39 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Does your manager shave the wee triangular patch at the start of his hairline? It’s fucking weird looking. 

Couldn’t stop looking at that, didn’t hear a word he said.  Or could it be a triangular tattoo?

1 hour ago, The Great Stagsby said:

I could be wrong, but I’m fairly certain that’s the Cup game where County went 3-2 up extremely late, only for Calley to equalise proper dying-seconds-style to earn a replay. So I think @GreyHair Is possibly / probably making a pretty desperate “Yeah, but it’s 3-3. Why are you celebrating?! It’s not like you won!” type of point - the kind of desperate attempt at self consolation I would have made in a moment like that when I was about 16. And yes, we went on to lose said replay.

You're 2 years out. It was 2015-2016 and The Caley won 2-1 with goals from James Vincent and Miles Storey. 

Mental that the type player we've been missing since Devante Cole left is actually Devante Cole.

Tony Watt is a top shagger. 

Shout-out McGinley who I thought was very good, and his cross for Watt's goal was absolutely ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Mental that the type player we've been missing since Devante Cole left is actually Devante Cole.

Tony Watt is a top shagger. 

Shout-out McGinley who I thought was very good, and his cross for Watt's goal was absolutely ridiculous.

Watching it back Watt's goal is hugely satisfying. Like a proper goal other teams score. 7 touches in all (4 from Polworth, 2 from McGinley and 1 from Watt) and 2 passes from the middle of our half to the County goal.

Edited by capt_oats