Clyde scorer

3 hours ago, Packerbairn said:

I'm trying to find out who scored for Clyde in a match at Shawfield against Falkirk on Wednesday 14th September 1983. Long shot I know but maybe someone kmows

Without it sounding like a dickhead question, because it’s not aimed that way, but can I ask why? Are you researching a book for example?

5 hours ago, Packerbairn said:

I'm trying to find out who scored for Clyde in a match at Shawfield against Falkirk on Wednesday 14th September 1983. Long shot I know but maybe someone kmows

http://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1984&id=204&type=1

Not much use for the Clyde team but some more match details above

Was at this game & 2 things I remember about it.

Danny Docherty, strange one.  Signed from Morton in the summer, started the season & looked a player to be fair, but for some reason only played a handful of games and went back to Morton within a couple months of signing.  Think he was a local lad.

The referee that night was Hugh Young.  We'd met him the summer before on holiday in Spain during the time of the World Cup, but didn't know he was a ref initially.  We're watching the Brazil v Argentina game together when Maradona got sent off.  As he's walking off he blessed himself and Young went mad with rage shoutin at the tv "YER BLESSIN YERSEL & YOU'VE NEARLY BROKE A MAN'S LEG YA DIRTY WEE b*****d".

Meant to add, that was Hugh Young of Larkhall.......