Peterhead vs Cove

18 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

How has Scott Ross been for you? He was a liability for us and I'm still pretty puzzled as to how he seems to play so much for Cove.

He's been generally solid for L2 but has his defensive lapse moments. Had a complete howler last week against EF that cost us our clean sheet. Playing makeshift right back so far this season.

Once Fyvie returns I think Blair Yule will go right back and that means Scott Ross, Daniel Higgins or Ryan Strachan will be benched. 

Our best defender is undoubtedly Harry Milne (LB).

No glitches with the stream and glad to see the score and time clock there,  bit of commentary would be nice as an improvement. 

Edited by SJP79

Decent start from us up until the point we invited Megginson to have a shot at goal which he quite happily hit the back of the net with. From that point onwards think i knew we would not be coming back & eventually was not sorry to gear the final whistle as thought Cove were going to score a few. We should have managed to clear the ball easily to avoid the second. Felt a bit sorry for our two outfield subs at halftime who had no option but just pass the ball back & fore to each other, Coves subs up the other end looked like a full team in comparison. At least Rory went easy on us during his 30 second return to Balmoor.. Looks like a tough season ahead if we reach the dizzy heights of 8th would maybe be happy to call an early end to it.

As far as the streaming goes while not ideal it is what it is & runs remotely  so does not follow play all the time, noticed today with one half of the park in sunshine & the other in shade the far side hoardings seemed very bright at times. Not sure if a pre-kick off graphic of the teams could be added as i had to get the team lists up elsewhere. Would not be my first choice for watching the team (obviously would rather be there) but who would have thought watching live Peterhead games would have been an option before now. 

Just now, peternapper said:

Decent start from us up until the point we invited Megginson to have a shot at goal which he quite happily hit the back of the net with. From that point onwards think i knew we would not be coming back & eventually was not sorry to gear the final whistle as thought Cove were going to score a few. We should have managed to clear the ball easily to avoid the second. Felt a bit sorry for our two outfield subs at halftime who had no option but just pass the ball back & fore to each other, Coves subs up the other end looked like a full team in comparison. At least Rory went easy on us during his 30 second return to Balmoor.. Looks like a tough season ahead if we reach the dizzy heights of 8th would maybe be happy to call an early end to it.

As far as the streaming goes while not ideal it is what it is & runs remotely  so does not follow play all the time, noticed today with one half of the park in sunshine & the other in shade the far side hoardings seemed very bright at times. Not sure if a pre-kick off graphic of the teams could be added as i had to get the team lists up elsewhere. Would not be my first choice for watching the team (obviously would rather be there) but who would have thought watching live Peterhead games would have been an option before now. 

How was Cameron?

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

How was Cameron?

Sorry but not having commentary on the stream & so many new faces its difficult to keep track of who is who during the game, at present we are glad of anyone, only having two outfield subs today so should get plenty game time hopefully to our & the players benefit.

was  surprised that bookies had cove so short for their first away fixture in L1 but result shows they know their onions!! would have been really decent crowd, such a shame, guessing maybe 1500-2000? let's hope this lockdown nonsense behind us before the return fixture, anywyes the win at balmoor wid blaw ony covid miles inland!!

16 hours ago, marello said:

was  surprised that bookies had cove so short for their first away fixture in L1 but result shows they know their onions!! would have been really decent crowd, such a shame, guessing maybe 1500-2000? let's hope this lockdown nonsense behind us before the return fixture, anywyes the win at balmoor wid blaw ony covid miles inland!!

Luckily it was a fine day..........

Nae ower winnie.........

18 hours ago, peternapper said:

Sorry but not having commentary on the stream & so many new faces its difficult to keep track of who is who during the game, at present we are glad of anyone, only having two outfield subs today so should get plenty game time hopefully to our & the players benefit.

Was Isaac Layne injured? Noticed he was an unused sub yesterday.

9 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Luckily it was a fine day..........

Nae ower winnie.........

There's never any lack of wind at Balmoor - both on and off the park. I will await to hear the usual hard luck excuses which seem to have been prevalent over the past few seasons.

32 minutes ago, blueone said:

Yes, went off injured against Airdrie. Was on the bench to give us 3 subs including a keeper.☹️

Don't think he would have been risked at all.

Long way to go when he knew he probably wasn't going to get on. Ouch. 

We can relate to that. We never seem to have a full bench, and more often than not it's two or three players plus a 'keeper. 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Was Isaac Layne injured? Noticed he was an unused sub yesterday.

Was out for a kick about at half time but it was decided not to chance him aggravating last weeks injury when the game was doing away from us, hopefully fit next week as we need to see some points on the board before too long.

33 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was out for a kick about at half time but it was decided not to chance him aggravating last weeks injury when the game was doing away from us, hopefully fit next week as we need to see some points on the board before too long.

I'd rather you didn't tbh 😉