Dumbarton vs Clyde

Three points is three points, but that second half performance was very poor from us in a creative sense, and WTF did Rico have to drink at half-time ?  Still, we are very much a work in progress and that's Wilson now had three different strike partners in as many games.  Frizzell tired - to be expected - but he definitely brings quality to proceedings.

Seven points from three games with no goals conceded, well done Sons on a good start.

5 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

The commentary was fucking awful as well. We are fucking crap and look like a league 2 outfit.

The commentary was decent I thought. Streets ahead of Falkirk’s. Assuming it’s just a Dumbarton fan who has volunteered, I can understand his anxiety at times when we had so much possession in the 2nd half but I reckon most Clyde fans would’ve been comfortable putting the mortgage on us not scoring tonight. Absolutely dismal stuff. 

Absolutely baffling performance for me. Last season we finally twigged it against Dumbarton, having Goodwillie pinning the two lumbering centre halves, Cunningham/Love playing inside their full-backs and getting Lamont/McStay bursting through from deep. No idea why we decided to play wingers with the aim of slinging in crosses for Goodwillie on his own. That was never going to work. It's not worked since Lennon came in.

Obviously losing Cunningham was a blow but it's taken a couple of games for teams to twig that Cuddihy isn't able to get out of being pressed. A lot of pressure on Palmer's shoulders as without having that sort of player deep, we are clueless. Simply don't have an out ball if we can't play from the back.

Love should only start against Falkirk, Thistle, possibly Airdrie. Can't beat a player, too slow to move the ball. Awful against these sort of sides. Similarly, I think Dumbarton is about the only team Johnston should start against.

Henderson needs to be taught to go inside occasionally. Him and Jack look like players who need to be learning the game elsewhere.

Mitchell made a couple of superb saves. Syvertsen had more efforts on goal than the rest of the team, in half the time. The rest were embarrassing.

Just now, David W said:

Absolutely baffling performance for me. Last season we finally twigged it against Dumbarton, having Goodwillie pinning the two lumbering centre halves, Cunningham/Love playing inside their full-backs and getting Lamont/McStay bursting through from deep. No idea why we decided to play wingers with the aim of slinging in crosses for Goodwillie on his own. That was never going to work. It's not worked since Lennon came in.

I was also astounded that one of Clyde’s main tactics tonight was to have Mitchell punt every free kick in their half up the park. We probably have the two biggest gang members at centre half in the entire league who eat up those kind of balls all day long. 

Agree - Jones offers very little and for a big bloke, he can't seem to win a header!

Thank christ for that. 
As expected Clyde were far better in the second half and the Norweigan lad’s introduction really made a difference. Thankfully we managed to hang on.
I hate to be negative after such an important win but big Jones was fucking hopeless when he came on and I though Dabrowski was dodgy as hell, he was spilling everything and there was a couple of times I expected him to blooter the ball and he hesitated.
A very welcome 3 points  and another clean sheet which maintains a fantastic start to the season. 

29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I should’ve had added in my last post a massive GIRUY to all those little bitch Clyde fans who acted like fucking weapons after the original fixture was called off. I’m delighted the winning goal was scored by a guy who wasn’t even signed for that game.

That is probably deserved to be fair. 

So in summary... Clyde are in fact a diddy team, despite all the shite they spouted last week. Looked toothless to me.

We have work to do, but if you defend well and don't concede too many goals then you will always have a chance in games! Another very good goal tonight as well.

Agree, not convinced with the 'keeper despite everyone thinking he is the best we have had since Alan Martin. But he is the best option we have.

As I already said, work to be done but we are making progress and the squad seems somewhat better balanced than a couple of weeks ago. Would be handy to get the injured guys fit again though!

Solid performance but we are missing strength in depth.Sorely need Denny and PJ back as big Rob cannae play upfront himself.Wee matt did ok and got stuck in when he came on but we will need to freshen up  for this Saturday where right now i would bite your hand off for a point.

17 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

5681EEF3-03AC-4442-80C4-738ED706162B.jpeg

"We were winning that game. Infact we did win it. And then Dumbarton got a goal from a player who was signed after the game was scheduled. They  stole those points. They disenfranchised every Clyde fan. We're going to the supreme court".