Jump to content
The Marly

St Johnstone v Dundee United 24/10\20

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Widge said:

Jesus Christ this threads an absolute shitshow already.

Either way, we charge what we charge for PPV so not to make a season ticket worse value for those who support the club every year by buying one. Saints explained this and to me it’s fair and reasonable. Plus so many fans are getting worked up about the costs of streams and forgetting that it’s not just a ticket price they’re saving on, it’s food, travel, parking, drinks, etc. I’ve bought every other teams stream this year so far and it’s probably been 50% if Olmert less of the actual cost I’d usually spend and I don’t even get to all the away games.

As for the football, if we play the same way as we did against Hamilton I’m confident we’ll score goals. Hopefully United stick Shankland up top on his own and our three centrebacks can deal with him, best way to get at us is to have a go and play 2 up top so we don’t always have a spare man to bring the ball out of defence.

I see your reasoning behind the PPV price, but I'm not a Saints season ticket holder, and streams generally are nowhere near a comparable substitute for being at a match. And I still eat and drink on the day of any match.

And what's an ex-Israeli PM got to do with it? Subliminal stuff from the Saints support on here.

I think it's unlikely that United will get a victory here, but the league has been unpredictable so far, nothing should surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How are we robbing b*****ds? You still havent explained that


In 2012 you had a game against Rangers at Tannadice abandoned at half time due to the weather and tried to charge the full amount for the rearranged fixture.
Overspending Specky Thompson eventually got shamed into making it half price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg&key=dae5f854af585554f38e3ec8751cd56d6daf044ebdb21c5a010446564f3022dd


Who the hell do you think you’re playing? You’ve referenced St Mirren twice now in this thread alone.

Never a good look when you make a complete arse of things, but please feel free to try and make it a hattrick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun fact for the day, I've only ever met 2 Dundee United fans above average height. 
I've yet to meet one who is above average intelligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Widge said:

 


Who the hell do you think you’re playing? You’ve referenced St Mirren twice now in this thread alone.

Never a good look when you make a complete arse of things, but please feel free to try and make it a hattrick.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRokr7hLwUM0i_4F1BQyIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Widge said:

Jesus Christ this threads an absolute shitshow already.

Either way, we charge what we charge for PPV so not to make a season ticket worse value for those who support the club every year by buying one. Saints explained this and to me it’s fair and reasonable. Plus so many fans are getting worked up about the costs of streams and forgetting that it’s not just a ticket price they’re saving on, it’s food, travel, parking, drinks, etc. I’ve bought every other teams stream this year so far and it’s probably been 50% if Olmert less of the actual cost I’d usually spend and I don’t even get to all the away games.

As for the football, if we play the same way as we did against Hamilton I’m confident we’ll score goals. Hopefully United stick Shankland up top on his own and our three centrebacks can deal with him, best way to get at us is to have a go and play 2 up top so we don’t always have a spare man to bring the ball out of defence.

Absolute mess of a thread. As recently evidenced by someone posting a picture of St Mirren's ground. Let's have some dignity. 

Anyway, if Utd go 4 at the back they will get ragdolled for 4 at least by the Stevie-Spoony juggernaut. But that would mean Shankland and McNulty as a front 2, so you'd expect our easy-on-the-eye-seem-to-do-all-the-right-things-but-still-leak-goals defence to ship/gift 2 or more.  Zander adds another one. Then there's this new Fuchs lad that's got the Arabs in a froth, based on what I don't know but if he's half the player they seem to think he is it sounds like he has goals in him. And we've got something similar in Melamed.

So it's all pointing to an absolute goalfest. 

0-0 (May hat-trick)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg

It sums St Johnstone up that they would allow Celtic to open a store at their ground.

Pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've yet to meet one who is above average intelligence.
Typical Perth Tory attitude towards Scotland's Yes City here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a fairly routine victory if we keep the same line-up as last week. In their excitement at being back amongst the big boys, Dundee United punched above their weight for a few weeks (most notably in their impressive 1-1 draw at home to ten-man St. Johnstone).

Stevie May hat-trick and a late debut goal for substitute Guy Melamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


In 2012 you had a game against Rangers at Tannadice abandoned at half time due to the weather and tried to charge the full amount for the rearranged fixture.
Overspending Specky Thompson eventually got shamed into making it half price.
So both sets of fans paid for one and a half games and got to watch.....one and a half games. Glad we got that sorted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It sums St Johnstone up that they would allow Celtic to open a store at their ground.

Pathetic.

Nearly the afore mentioned hatrick. PAP.  Anyway yous need a burger van next your dump coz your mouse pies are overpriced kak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nearly the afore mentioned hatrick. PAP.  Anyway yous need a burger van next your dump coz your mouse pies are overpriced kak.
Some vile insults being thrown around on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aladdin said:
24 minutes ago, Salguodinmethven. said:
Nearly the afore mentioned hatrick. PAP.  Anyway yous need a burger van next your dump coz your mouse pies are overpriced kak.

Some vile insults being thrown around on this thread.

Yes I know, should be saving them till Saturday at least. May the best team win and all that fellow taysiders.😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Sorry guys got yous mixed up with the proper saints

I take this is what passes as humour for Utd fans? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bose said:

I take this is what passes as humour for Utd fans? 

Dundee fans have always had shite patter tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admire the effort though. Assuming he didn’t genuinely mistake us for St. Mirren, he has been building up to that punchline for 24 hours. It didn’t achieve the reaction he was probably hoping for, but fair play to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...