Queen's Park v Albion Rovers

After an uninspiring start at Forthbank last week, it's our first look at the team on home turf. Rovers have lost a few goals, but also scored on every outing. We've looked ok defensively and lacked creativity. We want to win the league and champions don't tend to drop points at home to teams expected to be in the bottom half. That's not to say we should just expect to turn and up win. Go in with anything less than a top attitude in this league and you'll end up getting unpleasant surprises. Hoping to see more from the creative players and wee bit more cohesion over the next couple of games, along with maximum points. Slater likely to be back in the squad, which is a big bonus. There's no excuses here. Apply ourselves properly and the quality and experience should shine through against a young and inexperienced side.

Got to win these types of games if we’re to win the league, 27 game season means there’s less room for slip ups so no excuses this week.  Delighted to hear Slater back in the squad, should make a huge difference to how we play 

Got to get Galt back in the team also, Galt on top form is one of the best wingers in the bottom 2 leagues, unless he was carrying some sort of knock no reason to drop him 

Edited by qpfc

39 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Got to win these types of games if we’re to win the league, 27 game season means there’s less room for slip ups so no excuses this week.  Delighted to hear Slater back in the squad, should make a huge difference to how we play 

Got to get Galt back in the team also, Galt on top form is one of the best wingers in the bottom 2 leagues, unless he was carrying some sort of knock no reason to drop him 

Galt has competition now. I'm a huge fan of his, but he's not the star man anymore. If someone shows up better in training, games, or suits a system better they'll play and he won't. Fully expect him to play his part over the season, of course. I expect Paterson to play, reading between the lines of what McKinnon said after the game.

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Galt has competition now. I'm a huge fan of his, but he's not the star man anymore. If someone shows up better in training, games, or suits a system better they'll play and he won't. 

Aye that's true but I haven't seen anybody so far who has shown up better in games. He made a difference when he came on last week and created our two best chances. He has to start on Saturday imo

Galt for McLean and Slater for Lyon. Maybe even Morrison for Kilday. 

8 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye that's true but I haven't seen anybody so far who has shown up better in games. He made a difference when he came on last week and created our two best chances. He has to start on Saturday imo

Galt for McLean and Slater for Lyon. Maybe even Morrison for Kilday. 

I can only agree with you Mick, if we have with those three playing, right from the start and replacing the three that you have mentioned, it can only give the team flair in midfield and just a  wee bit more steadiness at the back. Although we have been good in defence I think that Morrison is the better player.

21 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I cannot see us losing this one. Questions will be asked if we don't. I want to be greedy and demand a stylish performance.

Wish I had your flair for the predicted outcome, Willie.

I'm still asking questions after last weeks performance. I think I was at a different game, having listened to RayMacs post match interview.

Punt and chase seems to be the preferred tactic, even headers were hit as high into the air as possible. Is that the managers instructions or do the players just do as they please? There seems to be a lack of ability to make a pass or a header, to a team mate. 

In the 4 games so far, there seems to be a lack of onfield  direction; it's as if it's just punt it up the park and hope for the best.

I agree with the 3 changes suggested by Mick;  Galt, Morrison and Slater if fit. 

I know it's early days, but so far there's not been much to inspire those heady suggestions of winning the league. And it looks as though many of the players are believing their own hype about coming from a higher league, therefore guaranteed a win. Dream on boys, this is now your level, you're only as good as your last game, and that was a draw.

Never mind dreaming about winning the league; winning a game would be a good start, let's hope it's tomorrow.

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Wish I had your flair for the predicted outcome, Willie.

I'm still asking questions after last weeks performance. I think I was at a different game, having listened to RayMacs post match interview.

Punt and chase seems to be the preferred tactic, even headers were hit as high into the air as possible. Is that the managers instructions or do the players just do as they please? There seems to be a lack of ability to make a pass or a header, to a team mate. 

In the 4 games so far, there seems to be a lack of onfield  direction; it's as if it's just punt it up the park and hope for the best.

I agree with the 3 changes suggested by Mick;  Galt, Morrison and Slater if fit. 

I know it's early days, but so far there's not been much to inspire those heady suggestions of winning the league. And it looks as though many of the players are believing their own hype about coming from a higher league, therefore guaranteed a win. Dream on boys, this is now your level, you're only as good as your last game, and that was a draw.

Never mind dreaming about winning the league; winning a game would be a good start, let's hope it's tomorrow.

Agree with this. I’ve yet to see patterns, link up play or a style. They’re mature and physically in shape so compete well but I’ve yet to see any quality.

Bob McHugh has scored goals at Championship level but I’m not sure what his strengths are yet. Sal for example was very good in the air and had a good shot. He didn’t have notable pace or fancy chasing men down constantly. I think we could all see how to get the best from him. I’m not sure what McHugh does well yet. He’s not been given much to be fair. I think he hit the net last week but was offside? 

I’m happy Slater is back in but worry we’re dependant on 1 or 2 players already for creativity and goals...

Hopefully plenty positives from Saturday. All due respect, this is one of the easier games in the league.  I’ll have a proper greet and a moan if we’re pish. 

Edited by QPSpider1867