St Johnstone v Dundee United 24/10\20

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Tactical mastermind" Micky Mellon, simply copying our set up, is some shout. 

It took us about 2 months to get it working, so see how that goes.

Happy with our line up, not surprised to see Bryson in considering the impact hes had, but susprised McCann is out.

Who else would Bryson replace, if you expected him in, but not McCann out? 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Tactical mastermind" Micky Mellon, simply copying our set up, is some shout. 

It took us about 2 months to get it working, so see how that goes.

Happy with our line up, not surprised to see Bryson in considering the impact hes had, but susprised McCann is out.

I know you are on the wind up but United have been playing 3 at the back quite regularly this season. But you knew that 🙄

And I've just had the feeling the tactical mastermind might be running a 3-4-3 today 

Edited by ArabianKnight

2 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Do St Johnstone realise they are charging more than premiership games?

A real struggle to understand why a mid-table Scottish side with ~1500 season ticket holders need to charge fans more than top tier English clubs with ~40k season ticket holders and a guaranteed minimum income of £150m are.

A real fucking struggle that one.

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Who else would Bryson replace, if you expected him in, but not McCann out? 

Wondered if he'd put Bryson in with McCann/Muzz and go two up top, since we struggled against United midfield 3 in the first game.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

I know you are on the wind up but United have been playing 3 at the back quite regularly this season. But you knew that 🙄

Aye, if I was on about the back 3 you'd have a point, I meant more the playing 2 in CM and the 3 up front.

Derek McInnes is currently getting lauded as a tactical genius for literally stealing the set up at half time of our match against them.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A real struggle to understand why a mid-table Scottish side with ~1500 season ticket holders need to charge fans more than top tier English clubs with ~40k season ticket holders and a guaranteed minimum income of £150m are.

A real fucking struggle that one.

Wondered if he'd put Bryson in with McCann/Muzz and go two up top, since we struggled against United midfield 3 in the first game.

Everyone else has been charging £12.50 - £15

Just now, steve55 said:

Everyone else has been charging £12.50 - £15

Nice for them. Saints took the option that means that means PPV customers will be paying slightly more than season ticket holders. If away fans are shafted due that, then so be it, the club have prioritised season ticket holders.

I await, with baited breath, the reaction to your fanbase when we go a full season without crowds in stadiums and they realise that season ticket holders have been paying more than anyone to watch the games.

I'm not mad about this Bryson in / McCann out malarkey, after all the talk about letting Davidson sit more holding to let Ali get forward. Saying that, it will be good to see what Bryson can do from the start, his through ball last week was dreamy. Do wonder if the knock in the back has maybe had an impact on his training this week. 

Pretty happy though. Good to see that we got the lineup out before the game actually started. Professional. 

Dundee United fans

Adult season ticket - £295-£380

PPV for 19 home games - £237.50

Sure hope none of your fans spunked out £380 for a season ticket, only to get absolutely nothing for it other than £150 less than someone who didnt.

Great way to reward fans who showed loyalty when the club needed it most.

But aye, direct your ire at a club looking out for their most loyal fans rather than question your own club, must be a Dundee thing.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee United fans

Sure hope none of your fans spunked out £380 for a season ticket, only to get absolutely nothing for it other than £150 less than someone who didnt.

But aye, direct your ire at a club looking out for their most loyal fans rather than question your own club, must be a Dundee thing.

Season ticket holders this season will also get a huge discount off season tickets next season (depending on how many games we’re locked out of).

£17.50 is ridiculous for a stream to watch St Johnstone v United no matter how you try and justify it.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee United fans

Random Guy not knowing what he’s talking about. Must be a farmer thing.

I'm not mad about this Bryson in / McCann out malarkey, after all the talk about letting Davidson sit more holding to let Ali get forward. Saying that, it will be good to see what Bryson can do from the start, his through ball last week was dreamy. Do wonder if the knock in the back has maybe had an impact on his training this week. 
Pretty happy though. Good to see that we got the lineup out before the game actually started. Professional. 

Yeah I suspect he’s still feeling the effects, it was a hefty dunt he took in the back and he certainly felt it last weekend. He’s played a lot of football recently including international games, so a wee break to let it recover isn’t the worst idea in the world.

3 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Season ticket holders this season will also get a huge discount off season tickets next season (depending on how many games we’re locked out of).

You think?

Theres literally no mention of that at all when you go to sign up for a season ticket...

863620757_Unitedseasontickets.thumb.png.8b37c074a147647ea2b295c78f85f05e.png

Care to point out where it mentions "huge discounts" for next season?

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee United fans

I did to support my club, would do it again.  

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

Theres literally no mention of that at all when you go to sign up for a season ticket...

863620757_Unitedseasontickets.thumb.png.8b37c074a147647ea2b295c78f85f05e.png

Care to point out where it mentions "huge discounts" for next season?

Oh ffs, no I don’t care to point out where as I cannot be arsed to go and find it, but it has been communicated to all United season ticket holders

1 minute ago, Loemba90 said:

Oh ffs, no I don’t care to point out where as I cannot be arsed to go and find it, but it has been communicated to all United season ticket holders

I see.

I can fully understand why a club would leave out the fact fans could get "huge discounts" from their "key points" section for season tickets, and instead email every individual fan it after they've made the purchase instead.

A simply tremendous marketing ploy, or utter shite.

3 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I actually think McCann has struggled a little the last couple of games so don't mind him getting a rest.

He had a pretty good game last week before the injury, and prior to that he was instructed to sit deep while Davidson was coming back from injury. I'd rather he started if fully fit for consistency as much as anything, would have preferred Bryson to get a wee but more game time with the team before starting. I honestly don't think he's on the bench because of performance. 

I get the impression that Callum's a pretty cautious manager when it comes to injuries and fitness, either because that's what he is or due to the very small squad size. Guess that's why there's no sign of Melamed yet.