Dumbarton vs Clyde

Can you please elaborate your last season comment. I look forward to your educated reply and will answer with 100% honesty as I don't give a toss.

Defensive comments reflect what Dumbarton fans recognise. This was a poor effort and it happened last  season as well IIRC when there was a suggestion of 'injured' players being a part of the reason.

Whatever, it is a poor show, and if that pitch is going to be like that ( twice a season as per above), then maybe they should investigate 4g.
6 months waiting for football and now this amateurism...

Is that what you think I am. Try talking to your new groundsman and ask how many times I've been down to give him advice and I gave him my phone number and told him to call me if he had a problem. You can ask Antonia if that is fact as I told her. Get your facts right before slagging me on social media pal.

I tested the stream this morning and I can assure you the pitch was getting worked on.
Clyde fans are taking the opinion of what appears to be a disgruntled ex employee who is keen to throw the new guy and the club under the bus. That's all it is.
And I'm not deflecting from anything. I only asked what giving a beast hero status at a club says about it.

Can you please elaborate your last season comment. I look forward to your educated reply and will answer with 100% honesty as I don't give a toss.

I assume he is referring to our match in January this year at your place that was also postponed due to a water logged pitch.

I spoke to Pat Mckinlay at 10.10am after walking round with the dog. All shutters were still down and nobody was present. Don't really want to go down this road but I would have been there at first light with Ally and it would have been cleared before the shutters came up. When you are getting accused of being a disgruntled employee the gloves are off.

If you were watching the stream at 10:30 this morning then fair enough but maybe you should mention that in your post before getting cheeky.

If my memory is correct that's the one that was a total disgrace. I walked backed down the Castle Road at 3pm going to the Rock BC and took a detour into the ground and Jim had them training at the side of the pitch, I walked over it and then just held my hands up to him and said wtf. His reply was I know but he had to make a decision. Pitch was 100% playable.

I assume he is referring to our match in January this year at your place that was also postponed due to a water logged pitch.

18 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

If my memory is correct that's the one that was a total disgrace. I walked backed down the Castle Road at 3pm going to the Rock BC and took a detour into the ground and Jim had them training at the side of the pitch, I walked over it and then just held my hands up to him and said wtf. His reply was I know but he had to make a decision. Pitch was 100% playable.

That was what I was referring to.  You clearly have a better perspective on this element of your club's operations, so I will take your view as the most appropriate.

Dumbarton shat it from the mighty Clyde in January as well then.

32 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

And what if she did?

It's a pretty cutting insult either way. Deal with it, shafter.

Correct, it is, im sure I speak for all dumbarton fans in saying we are all mightily offended. Tell your mum thanks, sons crying now.........

Mind u, not as much as the clyde fans today by the looks of things

Canny believe this is still rumbling on. Game was postponed, like loads every season. Think we need to cut lower league teams like Dumbarton, Clyde, Forfar and the likes a bit of slack. None of us have available resource to protect playing surfaces or deal with problems when they occur (I know we have a 4G pitch but I’m making a general point). I’m sure Dumbarton rely on volunteers to do work at the club (like we do), so it’s a difficult situation. The photos of the pitch posted before kick off did show areas of standing water so there was clearly a problem. With decent drainage, it shouldn’t be a problem. However, I’m sure Dumbarton don’t have money to improve the drainage. Many clubs, including our own, will be lucky to see next season the way things are going. 

Will the refunds be processed automatically or do you need to apply? Have no interest in applying for a refund, times are tough just now and clubs need to help each other. If it's an automatic refund can someone direct me to a local food bank page in Dumbarton and I'll get the money to them? 

Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, maccanee said:

Will the refunds be processed automatically or do you need to apply? Have no interest in applying for a refund, times are tough just now and clubs need to help each other. If it's an automatic refund can someone direct me to a local food bank page in Dumbarton and I'll get the money to them? 

Cheers. 

It will be automatic I’d assume. 

Here’s a local food bank charity if you are interested in donating https://www.facebook.com/foodforthoughtdumbarton/ 

Fair play to you.

1 hour ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I spoke to Pat Mckinlay at 10.10am after walking round with the dog. All shutters were still down and nobody was present. Don't really want to go down this road but I would have been there at first light with Ally and it would have been cleared before the shutters came up. When you are getting accused of being a disgruntled employee the gloves are off.

What did you hope to achieve by coming on and saying there was no ground staff at half 10?

What did you think was going to happen with Clyde fans when you're giving it that patter?

I've already spoke to him a few times and he's said you've been down and I've no doubt you've been helping him out but at the same time you've tried to chuck him right under the bus today.

Edited by sarti pooh