St Johnstone v Dundee United 24/10\20

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I see.

I can fully understand why a club would leave out the fact fans could get "huge discounts" from their "key points" section for season tickets, and instead email every individual fan it after they've made the purchase instead.

A simply tremendous marketing ploy, or utter shite.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6486/DUNDEE-UNITED-SEASON-TICKET-HOLDERS-TO-SEE-ALL-HOME-LEAGUE-GAMES.html

"Therefore, Dundee United pledge that if three or more home games are held behind closed doors during Season 2020/21, those who purchase a season ticket they will receive a credit equivalent to 1/19th of their season ticket price for each match missed from the third match that can then be put towards either the overall cost of a season ticket or match tickets for the 2021/22 season. "

That appears to be the public Dundee United website rather than an individual email to all season ticket holders.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A real struggle to understand why a mid-table Scottish side with ~1500 season ticket holders need to charge fans more than top tier English clubs with ~40k season ticket holders and a guaranteed minimum income of £150m are.

A real fucking struggle that one.

Understand that logic in isolation, but the implication then would be that the likes of Scottish League Two clubs would charge more than your £17.50 per game, whereas in the real world they charge around half that.

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

I get the impression that Callum's a pretty cautious manager when it comes to injuries and fitness.

"He was signed by Preston North End in 2004 on a free transfer and was later appointed club captain. His time at Deepdale was dominated by recurring injury problems, but he still managed to make over 160 appearances for Preston"

Maybe is just how he'll be if hes suffered from recurring injuries personally? Maybe kept coming back too early.

1 minute ago, Alan_G said:

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6486/DUNDEE-UNITED-SEASON-TICKET-HOLDERS-TO-SEE-ALL-HOME-LEAGUE-GAMES.html

"Therefore, Dundee United pledge that if three or more home games are held behind closed doors during Season 2020/21, those who purchase a season ticket they will receive a credit equivalent to 1/19th of their season ticket price for each match missed from the third match that can then be put towards either the overall cost of a season ticket or match tickets for the 2021/22 season. "

That appears to be the public Dundee United website rather than an individual email to all season ticket holders.

Finally.

He had a pretty good game last week before the injury, and prior to that he was instructed to sit deep while Davidson was coming back from injury. I'd rather he started if fully fit for consistency as much as anything, would have preferred Bryson to get a wee but more game time with the team before starting. I honestly don't think he's on the bench because of performance. 
I get the impression that Callum's a pretty cautious manager when it comes to injuries and fitness, either because that's what he is or due to the very small squad size. Guess that's why there's no sign of Melamed yet. 
Should have been clear - I think he has looked a little tired the last games. This is just Callum giving him a rest I think, going to be a long season for him.

18 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Season ticket holders this season will also get a huge discount off season tickets next season (depending on how many games we’re locked out of).

£17.50 is ridiculous for a stream to watch St Johnstone v United no matter how you try and justify it.

I'd have paid 100 times that for THAT Saints v United game M9.

2 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

The thing that makes me sad about that is that looking back to the time it was written, there was the hope that there would only be a few games without fans. The best we can hope for now is sometime in the new year. 

Would have been a great day for live football today.

2 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

You mean thanks and sorry

Just wait until I can be arsed to do the maths, but 1/19th per match doesnt seem like a "massive discount" so far.

Edited by RandomGuy.

15 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I actually think McCann has struggled a little the last couple of games so don't mind him getting a rest.

Yep, that coupled with the knock he took last week - a rest isn't a bad idea.  Bryson looked good when he came on.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just wait until I can be arsed to do the maths, but 1/19th per match doesnt seem like a "massive discount".

I assume you will put as much effort in as you would for searching a website. 
There are ~19 home league games this season depending on the split. So for every game you can't get to you will get that off the next seasons ticket.
So if no-one gets to any home game next years season ticket is free. (edit: missed the clause of from third game, thought it was saying if at least 3 are missed the discount would apply, not that there would be discount for greater than 3

If the potential of a 89% discount isn't massive then I am not sure what you would consider a "massive discount"

Edited by Alan_G
being an idiot

1 minute ago, Loemba90 said:

If we don’t get in this season it will be 17/19 of the price, I’d say that’s pretty big.

Just now, Alan_G said:

I assume you will put as much effort in as you would for searching a website. 
There are ~19 home league games this season depending on the split. So for every game you can't get to you will get that off the next seasons ticket.
So if no-one gets to any home game next years season ticket is free.

If the potential of a 100% discount isn't massive then I am not sure what you would consider a "massive discount"

And I said to Motherwell fans, if you genuinely believe the clubs are going to hand out almost free season tickets to every single person who bought one this Summer, then you're deluded.

It would kill these clubs next season.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And I said to Motherwell fans, if you genuinely believe the clubs are going to hand out almost free season tickets to every single person who bought one this Summer, then you're deluded.

It would kill these clubs next season.

I suspect real fans would not expect to get a season of football for free - they wouldn't want their clubs to die.