Partick Thistle vs Airdrieonians

This should be fun...

Kouder-Aissa a doubt with a broken nose and Rudden permanently crocked. So options upfront look limited. At least Graham is back.  (Cheers Statto.)

We'll probably have some kind of 4-3-3 pass the ball about a lot up until the final third and lose a goal of two on the break.

It's good to be back...

Edited by jagfox BLM

Increased pressure on Thistle should play to our advantage, but there's always the possibility that they've now had their shock to the system and come out with a point to prove. 

Cannae wait for it and hope we maintain our defensive solidity; if we can avoid any sloppy mistakes, we ought to take this, maybe by a goal to nil. So no doubt we gift a goal opening 10 mins to give Thistle their confidence back...

nah, I'll stay confident. 0-1 Airdrie. Cue meltdown. 

Based on the events of the weekend, I’ll go 0-0, defensively we haven’t looked too bad, but couldn’t score or properly threaten Clyde. I’d love to be completely wrong of course! We need the win though, I really don’t care how we get it, a 5-4 match, a 1-0 90th minute deflection, don’t care, just need the points. 

2 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

This should be fun...

Graham suspended, Kouder-Aissa a doubt with a broken nose and Rudden permanently crocked. So options upfront look limited.

We'll probably have some kind of 4-3-3 pass the ball about a lot up until the final third and lose a goal of two on the break.

It's good to be back k...

No, he isn't suspended.

7 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Graham is a big diddy and i fully expect crichton to have him in his pocket.

2-0 airdrie and the section B to push a few disabled partick fans out their wheelchairs

Shite game and a 10 page debate about Airdries cardboard cut outs coming in 15 minutes after kick off giving Nazi salutes.

Play like we did on Saturday and Airdrie will win this comfortably. I’m hoping that it was a kick up the arse to team and we come out much better. Airdrie are a team I expect to be in the top three this season so I think it’ll be a tough game even if we are on top of our game. 

Does Ally Roy still play for Airdrie? Absolutely nailed on to score against us. 

Feel like we're just going through the leagues getting ridiculed these days, probably better off if this season gets cancelled and we can be fast tracked to league 2... save us some ridicule. 

1 minute ago, thistledo said:

Does Ally Roy still play for Airdrie? Absolutely nailed on to score against us. 

Feel like we're just going through the leagues getting ridiculed these days, probably better off if this season gets cancelled and we can be fast tracked to league 2... save us some ridicule. 

He does but unfortunately he’s out injured and won’t play on Saturday. He did really well in pre-season and I definitely would have fancied him for a goal if he was fit. 

I’m expecting another tight game on Saturday, much like pretty much all our games in this league. I think Thistle will have a lot more of the ball but that probably suits Airdrie, we’re at our best when we’re solid, hard to beat and using our wide players for counter attacks. 

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

He does but unfortunately he’s out injured and won’t play on Saturday. He did really well in pre-season and I definitely would have fancied him for a goal if he was fit. 

I’m expecting another tight game on Saturday, much like pretty much all our games in this league. I think Thistle will have a lot more of the ball but that probably suits Airdrie, we’re at our best when we’re solid, hard to beat and using our wide players for counter attacks. 

Usually once players leave Thistle they start to do well again. 

We could have as much of the ball as we like, we'll not do anything with it. 

In a way I'm glad I don't need to turn up to these games, was verging on alcoholism just to get through watching them last season. 

I don’t think Thistle are anything to fear this at the moment going by the highlights from their game at the weekend.

I would imagine our defence will be as good as anyone’s this season, so I can’t see us conceding too many goals.

Our problems (at least so far anyway) appear to be with breaking teams down. Probably as a consequence of going for a hardworking, physical midfield three of Kerr/ Sabatini/ McKay. I’d like to see us swap out McKay for either Stokes or Robert to see if this improves us.

I wouldn’t be disappointed with a draw, however I feel we need to take advantage of Thistle’s current form as they’ll no doubt pick up at some point.

Let’s go with:

Currie

MacDonald - Fordyce - Crighton - McCann

Kerr - Sabatini

O’Reilly - Robert - Carrick

Gallagher

1-0 Airdrie.

I have missed all the recent cup games against Thistle and horribly my recollection is that the last time I saw a game, we lost 0-7.  Losing to Clyde at Broadwood is not unknown to us , so I expect a very tight game in Maryhill. If Thistle are as bad as some reports suggest, I would think our defence are capable of getting us into the game . The real worry is that we don't look likely to score from open play so I will take another corner/free kick/penalty. I assume that it will be streamed and await the usual frustrations. 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The real worry is that we don't look likely to score from open play so I will take another corner/free kick/penalty.

We were very good at gifting opponents goals from corners last season, not sure how much that’s improved, if it hasn’t, you’re in luck! 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I assume that it will be streamed. 

Our stream was excellent against Queen’s Park in the cup, cause we scrapped the Pixellot system and used a different one, if it’s the same system, then stream should be pretty decent, not sure what price we’re charging yet (hasn’t been announced - was £10 for the cup game) 

12 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Based on the events of the weekend, I’ll go 0-0, defensively we haven’t looked too bad, but couldn’t score or properly threaten Clyde. I’d love to be completely wrong of course! We need the win though, I really don’t care how we get it, a 5-4 match, a 1-0 90th minute deflection, don’t care, just need the points. 

I recognise jitters when I see them lol