Partick Thistle vs Airdrieonians

They showed our goal back again on the highlights, didn't get a freeze frame but I think the Airdrie right back was playing everyone on, he was certainly behind the rest of the line.

We're really really bad. Airdrie are a nap to get another from a set piece, only good thing is that giant #8 is the one taking the long throws rather than being on the end of them. If Graham is out for any length of time we are boned.

There wasn’t much between the teams in the first half but Thistle were the better team in the second half and probably deserved the win based on that. I thought that was a penalty before Spittal’s goal but ultimately we never showed anywhere near enough on the ball or going forward outside of that. 

Murray’s substitutions didn’t help either. No complaints with playing the same starting 11 as last week but Kerr struggled in midfield today and while Sabatini wasn’t too involved he was still very composed on the ball when he had it, I’d have taken off Kerr or even McKay before Sabatini. Taking off our two proven scorers in Carrick and Gallagher when chasing a goal is bizarre too when Thomson and McKay were still on the pitch. 

We played well for about 10 minutes at the start of the second half, but other than that we weren't particularly good. Still, winning isn't something we do very often, so take it however it happens.

Gordon actually did ok today - he got involved in the game a bit, so that's a significant improvement on his usual output. 

Foster isn't very good. Shame that an absolute diddy like Williamson is our only other option. 

Only part of the game I thought we played well was from the start of the second half until we scored the 2nd. Lyons had one good run but apart from that looked as if he was playing on roller skates and didn't get his head up to put Bannigan through on one of the late counter attacks. Nota fan of Gordon but he came onto a game after the assist. Sena will get his chance at some stage when one or both of Bannigan and Docherty is suspended, he's not done much wrong in his appearances to date. Foster is gubbins, Amy McDonald will probably be blocking a few Thistle fans on twitter tonight.

I thought it was a penalty for Airdrie in real time just before our second goal but I think on replay the way he goes down might have swayed the ref. Defence was very panicky but did better than I thought they would from the long throws.

First league win since December last year, been a very long time coming.

also: binning Pixellot has been a good idea I think (no idea of the cost of  human operated cameras), stream quality was decent even casting it to my TV; think the audio was a bawhair ahead of where it should have been in the second half- can't really go Michael Max tbh but I think commentary of some sort does help even if he doesn't know our players never mind the oppositions (hint: Shea Gordon about 5'10 and ginger, Brian Graham 6'3 and dark haired)

Edited by Fuctifano

Was a tight game with not too many moments of quality. Spittal’s goal was a quality strike, could’ve been let off with a penalty just before that as well but I am yet to see it back. Graham’s goal looked tight to me but I am not complaining. Better second half than first half, Airdrie will understandably feel hard done by but for us that’s a crucial 3 points.

A possibly undeserved but very important victory.

Hard to tell without multiple camera angles, but I'd say our first goal looked offside. I'm not convinced it was a penalty to Airdrie before we broke up the pitch to score the second, though; clumsy play from Breen, certainly, but I don't think he actually fouled the Airdrie player. Great finish by Spittal, and ultimately job done.

I think the officials were under instructions to make sure you won today given the horrendous decision the SPFL made regarding your relegation.

Draw would have been a fairer result but encouraged by the way we stuck at it for the last 20 minutes against a latterly panicky Thistle defence

We’ll play much worse and win so heads up and on to the next challenge

13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

also: binning Pixellot has been a good idea I think (no idea of the cost of  human operated cameras), stream quality was decent even casting it to my TV; think the audio was a bawhair ahead of where it should have been in the second half- can't really go Michael Max tbh but I think commentary of some sort does help even if he doesn't know our players never mind the oppositions (hint: Shea Gordon about 5'10 and ginger, Brian Graham 6'3 and dark haired)

Agree with this, the new set up is a massive upgrade on Pixellot. My only complaint was they kept showing replays while there was still clearly something happening on the park, but other than that it was good.