Elgin City v Brechin City

In spite of our good start and Brechin seemingly struggling, I am a bit worried about this. The 2-1 defeat at Glebe Park last September was probably the low point of the season. We beat them 3-1 in December and then scored twice in the last 10 minutes in February to sneak a 2-1 win. I'd like to see McEwan back in the team somewhere but there aren't many obvious players to drop given our performances so far.

Tough place to go BB for Brechin especially in light of the recent heavy defeats. Brechin need to try and keep it tight at the back clearly and stop the bleed but I just can't see past Kane causing problems and getting at least a brace. 

Two teams I have a soft spot for but feel Elgin will come out strong winners.

In spite of our good start and Brechin seemingly struggling, I am a bit worried about this. The 2-1 defeat at Glebe Park last September was probably the low point of the season. We beat them 3-1 in December and then scored twice in the last 10 minutes in February to sneak a 2-1 win. I'd like to see McEwan back in the team somewhere but there aren't many obvious players to drop given our performances so far.
I wouldn't worry too much but if you don't put at least 3 past us then yeah maybe you should worry. Cant see anything but a home win here

McEwan in for Mailer the only change. Big call but I think that midfield three of him, Soapy and Dingwall could be better for us than the Soapy, Reilly, Easton trio under Weir. Not as talented maybe but you know they're going to give it everything every week.

58 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

I'm only getting commentary with sound full up on laptop and on my TV. Anyone else having issues?

Pre-game I needed it up full but it's louder now. Pixellot is really annoying me at times, early on particularly it seemed incapable of filming the leisure centre end properly so at least our attacks should be shown more clearly in the second half.

I thought we really got on top for about 10-15 minutes after the goal but otherwise it's been fairly even. The pitch looks sodden in places which doesn't make things easy. McDonald is so composed on the ball yet most of his time in possession has ended with him lumping a long diagonal to no one or putting another defender under pressure with a casual pass. Some decent performances, Soapy and O'Keefe I think have been good, but we need to step it up second half.

8 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

A bit miffed with commentary running a couple of seconds ahead of play, but as previously said, it's not Sky Sports.  Thankfully 2nd goal has come.

That's been a constant problem with pixellot apparently. One issue is that it doesn't appear to affect everyone (I've not had any problems with the two games I've watched but others have).

I have not seen such a poor team as Brechin in this league for a number of years and I fear for them. Elgin never got out of second gear and the final pass was poor on many occasions. The pitch contributed to many poor passes and I only hope it can be rolled before the next home game. The streaming was good and the commentator did well. Away to Edinburgh next week will be a better test to judge us but we may play better on a synthetic surface

Better second half, the last 20 were like a training game and we could've scored a lot more. I thought Soapy and O'Keefe were superb with Dingwall, Cooper and Hester having really good second halves. 4 wins, 11 goals scored and 1 conceded against 3 teams from our own league and 1 from the league above. Can't ask for a much better start than that.

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

100% improvement from those BBC clowns at the smokies game last night.  Billy Dodds is a condescending b*****d. 

Pre-game the mic kept cutting out so nearly every 2nd word was missed.

Really good win. Thought we were a bit sloppy first half with alarming holes in midfield. Second half I thought we were a lot more solid which I think coincided with Soapy dropping deeper, I thought he was outstanding second half. Once we got to grips with the game there was only one winner. Good to get another clean sheet. Pitch and weather didn’t help. Long season ahead for Brechin I fear, had some bright moments going forward but defending, dear oh dear. Talented young players are all well and good but as I’ve seen at Elgin many times before, it’s a big step up from 19s to even second division football and think Brechin are maybe expecting a bit much from them. Hope Brechin survive and still think a COVID infected season might be your saviour.

Good win for Elgin [emoji460]️ on a extra heavy pitch , Brechin did well 1 at half , the 2nd & 3rd goals were sloppy from Brechin point of view . But Iv seen us lose goals like that for season after season . Nice professional job from the black n whites . [emoji460]️ bring on Edinburgh. Just wish I could be there [emoji40]