Dumbarton vs Clyde

The arguments are achieving nothing. Buster decided not to continue and stood down. New ground staff were appointed. The new guy and any help he has will do the job to the best of their abilities. If games are off over the course of the season then they're off. I'm sure we'd all love the money to lift the pitch, look at the drainage and re-lay it. Unfortunately thats not an option. If the club havent been able to put as much money into pitch maintenance so far this year then again it'll be a balancing act against other priorities.

Time to move on. New guy has the job and will get on with things as best as they can.

Wait a minute, I am now a guy on the street walking his dog, I do live 500 yds away from the ground. But because I'm an ex part time employee I can't post. Sorry but get real.

What did you hope to achieve by coming on and saying there was no ground staff at half 10?
What did you think was going to happen with Clyde fans when you're giving it that patter?
I've already spoke to him a few times and he's said you've been down and I've no doubt you've been helping him out but at the same time you've tried to chuck him right under the bus today.

8 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Wait a minute, I am now a guy on the street walking his dog, I do live 500 yds away from the ground. But because I'm an ex part time employee I can't post. Sorry but get real.

Just as I thought couldn't answer the question.

You knew what you were doing today.

Shocked at the state of this. With temperatures in the high 20C and kangaroos searching for sustenance at the parched waterhole it beats me why this match was called off for a waterlogged pitch.

We are talking about Dumbarton, Western Australia, right? Maybe certain Clyde fans could just stay down under. Do us all a favour.

Edited by cremola foam

That's been a bit of a minter from us today tbh. You'd think nowhere else had a bit of heavy rain during the night.

The heavy rain had stopped before 9am, I was on the A82 to Clydebank & there was the usual flooding at Dumbuck, an hour later coming back home the flooding had almost gone.

That's 5 hours before our kick off & it turned into a decent sunny, windy afternoon for some baw.

I am well aware we are cash strapped but if we can't maintain one of our main assets - the pitch- it doesn't bode well. 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Where have Clyde fans got this "Dumbarton have players out" nonsense from? Stef McCluskey is the only one injured.

Anyone who thinks this was deliberate could probably have helped get todays game on, the puddle drinking fuds.

That would be all the more reason to have the game on for me!

Just as I thought couldn't answer the question.
You knew what you were doing today.
I don't get you. I don't give a shit about Clyde supporters, the question was asked early doors about whether the game was in danger. I was out with my dog and as I always do I have a wee look in to see how it looks. Sorry for being a concerned ex employee. I put my heart and soul into that pitch over the last 7 years on and off. If I was a disgruntled employee I could fill sons sorrow with a hell of a lot of shit that supporters don't know about. So don't start slagging me pal.

Will the refunds be processed automatically or do you need to apply? Have no interest in applying for a refund, times are tough just now and clubs need to help each other. If it's an automatic refund can someone direct me to a local food bank page in Dumbarton and I'll get the money to them? 
Cheers. 

I’d think the easier option for all would be to allow it to carry over to the rearranges game assuming that’s not too far away, all things crossed. Your attitude is spot on though and exactly the way we should all be thinking in the current challenging times for, in and out of football.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The arguments are achieving nothing. Buster decided not to continue and stood down. New ground staff were appointed. The new guy and any help he has will do the job to the best of their abilities. If games are off over the course of the season then they're off. I'm sure we'd all love the money to lift the pitch, look at the drainage and re-lay it. Unfortunately thats not an option. If the club havent been able to put as much money into pitch maintenance so far this year then again it'll be a balancing act against other priorities.

Time to move on. New guy has the job and will get on with things as best as they can.

I agree with this.

It would be particularly helpful if each time we have a postponement the ex-groundsman could avoid rushing in here to shriek and bellow about how and what he would have done to get the game on. 

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

We had monsoon like conditions this morning on top of the pish weather the past few days in particular, so it's not  a great shock that a grass park in our league suffered as a result. It's not like our teams are playing on world cup standard parks here.

I'm sure the groundsmen at Dumbarton made every effort to get the game on. It doesnt make sense in any way for them (and Dumbarton FC) not to try and make sure the game is on.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I think if you look back to this mornings posts I only posted to say that I was down with the dog and saw the puddles and nobody was there. If BBPF had posted that nothing would have been said. Comments after that were just me talking from experience but obviously the truth doesn't fit on here for a selected few, who seemed to be attached to the club. It's fine I'll refraine from commenting in future.

I agree with this.

It would be particularly helpful if each time we have a postponement the ex-groundsman could avoid rushing in here to shriek and bellow about how and what he would have done to get the game on. 

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ah, our lovely Larbert plasticiney 'soil'. 

Where I am it's sand based, used to be able to empty my hot tub onto the lawn and the grass was dry again within the hour. Pain in the arse during the summer trying to manage the lawn though, few days of dry weather and the sprinklers need to come out. 

4 hours ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

For Dumbarton.....read Dungbarton.

A belter .......how long did it take you to think that one up.

I've got one to describe certain fans of your club. Its got 5 letters beginning with C funnily enough but ending in s.

Can you think what it is?

21 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

A belter .......how long did it take you to think that one up.

I've got one to describe certain fans of your club. Its got 5 letters beginning with C funnily enough but ending in s.

Can you think what it is?

Class 😂😂😂

Managed to stay away from this shite all day, but couldn’t resist this 😂😂

Edited by shawfielder