Dumbarton vs Clyde

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Very disappointing. The pitch must be badly waterlogged given there isn’t much rain due. 

The only call off in the SPFL by the looks of things...

I would hazard a guess at 2 hours forking with 2 guys doing it first thing this morning, there wouldn't have been a pitch inspection. IMHO.

Edited by Dumbarton Rock

3 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

I would hazard a guess at 2 hours forking with 2 guys doing it first thing this morning, there wouldn't have been a pitch inspection. IMHO.

So obvious that you have a better than most perspective on this , don’t agree there was a ploy to get game off but from your comments a genuine incompetence in getting the game on ?

It is what it is, but with the weather forecast predicting very heavy overnight rain I would have thought that the club would have anticipated issues and had the groundsman in attendance this morning to at least assess the situation. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't.
If there is a more general issue with the drainage of the pitch then that will cause problems.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Clyde fans on here and Twitter appear to think we have some sort of injury crisis and want the game called off.

We have 1 player injured. 

My tweet is tongue in cheek. Don't for a minute suspect any foul play.

Edited by C. Muir

That’s a joke. If this is a sign of things to come, Dumbarton will struggle to play any home games. It does rain in Scotland, quite a lot. Not as if we’ve had a week of rain FFS. 
I assume the £12 will be automatically refunded. Will keep my eye on the website. 

I don’t think for one second Dumbarton wanted the game off for injury reasons or whatever.

What I do believe - and is becoming pretty clear - is that their quagmire of a playing surface which deteriorates at the mere hint of rain might present a bit of an issue in the Scottish winter.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It is what it is, but with the weather forecast predicting very heavy overnight rain I would have thought that the club would have anticipated issues and had the groundsman in attendance this morning to at least assess the situation. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't.
If there is a more general issue with the drainage of the pitch then that will cause problems.

I would have had it vertidrained the Sunday after the Dunfermline game and the pitch would been left open until now. 100% there wouldn't have been a drop of water on it this morning.

1 minute ago, Ignoramus said:

I don’t think for one second Dumbarton wanted the game off for injury reasons or whatever.

What I do believe - and is becoming pretty clear - is that their quagmire of a playing surface which deteriorates at the mere hint of rain might present a bit of an issue in the Scottish winter.

How many postponments have we had over the last few seasons that leads you to such a conclusion? 

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Stick to your day job m8.