Queen's Park v Albion Rovers

Job done. Points on the board is more important than eye catching stuff at this stage. I missed the goals because I'm an idiot. Trying to login through PPV rather than members/season tickets! Yet to see us score! We were decent in the first half and looked like it could have been any score. Lack of a final ball was frustrating in the second half. Into decent positions a few times. Rovers unlucky not to score and definitely look like they'll be competitive. Would take similar at Stranraer next week.

Happy with that. Still not conceded in the league and 3 points on the board.

We didn’t have a pretty second half but got the job done. Done the nasty side when we made mistakes and took bookings in the middle of the park to break up play. Winners do that. I don’t think we’ll concede much this year which is comforting. 

Personally happy to see Galt with the arm band when he’s on. There’s loyalty in the game and he’s been at the club much longer than the newbies. Feels right. I thought he had a great first half too. 

Lost count how many time’s Longridge won the ball back in the middle of the park. Excellent to see. 

Excellent commentary. Got the balance between banter and football spot on. Crocker and Provan should be concerned. 

First win of the season and here’s to many more. Well done Queen’s. 

Yes encouraging to see some quality control and passing, goals and chances. Rovers looked awful in the first twenty but ended the match more competitive. Baynham is really effective and deserved his goals, also good to see Slater back, assured in the centre of the park.

The streaming, coverage and commentary was first class.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

The streaming, coverage and commentary was first class.

The highlights when the ball is out of play is very professional. Stirling had a similar set up. Not sure if that’s a third-party operating that or QP guys but it’s excellent. 

That was so much better. Albion admittedly were utter garbage first half but we really did play some nice stuff and created a fair few chances. Really liking the look of Baynham, intelligent in the box, big and gets in behind defenders so was delighted to see him get off the mark. I said earlier in the week that Galt should be starting and his performance today reinforces that point, thought he and Robson linked brilliantly down the left flank and really took the game to Albion. 

Was great to see Craig Slater back on the pitch and instantly looked to add a different level of composure and creativity to the midfield. If he stays fit we’ve comfortably got the best central midfielder in the league 

Bench looking a lot stronger, with multiple options to bring on and this is without arguably our best player in Simon Murray still to play. Will be a tough match against Stranraer next week but if we play to what the players are capable of, I expect to see another win hopefully. 

18 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Excellent commentary. Got the balance between banter and football spot on. Crocker and Provan should be concerned. 

Just to have a wee moan (constructive criticism) I could hear breathing through the game. Apologies if Darth Vader was the third man. 😁

Edited by QPSpider1867

First off, a massive well done to all on the media/ streaming team, went smooth start to finish [emoji122] Maybe just get Keith to speak up a bit!

Was really impressed with our 1st half performance, we absolutely strolled it. Baynham, Robson, Galt and Gillespie really impressed me. Thought the 2nd half was a different kettle of fish. Rovers obviously stepped their game up, but our passing was much sloppier. Hopefully that's just match-fitness related though. Looking forward to watching our next match!

Men against boys in first half I’m afraid where the game was won/lost. Rovers totally inept but finished the game a bit better when Moore ballooned the ball over the bar. Two league games in and we have a 6 pointer already next week. Going to be a long season.

Thought the coverage was pretty good. Sorry but I switched the commentary off. Good that they show replays during the coverage.

5 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Total control. Played at the pace of a training match. Second half was poor but pleased to see Slater looking hungry. More impressed with some than others but not going to criticise anybody at this stage. Can't wait for Simon Murray to be fit.

I thought the first half hour was played at a really fast pace by us, getting the ball to the forwards quickly (although not route one), pressing Rovers players when they had the ball, forcing them into bad passes or clearances.

Game slowed down a bit after that, my only criticism would be we didn't get a third goal to put it beyond Rovers.

An encouraging improvement towards the collective expectation. Looked much more like a group and had Melchester penned in for long spells. A bigger challenge next week will show more. For now, how often have we seen our favourites stumble at home against so-called lower teams? Job done professionally. 

if Davie Galt has any lingering doubts about his right to mingle with seasoned pros then he proved again just what a gifted player he is. Lifting his goal average is all that’s missing. Looking forward to that. 

23 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Queen's Park 2 Albion Rovers 0 | Scottish League Two

For want of a better word, that highlights package is "terrific". Keith and Craig bingo cards on sale this week from the club shop.

Edited by Mick1867

Excellent first half. Everything we were looking for in the previous three games. I know Rovers were honkin' but we bossed the play and should have been 3 or 4 up. 

Second half our tempo seemed to decrease and we also got a bit sloppy. A better team might have taken one or two of those chances they had. Mind you they probably would have caved in if Galt's effort wasn't cleared off the line. Their keeper had a decent save as well from McHugh's shot. 

We're only gonna get better as well, especially Buffalo Bill. Great to have a tall physical presence up front. Good competition for places once Murray is fit.  

For want of a better word, that highlights package is "terrific". Keith and Craig bingo cards on sale this week from the club shop.

Yes “terrific” was definitely the word. Also I thought I had heard a bit of bad language at one point but it was definitely “shut-out” that was said.
Coverage was excellent throughout and well done to both commentators. Can’t be an easy thing to do when you’re not used to it. Although I think Keith should unearth some of the German schnapps he has before the next home game to increase the entertainment value.

Thought we were... terrific fist half. Really dynamic going forward, great crosses from both wings and we could have been out of sight at half time. Success stories all over the pitch but thought Robson was outstanding and Slater was so classy on the ball when he came on. Didn't realise what an absolute unit Baynham was either - what a great find. Couple of beers and some leftover Stefanos at half time wasn't too shabby either. 

I had a wee chortle when the on screen score flashed 1-0 to Rovers after our first but overall coverage was... terrific! The Rayvolution will be televised....