St Mirren v Hamilton (Sat 24th)

3 hours ago, Shotts56 said:

This.  St Mirren will be desperate to get the game on, even if they have to play kids and keepers outfield, because we are utterly dreadful at the moment.  In the last month we've given Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hibs and even fucking Annan three goal leads against us in the first half.

I'd say we'd be desperate to get the game on if only to avoid both some sort of off the field sanction (as looks to maybe be the case with Killie, although we won't necessarily avoid it for our postponed Motherwell game) and to avoid a direct 3-0 forfeit. If it was against the OF, I'd be tempted to take the 3-0 automatic loss, against Hamilton you have to feel we have a chance even with a weakened team - that's no dig, Hamilton fans would no doubt say the same if the situation was reversed.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'd say we'd be desperate to get the game on if only to avoid both some sort of off the field sanction (as looks to maybe be the case with Killie, although we won't necessarily avoid it for our postponed Motherwell game) and to avoid a direct 3-0 forfeit. If it was against the OF, I'd be tempted to take the 3-0 automatic loss, against Hamilton you have to feel we have a chance even with a weakened team - that's no dig, Hamilton fans would no doubt say the same if the situation was reversed.

If the situation was reversed I would bite your baws aff for a 3-0 default defeat. I probably would right now to be honest.

Even more cases of C19 today with Saints. No chance tomorrow's game will go ahead. 
Fs. As soon as any Covid group appears I'm resigned to the game getting postponed but it's always disappointing when it does happen (which this will).

Just now, accies1874 said:
24 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:
Even more cases of C19 today with Saints. No chance tomorrow's game will go ahead. 

Fs. As soon as any Covid group appears I'm resigned to the game getting postponed but it's always disappointing when it does happen (which this will).

Hearing the youth team has been tested so who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Surely questions need to be asked around At Mirren's covid protocols. This is the 4th outbreak they've had at the club since the season started.

What do you think the SPFL will be doing during their investigation?

10 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What I'm saying is something different needs done if they've gone through this process 3 times already

Maybe.

It's eminently possible that protocols have been obeyed to the letter of the law. The spread of this virus doesn't seem to stopped by anything other than complete lockdown.

It is of course equally possible that the most likely explanation is, in true Occam's razor fashion, that a breach of protocol has exacerbated the situation.

I'm sure any investigation will be thorough and find out any fault on our part.

If the latter is the case, then we quite rightly will be punished.

Edited by FTOF

Maybe.
It's eminently possible that protocols have been obeyed to the letter of the law. The spread of this virus doesn't seem to stopped by anything other than complete lockdown.
It is of course equally possible that, in true Occam's razor fashion, a breach of protocol has exacerbated the situation.
I'm sure any investigation will be thorough and find out any fault on our part.
If the latter is the case, then we quite rightly will be punished.
I get that the virus isn't stopped easily but I just find it strange that the same club have had 4 outbreaks where other teams in the high risk central belt have had no cases. Hope everyone is alright and St Mirren are back playing football soon

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What I'm saying is something different needs done if they've gone through this process 3 times already

Maybe st.mirren are following the protocols rigorously, and have more cases due to being in a 'hotspot'. Hamilton have also been badly affected due to the huge increase in Lanarkshire. Are the clubs who are showing zero or little cases very lucky, or more lax in their processes, as hinted by that tosser levein.

I get that the virus isn't stopped easily but I just find it strange that the same club have had 4 outbreaks where other teams in the high risk central belt have had no cases. Hope everyone is alright and St Mirren are back playing football soon
Motherwell, Accies and Kilmarnock have all had cases.