Dumbarton vs Clyde

They’ll be flying back out when the Clyde fans hear that Dumbarton’s game against Airdrie tomorrow has been moved from Dumbarton to Airdrie because rain is forecast tonight

What a farce, should get our game on Tuesday night switched to Broadwood so we can get it played too. Diddies.

I have some sympathy for Dumbarton as they will be like just about every other club in Scotland financially (ie. skint), made so much worse by the current circumstances. Therefore, I can understand why they’ve perhaps not invested what may be required on the pitch. However, it’s a sad state of affairs when the first two home games of the season can’t be fulfilled. I suspect if Tuesday’s game is postponed, the SPFL may make things a bit uncomfortable for Dumbarton. Hope the recent work done is a success and sorts the problem for the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, sydney said:

I have some sympathy for Dumbarton as they will be like just about every other club in Scotland financially (ie. skint), made so much worse by the current circumstances. Therefore, I can understand why they’ve perhaps not invested what may be required on the pitch. However, it’s a sad state of affairs when the first two home games of the season can’t be fulfilled. I suspect if Tuesday’s game is postponed, the SPFL may make things a bit uncomfortable for Dumbarton. Hope the recent work done is a success and sorts the problem for the rest of the season. 

Why would the SPFL make things "uncomfortable for Dumbarton"? 

8 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Why would the SPFL make things "uncomfortable for Dumbarton"? 

Because the league membership rules specifically require each club to have sufficient pitch drainage to ensure the pitch doesn’t become unplayable.