St Mirren v Hamilton (Sat 24th)

Craig Levein said something along the lines that a couple of top flight teams have not been taking the Covid protocols seriously enough. This from ex players so something must be doing the rounds. 
Not saying that St Mirren are one of those clubs. And it could be a lot of shite.......but one club has half the squad testing positive and or Isolating whilst others have not (yet) has a single positive case....mmmmm
So you are saying it is StMirren [emoji23].

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

I blame Maurice Ross.

While I'd normally defend my club, I think some clarity regarding the cases and/or if safe guards could have been in place to stop it is not a harsh thing to ask.

That said... we are, of course, in the middle of a second wave.

We are, but it does look like something might be going on here. If it's one individual that's spread it to multiple members of the squad then the protocols clearly aren't working or aren't being fully observed.

Just now, welldaft said:

Craig Levein said something along the lines that a couple of top flight teams have not been taking the Covid protocols seriously enough. This from ex players so something must be doing the rounds. 

Not saying that St Mirren are one of those clubs. And it could be a lot of shite.......but one club has half the squad testing positive and or Isolating whilst others have not (yet) has a single positive case....mmmmm

To be fair, the 1st outbreak was confined to 1 coach, the second to two goalkeepers, so it seems that the protocols were likely being followed otherwise you would have expected it to spread more. That said not good that it has a foothold in the club.  

It is rife in sport at the moment, however. Saw Glasgow Warriors with 3 players out due to it this morning too. 

If we exclude the goalies who have already it, then that's 3/8 testing positive! Absolutely rife. Have to assume a good number of those self-isolating are also positive.

Might have to forfeit Saturday but, with so many players having had it, things should be smoother for us for the rest of the season.

Surely the Daily Record wouldn't over egg the pudding just to get a snappy headline... would they?

That said, it could as easily be first team players too. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

Seems like my "I'll make a match thread and see if it's an omen" has certainly worked out in our favour then! ;)

1 hour ago, AJF said:
What on earth is going on at St Mirren with the amount of positive tests they are having.
I’m not suggesting that they are being negligent, maybe it’s just a case that the current protocols aren’t enough in their situation.
It seriously needs looked at. 

Yes, because it's not like cases of the virus are increasing anywhere else in Scotland. 

Current protocols won't be effective at any club given the way that the virus is spreading just now.

It's only a matter of time before other clubs suffer a similar fate.

Edited by FTOF

52 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yes, because it's not like cases of the virus are increasing anywhere else in Scotland. 

Current protocols won't be effective at any club given the way that the virus is spreading just now.

It's only a matter of time before other clubs suffer a similar fate.

That is true, but if just appears the St Mirren covid cases appear to be disproportionately high. Bear in mind, they’ve had positive tests since pre-season according to that article.

I’ll reiterate, I’m not accusing them of being negligent, it’s possible though that they need additional support for whatever reason as the current protocols just don’t seem to be working for them.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I'm not being argumentative, as neither of us is in possession of all the facts, but it could equally be the case that it's only because we're taking it seriously that we're getting the positive tests. Ie we have rigorous testing in place and are doing it properly and carefully. I'd expect the teams that aren't taking protocol seriously to be reporting fewer positive tests. Possibly.

As I said, pure speculation.

We are utter cack and even if you fielded a team of 16 year olds we would still give you a 3 goal start. 

The only way we are getting off bottom of league is if you forfeit this one and we get a 0-3

The Pudding is a dead man walking and hopefully its only a matter of time before he gets punted. Dont think he has ever fielded the same starting 11 for 2 games in a row since he took over

1 hour ago, AJF said:

That is true, but if just appears the St Mirren covid cases appear to be disproportionately high. Bear in mind, they’ve had positive tests since pre-season according to that article.

I’ll reiterate, I’m not accusing them of being negligent, it’s possible though that they need additional support for whatever reason as the current protocols just don’t seem to be working for them.

As I said before. f**k all to do with protocols. Just a disease spreading randomly throughout the general population at an incredible rate.

Don't think it would hurt to have a full review of our protocols and procedures (assuming we can do it with social distancing!) and I'd be surprised if the SPFL didn't tell us to carry one out. At the very least, it would stop folk wondering what is going on - which is entirely justified considering it's happening to us far more than anyone else.

And if it discovers a flaw somewhere that is causing this then so much the better as we can get it sorted so it doesn't hit us again.

Accies currently 13/5 on some sites...

Edited by Stu

I'm not being argumentative, as neither of us is in possession of all the facts, but it could equally be the case that it's only because we're taking it seriously that we're getting the positive tests. Ie we have rigorous testing in place and are doing it properly and carefully. I'd expect the teams that aren't taking protocol seriously to be reporting fewer positive tests. Possibly.
As I said, pure speculation.
It sums up the media coverage in this country. Levein gets to say something like that without being challenged, I think to have any credibility on national radio you need to go a bit more deeper with the source or even better sources, otherwise it's nothing better than sweetie wife bollocks. Like 99% of stuff on here (including me [emoji51]).

Doesn't matter what the club/clubs have in place. Players/Staff have partners that work/kids at school/go to barbers/cafes/supermarkets.

With the testing introduced there was always going to be more cases. Some areas are harder hit than others.

If its found the club or players have broken any protocols I'd expect we would be hammered for it and rightly so. Same with any other clubs.

I'm struggling to work out what we could be doing, as a club, which would mean we weren't following the same protocols as others? Any suggestions? Allowing car sharing? Not washing cutlery in the staff canteen? A daily, after training singsong in a hermetically-sealed room?

This thing is very infectious and some individuals are, through no fault of their own, good at passing it on. All you need is one guy in the club who is genetically-predisposed to being a super spreader. They pick it up from someone in their household then, asymptomatically, bring it to training. Heavy breathing, even outdoors, after a set of sprints might be enough to infect a few others....

Edited by Buttocks Brown

I'm struggling to work out what we could be doing, as a club, which would mean we weren't following the same protocols as others? Any suggestions? Allowing car sharing? Not washing cutlery in the staff canteen? A daily, after training singsong in a hermetically-sealed room?
This thing is very infectious and some individuals are, through no fault of their own, good at passing it on. All you need is one guy in the club who is genetically-predisposed to being a super spreader. They pick it up from someone in their household then, asymptomatically, bring it to training. Heavy breathing, even outdoors, after a set of sprints might be enough to infect a few others....
Using soap

15 hours ago, smc4761 said:

We are utter cack and even if you fielded a team of 16 year olds we would still give you a 3 goal start. 

The only way we are getting off bottom of league is if you forfeit this one and we get a 0-3

This.  St Mirren will be desperate to get the game on, even if they have to play kids and keepers outfield, because we are utterly dreadful at the moment.  In the last month we've given Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hibs and even fucking Annan three goal leads against us in the first half.