St Mirren v Hamilton (Sat 24th)

16 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I thought the Motherwell game was postponed because we only had 12 players (including GK x4) who weren't self-isolating?

If that's right then surely at least 2 of the 10 outfield players you've picked must have been self-isolating?

I'll leave it up to the person who DM'd me to do the same for you, however the ones that had apparently been infected they aren't included in this squad (no saying they would have gotten into my first 11 anyway! ;)). I am assuming those who had tested -ve and were told to isolate and continued to test -ve will be available for this game.

I am happy to be corrected on that.

56 minutes ago, Ric said:

I am assuming those who had tested -ve and were told to isolate and continued to test -ve will be available for this game.

Hmm don't think so. Footballers are treated the same as everyone else: 14 days self-isolation if in close contact with a positive case. Ryan Christie's period began on 6/10 meaning that he missed the Old Firm match on 17/10.....

There is a possibility though that the positive cases will be back for Saturday. If the test result was last Monday or Tuesday then 10 days will have elapsed before the Hamilton game. That's the reason why Killie were able to avoid forfeitting their fixture against Dunfermline: squad into self-isolation 2/10 with the League Cup tie on 13/10. They got a few of the early positive tests back but not the self-isolators.

I'm assuming we'll have to do similar on Saturday. We'll have more senior players available than Killie had then but perhaps some will have to play out of position and an U18 or two may need to start the game. That's also assuming no more positive cases this week!

Edited by Buttocks Brown

Yeah, I'm not buying any of this "we're shite, guaranteed home win" malarkey. To say we don't score a lot of goals is a bit of an understatement, and if there was one team that Rice's "score more goals than you concede" would work against it'll be us.

Obvs I hope not, and I'd love to see us do what the farmers did, but I really don't see it.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Yeah, I'm not buying any of this "we're shite, guaranteed home win" malarkey. To say we don't score a lot of goals is a bit of an understatement, and if there was one team that Rice's "score more goals than you concede" would work against it'll be us.

Obvs I hope not, and I'd love to see us do what the farmers did, but I really don't see it.

I tend to share your pessimism. We will be in a similar position squad wise as last week given how the isolation rules work - assuming no more positive tests, we'll have eight first  choice outfield players, plus the two who tested positive at the beginning of last week, assuming their fit enough. That leaves us with ten first team outfield players, and of course we have no idea whether that would leave us with a balanced side, have loads of players out of position or have to bring in youngsters. Despite Accies troubles, I'd be very surprised if they aren't too strong for us.

Even if St.Mirren are down to 8 outfield players and four Keepers,they would still win this no sweat.

The atmosphere is toxic between our fans , aka "keyboard warriors" and the Charlatans in the dugout and Boardroom and Maitland's nonsensical defence of the failings of Rice have ratched it up even further.

Fwiw,a run of games with good results won't save Rice in the long run as his recent comments,his Mrs arguing with fans on Twitter and the bad feeling resulting from recent events  means he is a dead man walking.

5 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Even if St.Mirren are down to 8 outfield players and four Keepers,they would still win this no sweat.

The atmosphere is toxic between our fans , aka "keyboard warriors" and the Charlatans in the dugout and Boardroom and Maitland's nonsensical defence of the failings of Rice have ratched it up even further.

Fwiw,a run of games with good results won't save Rice in the long run as his recent comments,his Mrs arguing with fans on Twitter and the bad feeling resulting from recent events  means he is a dead man walking.

His wife is arguing with fans on Twitter?

The previous manager's dad had to be protected in the ground after offering the fans a square go.

Obviously if the Board are looking at a replacement for Rice, they'll be homing in on an unmarried orphan with no social media presence. Should help narrow it down a bit.

Mon the Accies.

Interestingly enough, considering Tommy Wright is now free to court other clubs, and has said he'd be interested in another Scottish gig, perhaps the club that does worst and sacks their manager first may end up coming out of this the best.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Interestingly enough, considering Tommy Wright is now free to court other clubs, and has said he'd be interested in another Scottish gig, perhaps the club that does worst and sacks their manager first may end up coming out of this the best.

In which case, Mon St Mirren 🤭

19 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I'm only kidding. I actually quite fancy Brian Rice's free-scoring lucky bag starting 11 to win this one.

I afraid I'm going to have to take your first answer.. ;)

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

So will I, Turncoat Tommy will have Accies flying into 10th spot just in front of County and the Buddies. 

Canny fucking wait. 

At least with Hamilton he'll see an increase in crowd sizes...

#crowdwank2020

What on earth is going on at St Mirren with the amount of positive tests they are having.

I’m not suggesting that they are being negligent, maybe it’s just a case that the current protocols aren’t enough in their situation.

It seriously needs looked at. 

I blame Maurice Ross.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

What on earth is going on at St Mirren with the amount of positive tests they are having.

I’m not suggesting that they are being negligent, maybe it’s just a case that the current protocols aren’t enough in their situation.

While I'd normally defend my club, I think some clarity regarding the cases and/or if safe guards could have been in place to stop it is not a harsh thing to ask.

That said... we are, of course, in the middle of a second wave.

Edited by Ric

Craig Levein said something along the lines that a couple of top flight teams have not been taking the Covid protocols seriously enough. This from ex players so something must be doing the rounds. 

Not saying that St Mirren are one of those clubs. And it could be a lot of shite.......but one club has half the squad testing positive and or Isolating whilst others have not (yet) has a single positive case....mmmmm