Falkirk Vs Forfar

Guest bernardblack

16 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Alston is shite

Well, he certainly was today, however, luckily we know he's far from shite normally. I don't think he's anywhere near fit, much like some others. I just hope we're not repeating that a month or so from now.

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Our play is really slow and laboured, we don't get the ball forward fast enough. Apart from Morrison no pace about the team and the back 4 and keeper look shaky. Early days and hope to see lots of improvement going forward.

I agree with Joe, I thought Hall was our MOM today. A clear 5/10 for me. Mutch of course isn't normally shaky, although he may now have lost his place to Morrison.

Alston has had no pre season. Honestly think the management duo are completely clueless. We pumped forfar 6 0 last game we played them at home funnily enough with gomis on the bench  and not paired with feckin miller. It doesn't feckin work playing the two of them in the middle of the bloody park. Wake up for feck sake. If I was the yanks if be getting those two out the door asap. 

...And there we go. Back to what has come to be our new normal in the past three years. Can't remember the Forfar keeper having to make a save in the game.  Other than Miller smashing that shot against the post, which he made out of nothing, did we actually create a chance in the second half?  Not even a good chance, any chance?    Effing dire.  If M&M are really serious about "not carrying passengers", we'd better get busy in the free agent market. Got to hope Phil Rawlins wasn't watching that pish, it'd put him right off.  Lamentable stuff. 

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Alston has had no pre season. Honestly think the management duo are completely clueless. We pumped forfar 6 0 last game we played them at home funnily enough with gomis on the bench  and not paired with feckin miller. It doesn't feckin work playing the two of them in the middle of the bloody park. Wake up for feck sake. If I was the yanks if be getting those two out the door asap. 

Gomis and Miller would work fine if Gomis stayed forward. Today though when one was on the ball the other was moving backward to fill the hole rather than sticking to their positions. I don't think we'll see them play together once Alston's up to speed and Connolly's back.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Gomis and Miller would work fine if Gomis stayed forward. Today though when one was on the ball the other was moving backward to fill the hole rather than sticking to their positions. I don't think we'll see them play together once Alston's up to speed and Connolly's back.

It didn't work last season. Why are we going back to it again? It's no feckin rocket science. If the management team dont realise that then God knows what they are doing.

Last season when we played like that on a number of occasions McManus pulled us out a whole. That ain't going to happen this year.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Well, he certainly was today, however, luckily we know he's far from shite normally. I don't think he's anywhere near fit, much like some others. I just hope we're not repeating that a month or so from now.

I’ve seen him about 3 games now, I don’t think I’ve seen him finding a man with a pass yet, constantly losing the ball then putting the already shaky defence under pressure. He was blowing out his arse after about 15 minutes today.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It didn't work last season. Why are we going back to it again? It's no feckin rocket science. If the management team don realise that then God knows what they are doing.

It didn't work last season for the same reason that it didn't work today. Having said that, due to injuries, the only other option they had would have been to start Leitch in place of Gomis and I don't think that would have worked either.

16 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I’ve seen him about 3 games now, I don’t think I’ve seen him finding a man with a pass yet, constantly losing the ball then putting the already shaky defence under pressure. He was blowing out his arse after about 15 minutes today.

Yea, as I say, I don't think he's fully fit.

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

What a chance for Barr at the end! Thought the deflection was going to take it in.

Delighted with a point overall though.

Thought our defending was decent. We're not looking too exciting going forward but being a lot less soft centred so far is in approvement on last year.

Hoti looks a good player, thought Irvine did well mopping up too. Would like to see Antoniazzi get a chance ahead of Barr

There's definitely improvements that can be made to that team. I'm still none the wiser as to what Barr contributes, Antoniazzi and Allan need to be starting.

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Alston is shite

Far from being fit, he should stick out like a sore thumb when fit in this league but he isn't the Messiah.

We never kicked a ball in the 2nd half, we showed a bit urgency after the penalty but it was like the big bad wolf trying to blow down a brick house.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

It didn't work last season for the same reason that it didn't work today. Having said that, due to injuries, the only other option they had would have been to start Leitch in place of Gomis and I don't think that would have worked either.

Leitch might not be brilliant but  at least has an attacking edge to his game. He could've been told to push up to support the front two with Millar playing the holding role. Our tight squad is looking less than adequate at the moment. Never mind Charlie telfer will be fit again soon. 

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Leitch might not be brilliant but  at least has an attacking edge to his game. He could've been told to push up to support the front two with Millar playing the holding role. Our tight squad is looking less than adequate at the moment. Never mind Charlie telfer will be fit again soon. 

Gomis has an attacking edge to his game too, he just doesn't use it effectively or often enough. Leitch may well have been a better option today as he wouldn't have been tracking back to try to get involved all the time. He strikes me as someone that will show us some good stuff very occasionally but would be generally ineffective though.

59 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Gomis has an attacking edge to his game too, he just doesn't use it effectively or often enough. Leitch may well have been a better option today as he wouldn't have been tracking back to try to get involved all the time. He strikes me as someone that will show us some good stuff very occasionally but would be generally ineffective though.

Leitch should be more than capable against forfar. Gomis was alright for 20 mins but disappeared after that.  We needed young legs in our centre mid this year and we all knew that but the management team have again failed to resolve that issue completely. 

Alston still doesn't look fit. Gomis is more effective coming on from the bench. Mutch and mutch alone cost us that game. Was looking like an easy 1 0. Very boring but would have took the points. What an absolute dick. Also the commentary suggesting we would settle for a point with 25 mins left to play against a team we put 6 past last season is horrific. 

43 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Alston still doesn't look fit. Gomis is more effective coming on from the bench. Mutch and mutch alone cost us that game. Was looking like an easy 1 0. Very boring but would have took the points. What an absolute dick. Also the commentary suggesting we would settle for a point with 25 mins left to play against a team we put 6 past last season is horrific. 

I had to laugh at the commentary suggesting folk watching around the TFS would get a better view on Falkirk TV.....after they had missed the sending off incident 

Edited by MrDust