Dumbarton vs Clyde

10 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

The criticism of McCluskey is way over the top and a bit weird. He was a decent player in League Two for us who left to sign for Morton after a good half season. Painting him as anything more than that is clutching at straws.

He was shite and stood out as he did because he was in one of the worst Clyde teams in history. A skid mark amongst a team of steaming jobbies.

18 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He was shite and stood out as he did because he was in one of the worst Clyde teams in history. A skid mark amongst a team of steaming jobbies.

An analogy that perfectly sums up that period in the club’s history

Anyone know if we've got a fit keeper for tomorrow?
Just so we know whether to leave the hoses on this evening or not.

Sounded like Dabrowski not playing was mainly precautionary so hopefully he’ll be fit. Based on the symptoms Smith described I find it hard to believe that he won’t be out for a couple of weeks at least. Wouldn’t be surprised to see an emergency loan deal.

1 minute ago, cameron2000 said:

Sounded like Dabrowski not playing was mainly precautionary so hopefully he’ll be fit. Based on the symptoms Smith described I find it hard to believe that he won’t be out for a couple of weeks at least. Wouldn’t be surprised to see an emergency loan deal.

Aye, I read Smith saying that Dabrowski rolled his ankle but still expected him to play, so hopefully it was just precautionary, but I do worry that Kev was out injured for much of last season. This was always going to be a risk when we signed up Smith as the back up keeper, Duffy clearly gone for the cheap option but could end up costing us more if Darbwoski gets seriously injured and Smiths legs don't hold up. Suppose the plus side is we can play a trialist for 3 games in this division. 

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone know if we've got a fit keeper for tomorrow?

Just so we know whether to leave the hoses on this evening or not.

Imo Hibs will decide whether or not Kevin plays, and I can't see big Wallace being fit given how much he was hobbing at the end of the game. I'd imagine we might be looking for an emergency loan.

Does anyone know if Shay is still at St Cadoc's btw? I noticed he hasn't been in their team lineups and they punted Johnny Millar a few weeks ago - who was the reason he was there. I wouldn't be against asking him back, even if it was just as cover with Kevin injury prone and Smith injured. Assuming he's still as sharp as he was at Beith I don't see him being a much worse option than Smith.

I clocked Beany joined Cowdenbeath on loan too with Pollok withdrawing from the WoSFL. Pollok keeper Jordan Longmuir has signed a new deal with them but won't be playing obviously, and I've always liked the look of him. BallochSonsFan will know if I've just caught him on a good day, but a wee loan deal for someone from a withdrawn WoSFL side could be an option too.

Imo Hibs will decide whether or not Kevin plays, and I can't see big Wallace being fit given how much he was hobbing at the end of the game. I'd imagine we might be looking for an emergency loan.
Does anyone know if Shay is still at St Cadoc's btw? I noticed he hasn't been in their team lineups and they punted Johnny Millar a few weeks ago - who was the reason he was there. I wouldn't be against asking him back, even if it was just as cover with Kevin injury prone and Smith injured. Assuming he's still as sharp as he was at Beith I don't see him being a much worse option than Smith.
I clocked Beany joined Cowdenbeath on loan too with Pollok withdrawing from the WoSFL. Pollok keeper Jordan Longmuir has signed a new deal with them but won't be playing obviously, and I've always liked the look of him. BallochSonsFan will know if I've just caught him on a good day, but a wee loan deal for someone from a withdrawn WoSFL side could be an option too.

Certainly big shay doing a lot of jogging these days, just a naturally fit big lad, I’d have no issues with him returning between the sticks

Dabrowski is fit. Panic over.

Denny, PJ and Morrison all out. A bit worrying that Denny is struggling already, really could've done with him getting the early games under his belt. I'd be surprised if there's any changes from the Airdrie game other than Dabrowski in between the sticks.

Edited by The Moonster