Partick Thistle vs Airdrieonians

7 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Let’s call this what it was.. a stonewall penalty. And since Thistle scored thirty seconds after this incident it was a major moment in the game. Yes, 90% of viewers thought it was a penalty in real time and this backs it up. And right in front of the ref... no thistle players disputing the Airdrie claims. Poor refereeing and the final result would definitely have been different. But these breaks happen throughout the season and there’s a long way to go.

Don’t think so, I’ve heard loads of people say they thought it wasn’t a penalty. I thought it definitely was, until I seen the theatrics in the replay. I’ll say again, never hold your opinion of a decision like that to a still picture. I’m not saying you’d change your mind if you seen it again, probably wouldn’t, you seem pretty convinced unsurprisingly, but if your opinion is solely based on that picture, then it probably shouldn’t be.

Edited by JagsCG

The Airdrie photographer has a go pro behind the goal and the footage from that is a very good view for anyone wishing to cause themselves greater agony (on his personal Facebook and can’t be shared).

Gallagher does really well to back heel the ball with his foot furthest away from goal into his path, Thistle defender has slid in (as shown in the still image) and Gallagher goes down trying to get to the ball.

Thistle very lucky given how penalties are fished out these days, I can be persuaded either way on it. Doesn’t matter now, it’s too late but was a massive moment in the game as we were really struggling at that point and Carrick is very good from the spot.

Brian Graham’s (clear MOTM in my view), attempt to catch the ball hoping the ref would give a soft foul and then feigning of a head injury as Robert was in a very dangerous position angered me far more ironically!!

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Brian Graham’s (clear MOTM in my view), attempt to catch the ball hoping the ref would give a soft foul and then feigning of a head injury as Robert was in a very dangerous position angered me far more ironically!!

Forgot all about that actually, Brian’s one of those old-school strikers that seem to have a knack of winning fouls to help his team out, in fairness, if he played for anyone other than us, I probably wouldn’t like him.