Career change.

MONKMAN

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Through my old job I’d been renovating places and mucking in to paint them for many years. Got to the stage last year where some months I’d have four places lined up all needing prepared to go on market and I figured if I binned the day job I could still make a decent living. Only do what I’m good at and insured for (painting, silicone, a bit of interior design) and pass on fancy wallpaper or mucky plastering jobs to others. Stuff where I can flounce in and make a shabby place look lovely with an eye for the right colour and a shopping trip to Dunelm or IKEA is my speciality. 

Plan of doing a city and guilds when it’s all running again. 

Did this one over Christmas. Hadn’t been touched for 15+ years and had suffered a few leaks too. Owner down south so left it all to me. Painted it all. Got a new sofa cover and pics etc from IKEA, sorted out a cleaner and it’s about to go up for sale. His estate agent was chuffed and said it was ready to go “as is” so that’s the sort of thing that suits my skill set. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1eb46637401639eb3eaddfbc23d46829.jpeg

I’ve just built an IKEA wardrobe and have done full set kitchen units so you could sub contract the build to me!