Dumbarton vs Clyde

46 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

10.30am, puddles all over it and nobody in. The fact it's windy and dry now might save it. Maybe that's why I always vertidrained it in October. emoji2369.png

I’m no expert but surely to god we’d have someone working on the pitch prior to a lunchtime inspection? 

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m no expert but surely to god we’d have someone working on the pitch prior to a lunchtime inspection? 

Stadium was shut and no sign of the groundsman, I'd say he would have to line it again as well as they looked washed out. I was walking the dog then, I would think he would be there working on it by now.

Considering there are no fans to worry about, Clyde being reletively local to Dumbarton a 1215 inspection is ridiculous, could've been easily a 2pm inspection. 

Interesting to hear of no groundsman being there this morning however, tactical considering Dumbartons threadbare squad? 

2 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Considering there are no fans to worry about, Clyde being reletively local to Dumbarton a 1215 inspection is ridiculous, could've been easily a 2pm inspection. 

Interesting to hear of no groundsman being there this morning however, tactical considering Dumbartons threadbare squad? 

Bollocks, nothing to do with Dumbarton tactics.

We don't have a threadbare squad.

It's just a shite squad. Unless we can postpone the full season?

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

We don't have a threadbare squad.

It's just a shite squad. Unless we can postpone the full season?

I mind last year you guys had a right shite squad at the start then went on to have a decent season. Duffy was like that with us as well, signed players very late and the first quarter is like a preseason. 

7 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Aye, I’ll be disappointed if it isn’t given more a chance due to the lack of travelling fans and the favourable forecast between now and 5pm. 

Our need for cash from the stream far outweighs any tactical reasons for wanting it called off. Not a chance we’re deliberately wanting it postponed.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, I’ll be disappointed if it isn’t given more a chance due to the lack of travelling fans and the favourable forecast between now and 5pm. 

Our need for cash from the stream far outweighs any tactical reasons for wanting it called off. Not a chance we’re deliberately wanting it postponed.

Aye that's fair enough man

Just now, Dumbarton Rock said:

They normally use a local ref for the inspections and these refs have games of their own to go to. You will probably find it's written down somewhere when the latest time you can have an inspection is and they will holding the club to it.

Possibly. I remember years ago there was inspections at 1 and 2 but maybe things were changed after the outrage of supporters busses heading to Ross Country for example to find at passing aviemore the game was off.