St Mirren v Hamilton (Sat 24th)

I'm not saying they haven't...there are central belt teams who haven't had a single case.
Fair enough bud.

I think we are all wondering what the hell is going on, as long as the club and players are sticking to the guidelines it has to be down to bad luck. If not then we will be hammered for it.

Fair enough bud.

I think we are all wondering what the hell is going on, as long as the club and players are sticking to the guidelines it has to be down to bad luck. If not then we will be hammered for it.
Apparently the stadium is being used for flu jabs so the public are going in and out which could be something to do with it...if so that's a mental decision for them to make

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
1 minute ago, sergie said:
Fair enough bud.

Apparently the stadium is being used for flu jabs so the public are going in and out which could be something to do with it...if so that's a mental decision for them to make

The players don't go anywhere near the stadium.

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
13 minutes ago, FTOF said:
The players don't go anywhere near the stadium.

Where do they play football? Tesco?

We have our training complex at Ralston - 2 miles from the stadium. The players do not go near the stadium except on match days.

45 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
46 minutes ago, sergie said:
Fair enough bud.

1. The players won't be in an out of the stadium every day

2. It's the airdome that's being used, not the stadium. 

Edit, it's actually the West Stand being used which is just as distant. It's opposite the main stand so no one is going in and out of the main stand. 

Edited by djchapsticks

My bet on the match has not been voided with the bookmakers citing their T&Cs stating the bet would still be valid if the match is played in the same week. Is there any chance that it would go ahead next Saturday with both teams having their originally scheduled matches postponed?

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Maybe.

It's eminently possible that protocols have been obeyed to the letter of the law. The spread of this virus doesn't seem to stopped by anything other than complete lockdown.

It is of course equally possible that the most likely explanation is, in true Occam's razor fashion, that a breach of protocol has exacerbated the situation.

I'm sure any investigation will be thorough and find out any fault on our part.

If the latter is the case, then we quite rightly will be punished.

I've had three different people tell me we should face a points deduction. 

I'll be fucking raging if that happens. Clubs will then start fudging the test results if it means avoiding a points deduction!

4 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I've had three different people tell me we should face a points deduction. 

I'll be fucking raging if that happens. Clubs will then start fudging the test results if it means avoiding a points deduction!

Did Maurice Ross tell you that ?

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
4 hours ago, sergie said:
Motherwell, Accies and Kilmarnock have all had cases.

I'm not saying they haven't...there are central belt teams who haven't had a single case.

True but Motherwell, Accies, Killie and Saints players all earn similar money, so chances are their wives will also have jobs, kids go to local schools and they will live in regular communities. If the area you live in is a hot spot then journeymen footballers are no different from the rest of the population.

8 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Surely questions need to be asked around At Mirren's covid protocols. This is the 4th outbreak they've had at the club since the season started.

Paisley Alexander hospital if full with C19 new patients have to be transferred to Glasgow . It's a bit naive to think this will not affect other teams when we are not even out the first month of winter. 

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Paisley Alexander hospital if full with C19 new patients have to be transferred to Glasgow . It's a bit naive to think this will not affect other teams when we are not even out the first month of winter. 

It's not the fact it won't or hasn't hit other clubs yet, it's the fact it's now repeatedly hit the one club. From the outside looking in, something isn't being done correctly. 

I'm not saying it won't affect other teams, I just find it strange that st Mirren are in the midst of their 4th outbreak before others have had a single case