Peterhead vs Cove

Saturday sees Cove make the short journey up the road to take on Peterhead in what is an eagerly awaited "derby" if you can call it that.

I've subscribed to Peterhead TV for the game. Decent value at £10.

Cove are coming off a 3-1 home win against East Fife and will be looking to secure back to back wins in L1. 

Not sure what to expect from Peterhead. A few on Through the Turnstiles tipped Peterhead to finish in the bottom two but clearly an accomplished win at Tanndice shows this might not be in the case. 

Fancy Mitch to get on the scoresheet again. Milne, Yule and Scully are looking solid for us already and Fyvie could return to the side.

P.S - want McAllister back? Turning circle like the QE2 and looks like he's running in wet concrete. Peterhead got him in his peak where he was deadly. Does get the odd goal now but I reckon he'll be warming the bench for us most of the season.

36 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

We're decimated with injuries already, we're looking at a squad of 14 for Saturday. Still don't want McAllister back though.

That's not ideal on the injury front. Hopefully a few boys can return to fitness before Saturday and give you some kind of a squad. 

Rory just baffles me as to why Cove paid that amount of money for him and handed him such a long term deal. Will he be happy sitting on the bench or will he get itchy feet, who knows.

I remember hearing rumours mid last season that we could be looking at a new striker and hoped it was Shane Sutherland who would have been a good bit of business but sadly we got Rory. 

Mitch is a deadly striker but apart from him we have Jordon Brown and Rory so quite light on options. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

15 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That's not ideal on the injury front. Hopefully a few boys can return to fitness before Saturday and give you some kind of a squad. 

Rory just baffles me as to why Cove paid that amount of money for him and handed him such a long term deal. Will he be happy sitting on the bench or will he get itchy feet, who knows.

I remember hearing rumours mid last season that we could be looking at a new striker and hoped it was Shane Sutherland who would have been a good bit of business but sadly we got Rory. 

Mitch is a deadly striker but apart from him we have Jordon Brown and Rory so quite light on options. 

Having had both Sutherland and Rory in and out the club twice, take it from me that even Rory on the bench is better business than Sutherland.

15 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

The bit i seen today reckons we could be down to a squad of 13 including two keepers, Layne is unknown. Regards to Cove have you given up on  Leighton McIntosh already, we had him before & always thought he had potential, he is big & strong & was quick, where he used to let himself down was he tended to wait see what happened rather than anticipate what was going to happen. The season got off to a good start but Jim can only shuffle players around so much but we are missing important players in important positions. Could be backs to the wall we will just have to ride it out.

58 minutes ago, Toon 68 said:

same old story, running with a small squad and picking up the usual injuries. hopefully we can get a couple of eager youngsters in to cover.

I dare say Balmoor would have been packed on Saturday. 

Would have been rammed. Big travelling Cove support and I think a few Dons fans would have been enticed to come along too.

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

The bit i seen today reckons we could be down to a squad of 13 including two keepers, Layne is unknown. Regards to Cove have you given up on  Leighton McIntosh already, we had him before & always thought he had potential, he is big & strong & was quick, where he used to let himself down was he tended to wait see what happened rather than anticipate what was going to happen. The season got off to a good start but Jim can only shuffle players around so much but we are missing important players in important positions. Could be backs to the wall we will just have to ride it out.

Leighton McIntosh has impressed me so far against Hibs (especially) and against EF. He' very quick and powerful like you say and can player winger or as a supporting striker to Mitch. LM will link well with Mitch and fancy both to get quite a lot of goals.

Well hopefully you get a few players fit for Saturday and it's a good watch all around.

21 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

There was another League 1 striker who you were trying to throw money at.

The McAllister signing does look like it was almost entirely for patter purposes, which I am very much on board with.

The McAllister signing does look like it was almost entirely for patter purposes, which I am very much on board with.
I tried telling a Cove fan on twitter that he really wasn't all that anymore when they signed him and he immediately started with the insults. Let me tell you, I'll have the last laugh when Cove release McAllister after he's hoovered about a million pounds off them and scored 15 goals.

10 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
11 hours ago, resk said:

I tried telling a Cove fan on twitter that he really wasn't all that anymore when they signed him and he immediately started with the insults. Let me tell you, I'll have the last laugh when Cove release McAllister after he's hoovered about a million pounds off them and scored 15 goals.

15 goals?

How long is his contract?

17 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, SJP79 said:
Does the live stream have any commentary ?

It didn't have against Brechin, that's the only one I've seen.

Shame that, pretty sure they could get someone in and it would improve the match experience. 

Strong winds in Peterhead today although should ease a bit by kick off.

One of those days where you'd rather stay at home and watch a stream instead of being there.

No idea how this game will go. Cove are clearly the favourites at the bookies.

Edited by blueone