St Johnstone v Dundee United 24/10\20

That was fucking brutally, eye bleedingly bad from United.

I get that it is all about getting points but that was fucking pathetic.

To not register a shot at goal (never mind on target) in 80 I minutes is fucking woeful.

Happy enough with the point, but fucking hell, have a go at least.

Whenever our midfield pick up a loose ball their first though is always to go backwards..... Always.

4 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

Celtic, Brechin then Hamilton?

Settle down, he didn't have a great game in the final third but he got in some good positions.

Brechin is by some way the worst team we've faced in years. That's not the the yard stick. 

Making the right decisions around the box was the difference between winning today and that 0-0 result. 

Brechin is by some way the worst team we've faced in years. That's not the the yard stick. 
Making the right decisions around the box was the difference between winning today and that 0-0 result. 
Nobody said it was the yard stick. You said he never, even using caps to emphasise it, put two good performances together. I pointed out that literally his last three performances have been good.

2 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Another clean sheet?

TBF I'm always wrong, so all thats been proven is that proving me wrong is a stronger force than tempting fate.

Was absolutely screaming for Spoony to come off. Fans have seen that so, so often - when he's on a bad one he doesn't really turn it round. I was wanting the '10' to come up when Hendry came on. 

Scott Tanser seems to be having his best season for us, felt a bit sorry that he didn't get more of the ball, mostly those poor decisions from his team-mates. Happy with Bryson, good to have some depth in the centre of midfield. 

As others have said we've lost games like that at the start of the season (against better opposition to be fair) and it was squeaky bum when we started dropping back a bit in that last few minutes. But still, 2 points dropped IMO. 

If the plan from Utd is to shitfest their way to staying up, why have they invested so much in frontline players? Would not be happy being an owner and seeking Shankland treated like that, you can see the pound signs dropping off his value every minute he's on the park. 

Probably a sense of relief that we didn't get done over late on again but pleased enough with the general performance once more.

Agree with the comments about Danny McNamara's final ball. Think everyone was impressed by his energy and enthusiasm in early performances but he never seems to have anything at the end of it. Generally we were back to being a bit too slow to get the ball into the box at times. 

Doubt Zander Clark has ever had such a quiet afternoon. One (easy) cross to catch all day.

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The boys a fraud anyway, as he's shown in his spells in the top league. 

I know that you are dangling the hook Tam, but I think it’s fair to say that in order for any striker, prolific or not,  to score goals, he needs to have some semblance of service somewhere within 30 yards of the goal, and a midfield that has any other gear except reverse.

We need to get Shankland on the ball in the box, and if we do, he will score. We were totally overrun in midfield today, and well before half time, looked like a team just looking to escape Perth with a valuable point, which is a shame, as we have shown we can play some decent football at times this season., and i would have liked to have seen a bit of effort in attack, rather than the utterly toothless display we showed today.

Hoping our new Cameroonian Galactico can shake things up a bit, and get some creativity from midfield, as that was fucking dreadful to watch from an Arabian Perspective today.....

On 20/10/2020 at 17:33, The Marly said:

Hopefully continue our recent goalscoring form. Obviously this would be massively helped by Mark Connolly being in the United defence, so hopefully he's fit and available.

I'd start with the same 11 that started at the stadium of Musical Youth.

6-4 Saints

Nope.

On 21/10/2020 at 17:39, PauloPerth said:

Utd have managed a couple of good results for a recently promoted lower league side, only losing 1-0 to Peterhead, beating kelty 1-0 and holding Aberdeen to 0-0.  These gritty performances maybe suggest there will be no repeat of the 7 and 5 goal goal frenzies we've produced lately.

3-0 Saints.  Stevie May to ragdoll John Souttar whichever diddy they've currently got playing at the back for them.

Always enjoyed going to Saints v Utd games, generally really entertaining, lively matches, and its fixtures like this I really miss being able to go along to.

Nope.

On 22/10/2020 at 08:57, Dons_1988 said:

4-0 St Johnstone

Nope.

12 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Same team as last week. Melamed on for the last ten to bag his debut goal.

Nope.

2 hours ago, MacArab said:

That was fucking brutally, eye bleedingly bad from United.

I get that it is all about getting points but that was fucking pathetic.

To not register a shot at goal (never mind on target) in 80 I minutes is fucking woeful.

Happy enough with the point, but fucking hell, have a go at least.

Whenever our midfield pick up a loose ball their first though is always to go backwards..... Always.

Not defending the performance, but McNuy had a shot after two minutes, and another soon after.

Another week goes by and it's another job done by United. This time nullifying the berry pickers of p....Perthshire. yes. That's the one.

Maybe in coming weeks the master of plan of unleashing the Fuching over of the other teams in the premiership will work but there's a lot riding on it currently. Its a high risk tactic imo.