Dumbarton vs Clyde

5 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

I think we can accept that this wasn't a "tactical" postponement - but by the words of one of your own, it looks like it's off due to ineptitude on the part of Dumbarton FC.

I'm not a groundsman so I have no idea. 

I wonder if there's any chance of this being rearranged for Tuesday by the way? It would be quick, but I'd imagine both clubs are keen to play it.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Driving up from Glasgow for the game there was no chance this was going ahead. 

The council were still out pumping the flooded roads at midday.

Rain was utter awful all night and was still going about 9am.

Aye it's baws but zero complaints with it being off. Part-time team with one groundsman drafting in pals to try get it going was never going to cut it.

The way Clyde fans are acting you'd think we were playing a beast up front or something.

Driving up from Glasgow for the game there was no chance this was going ahead. 
The council were still out pumping the flooded roads at midday.
Rain was utter awful all night and was still going about 9am.
Aye it's baws but zero complaints with it being off. Part-time team with one groundsman drafting in pals to try get it going was never going to cut it.
The way Clyde fans are acting you'd think we were playing a beast up front or something.

Every other team has managed to get their game on, if you haven’t got the proper staff with the proper experience to get the match on, it reflects poorly on your diddy outfit.

14 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Every other team has managed to get their game on, if you haven’t got the proper staff with the proper experience to get the match on, it reflects poorly on your diddy outfit.

Aye  youre right but Clyde are a MASSIVE club whose games never get called off.Its a real wonder you are not in the Premier league.Can't believe we are in the same league as such a huge club.

Defensive comments reflect what Dumbarton fans recognise. This was a poor effort and it happened last  season as well IIRC when there was a suggestion of 'injured' players being a part of the reason.

Whatever, it is a poor show, and if that pitch is going to be like that ( twice a season as per above), then maybe they should investigate 4g.

6 months waiting for football and now this amateurism...

8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Defensive comments reflect what Dumbarton fans recognise. This was a poor effort and it happened last  season as well IIRC when there was a suggestion of 'injured' players being a part of the reason.

Whatever, it is a poor show, and if that pitch is going to be like that ( twice a season as per above), then maybe they should investigate 4g.

Are you a qualified groundsman?Do you live in the area?Have you any idea how torrential the rain was?Airdrie once had a game called off in May for the same reason.So are they a diddy amateur club too?I think youre letting your frustration get the better off you.Dont worry your promotion push to a TOP 6 PL place will continue next week at the very professional Broadwood stadion .

Edited by lorenzo71

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Maybe the Clyde fans could use their refunds to pay for some sudocreme to soothe their sore fannys. 

Its their egos that are inflamed mate.Clearly we are trying to hijack their inevitable push into the higher echelons of the game.

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I tested the stream this morning and I can assure you the pitch was getting worked on.

Clyde fans are taking the opinion of what appears to be a disgruntled ex employee who is keen to throw the new guy and the club under the bus. That's all it is.

And I'm not deflecting from anything. I only asked what giving a beast hero status at a club says about it.

I tested the stream this morning and I can assure you the pitch was getting worked on.
Clyde fans are taking the opinion of what appears to be a disgruntled ex employee who is keen to throw the new guy and the club under the bus. That's all it is.
And I'm not deflecting from anything. I only asked what giving a beast hero status at a club says about it.

FWIW I really don't think buster is trying to throw anybody under the bus. He said there was nobody working on the park at 10:30 which was probably true.

Just now, David W said:

Dumbarton have an absolute cheek having a stadium so close to the river that was named after us anyway. They should bugger off to Balloch.

And follow the lead of Franchise FC leaving your proper home area?

Thanks, but we'll leave moving to the outskirts of a shitehole new town to you guys.