Falkirk Vs Forfar

Guest bernardblack

Guest bernardblack

Thought I should start a match thread here.

Our back four looked solid last weekend, but I think Falkirk will have too much for us on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Thought I should start a match thread here.

Our back four looked solid last weekend, but I think Falkirk will have too much for us on Saturday.

No disrespect but Forfar were probably our easiest fixture last season. 11 goals for, 0 goals against over 3 games. I did however watch your highlights vs. Dumbarton and it looks to me as if you have improved over the break? Are any of the new loanees impressing?  

God knows how we are looking on the injury front so I'd take a 1-0 last minute penalty win for the 3 points. If fit I'd be tempted to line up:

Mutch

Mercer - Miller - Durnan - Dixon

Morrison - Alston - Gomis - Todd

Dowds - Akeel

Edited by wee_bairn

Club legend Scott Shepherd returns to TFS, can't wait.

Good scoreline last week, not the best performance. Hopefully we've done nothing but practice defending set pieces all week.

Aside from the obvious defensive worries, I hope we stick with Dowds and Francis for this and see if they can develop a partnership.

If it's not working get BSLM on ASAP

8 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Yeah I totally agree. Fully expecting us to lose but as long as we aren't completely destroyed like we were last season against Falkirk.

Any Forfar fans wanting to watch the match can do so for the bargain price of £13.99 here

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/10/20/ppv-tickets-for-forfar-now-on-sale/?fbclid=IwAR1fkXTjMpwCUoJZSeo3QwYPw2D8gNf1t5SFetqAKwWi9hecGt5-iwAdTXQ

Or for free after 5 minutes on youtube when the website inevitably fails to cope with 3.5-4k people all trying to get on at the same time

12 minutes ago, BillyBairn said:

Bainsfordbairn said in the Falkirk FC thread that he had spoken to him and the injury is not as bad as expected, looking like a short term injury, which is good news!

That's excellent news as he's looked very promising from what I've seen of him so far. Francis  certainly has potential but is still very raw and whilst BSLM can still cut it at this level he is 37 now - so important to get him back asap.

Once Alston gets up to match sharpness and with Connolly back to give another option on the left I think we're shaping up quite well.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Hopefully another win, and a better performance than last week when we were awful but played our get out of jail free card (LM). Still no sign of a new defender which is a concern, as it's pretty much a stick on that Forfar will score. 3-1 us and Dowds to get off the mark. 

29 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Hopefully another win, and a better performance than last week when we were awful but played our get out of jail free card (LM). Still no sign of a new defender which is a concern, as it's pretty much a stick on that Forfar will score. 3-1 us and Dowds to get off the mark. 

I'm not concerned about the defense tbh. It's essentially the same back 4 and goalkeeper that only conceded 18 goals in 28 games last season (and only 5 of them were at home) .

Although we don't have any cover at CB or RB (unless you include Gary Miller) I wouldn't want us to sign bodies/ shell out wages just for the sake of it, particularly given the obvious budget constraints this season.

Although it was concerning that we conceded two set pieces against Dunfermline, the fact it's got them a goal against every other team they've faced this season as well suggests the Thomas > Murray combination is one they've worked on a lot. The goal we conceded on Saturday was disappointing but it doesn't suddenly make us shit at the back. 

Hopefully we can shift a few more season tickets off the back of last nights vote and get a better calibre of player in as a result 

I'm not concerned about the defense tbh. It's essentially the same back 4 and goalkeeper that only conceded 18 goals in 28 games last season (and only 5 of them were at home) .
Although we don't have any cover at CB or RB (unless you include Gary Miller) I wouldn't want us to sign bodies/ shell out wages just for the sake of it, particularly given the obvious budget constraints this season.
Although it was concerning that we conceded two set pieces against Dunfermline, the fact it's got them a goal against every other team they've faced this season as well suggests the Thomas > Murray combination is one they've worked on a lot. The goal we conceded on Saturday was disappointing but it doesn't suddenly make us shit at the back. 
Hopefully we can shift a few more season tickets off the back of last nights vote and get a better calibre of player in as a result 

You only have to have watched us since October to have some concerns about the defence tbh. We look about as solid as a pane of glass on set pieces, which is suicidal in L1