Partick Thistle vs Airdrieonians

7 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Agree. Coverage was good, compliments to Thistle. Slightly biased commentary but to be expected. Big difference on pixellot

didnt click on it but I'm sure there was an option for Away Team coverage on the ppv, was assuming that would have a more Airdrie tinted commentary team?

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

didnt click on it but I'm sure there was an option for Away Team coverage on the ppv, was assuming that would have a more Airdrie tinted commentary team?

I’m not sure mate because I remember the St Mirren cup game stream had that option and it was the same commentary on both versions. Of course it could be different at different clubs but I’m not sure that the commentary would’ve change. It may have possibly had no commentary though? 

9 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I’m not sure mate because I remember the St Mirren cup game stream had that option and it was the same commentary on both versions. Of course it could be different at different clubs but I’m not sure that the commentary would’ve change. It may have possibly had no commentary though? 

Ahhh I think im getting it now, cheers. It'll be an option provided by whatever the 3rd party is that's doing the streaming but the commentary wont necessarily be any different. I just assumed they maybe had the same video feed but a volunteer/whoever does Airdrie's coverage providing the audio for it on the away version.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

For Thistle’s first goal, could there have been an offside on the next phase (the cross)?

Couldn’t tell from the stream, but I thought the cross looked forwards and in the still image the CF looks ahead of everyone.

Doesn’t matter goal given and I thought Thistle were good from 1 down until 2-1 then could invite the pressure. Airdrie not able to create a coal, nor even with the CH over head kicking it

18 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

For Thistle’s first goal, could there have been an offside on the next phase (the cross)?

Couldn’t tell from the stream, but I thought the cross looked forwards and in the still image the CF looks ahead of everyone.

Doesn’t matter goal given and I thought Thistle were good from 1 down until 2-1 then could invite the pressure. Airdrie not able to create a coal, nor even with the CH over head kicking it

Gordon2.thumb.jpg.da35a2627a334dc4ef90f8e641160409.jpg

8 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Embarrassing that is being discussed as contentious. 

Not really contentious, I was questioning a possible offside myself at the time.  Graham's times his run brilliantly to run onto Gordon's pass. When he gets it BBFG is clear of any Diamond defenders before finishing with aplomb.

The first goal is onside in the modern game as Graham is not active as Gordon goes through, and Thomson is clearly playing Gordon on. Graham is also behind Kerr as the pass is made- a well timed run does the job. What seems strange is that Sean Crighton was in the middle of the pitch as Thistle sprang the move, and Graham was left alone. Thistle scored when they had that good spell and all our huffing and puffing was feckless. 

I thought it was a penalty in real time, BUT never judge a decision via a still picture. 

Let’s call this what it was.. a stonewall penalty. And since Thistle scored thirty seconds after this incident it was a major moment in the game. Yes, 90% of viewers thought it was a penalty in real time and this backs it up. And right in front of the ref... no thistle players disputing the Airdrie claims. Poor refereeing and the final result would definitely have been different. But these breaks happen throughout the season and there’s a long way to go.

3 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Let’s call this what it was.. a stonewall penalty. And since Thistle scored thirty seconds after this incident it was a major moment in the game. Yes, 90% of viewers thought it was a penalty in real time and this backs it up. And right in front of the ref... no thistle players disputing the Airdrie claims. Poor refereeing and the final result would definitely have been different. But these breaks happen throughout the season and there’s a long way to go.

Interesting.

90% of viewers thought it was a penalty  Where did you get this figure from?

no thistle players disputing the Airdrie claims  How is a defending team supposed to dispute the non-awarding of a penalty? They played on. And scored.

7 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

^^^Facts you made up for this pish.