The Injured Men -vs- The Honest Men

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye so, what actually happened during the game? This camera talk is making me slip into a coma. 

What were the goals like for example? From a The Caley perspective, how was Kai Kennedy? 

I don't remember Kennedy touching the ball after he came on, tbh. I assume he did, but he went into the left of midfield, where we did nothing for the last 20 minutes of the game, and it was pretty hard to make out who was who on that ide of the pitch. The ICT goal was from a cross from the right by Lewis Hyde, almost at the goal line, which Todorov took from about 12 yards out and fired into the middle of the goal. saw nothing of the Ayr goal apart from Cameron firing it in from the right hand side of the box because the camera thought the linesman's head was the ball during the build up.  

11 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

I don't remember Kennedy touching the ball after he came on, tbh. I assume he did, but he went into the left of midfield, where we did nothing for the last 20 minutes of the game, and it was pretty hard to make out who was who on that ide of the pitch. The ICT goal was from a cross from the right by Lewis Hyde, almost at the goal line, which Todorov took from about 12 yards out and fired into the middle of the goal. saw nothing of the Ayr goal apart from Cameron firing it in from the right hand side of the box because the camera thought the linesman's head was the ball during the build up.  

This is indeed comedy gold.

I also missed the goal as I pressed pause at half time and that is something that greatly surprised me.

I came back to the game full in the knowledge of the shared result, and tracked down the equalizer.

"It's a goal" proclaimed our purveyor of prose to augment the play.

The coverage and the commentary was redolent of Pathé in the middle years of the last century.

Just watched the ICT highlights, very good package. Great play by Smith for our goal, calm finish by Cameron. 

Roscoe needs to do better for the equaliser for me, should really get his full foot on the ball and smash it away.

Caley hit us down our right side all day, one attack with the replay from behind the goal you see Muirhead running back just after the halfway line as the Caley player gets his shot away. If Houston isn’t fit for Morton I think Hewitt deserves a chance with Muirhead in at CB with Roscoe dropping out. 

Think a draw is fair enough on the balance of the highlights, both teams with chances they could and should’ve done better with. With Zantta, Walsh, McCowan and Houston all really still to come back it’s looking like a promising season, however the defence still looks a little suspect. 

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye so, what actually happened during the game? This camera talk is making me slip into a coma. 

What were the goals like for example? From a The Caley perspective, how was Kai Kennedy? 

Obviously the poor coverage detracted from the football and it has become the main focus of the game, following players and the action at times was difficult and I too would like to read more about Caley players performances.

13 hours ago, itzdrk said:

As far as I am aware you need a fibre-optic broadband connection to run Pixellot.  If I presume two things based on that:

• I presume there aren't fibre-optic wires under/around the pitch covering the far side. 
  • I presume it was installed to the 'nearest point' rather than going all the way around. 

I can see why it is where it is, not sure how you would go about moving it, if possible at all. 

I would absolutely love it if a directive came out meaning the stand side assistant referee's had to wear a hat. 

Fibre optic cabling is being installed throughout Inverness presently and causing traffic problems but I'm sure the end product will prove beneficial, the stadium stands alone on the outskirts so it may be some time before it gets wired.

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The sooner Roscoe is dropped the better unfortunately. Constant mistakes at the moment. He seems to have no awareness of people peeling in behind him. 

There is no doubt that our strongest defence is Reading; Baird; Aero & Houston. We really need Houston starting, the number of attacks down our right was frustrating. Aero put in a shift but he's no full back.

Roscoe remains inconsistent. I really thought he would kick on this season. There is still time but he really needs to screw the nut. 

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fibre optic cabling is being installed throughout Inverness presently and causing traffic problems but I'm sure the end product will prove beneficial, the stadium stands alone on the outskirts so it may be some time before it gets wired.

According to Arbroath both the cameras and fibre-optic broadband would be installed, so I presume this is installed separately to the rollout of fibre in Inverness. 

Screenshot_2020-10-25-09-45-13-778_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

There is no doubt that our strongest defence is Reading; Baird; Aero & Houston. We really need Houston starting, the number of attacks down our right was frustrating. Aero put in a shift but he's no full back.

Roscoe remains inconsistent. I really thought he would kick on this season. There is still time but he really needs to screw the nut. 

Pretty much - he has had a few really good games and it would be nice if he kicked on. 

I’m not sure if it’s a concentration thing at times. 

Good quality highlights from ICT. Shame they can't do the streaming as the quality was night and day. Even having the sun behind the camera rather than in front made a tremendous difference.

Just a minor point:

Every chance doesn't need a replay - the clear cut ones yes but not tame headers. We all have rewind functionality if we want to watch one of the poorer chances back.

Keep up the good work! 👍

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

According to Arbroath both the cameras and fibre-optic broadband would be installed, so I presume this is installed separately to the rollout of fibre in Inverness. 

Screenshot_2020-10-25-09-45-13-778_com.android.chrome.jpg

Possibly that is the case, however consumers as yet do not have fibre directly to their homes replacing the copper wires, the fibre cabling is installed along my road with a toby box fitted outside my driveway, cabling from the box to the house is in the future.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

How exactly has caley jags TV managed to produce better coverage of yesterday's game than the pixellot system. Why do they not produce the live stream?

Completely guessing but perhaps the cameras used for the highlights cannot be used for streaming? If it transpires that they are then we should absolutely make use of that however we always go for the cheap option so paying someone a few quid to move a camera around is going to be infinitely less appealing to the bean counters and an SPFL installed camera system that requires almost nothing from the club to set up.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Completely guessing but perhaps the cameras used for the highlights cannot be used for streaming? If it transpires that they are then we should absolutely make use of that however we always go for the cheap option so paying someone a few quid to move a camera around is going to be infinitely less appealing to the bean counters and an SPFL installed camera system that requires almost nothing from the club to set up.

The club have broadcasted live before though - presumably with the same cameras.  Does the coverage need to even be in HD?  I'd be fine with standard definition if it was at least stable.

8 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The club have broadcasted live before though - presumably with the same cameras.  Does the coverage need to even be in HD?  I'd be fine with standard definition if it was at least stable.

Ah yes that's correct. Was that for international viewers?

37 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Ventured over to CTO to see what they were saying and oh my. People claiming it was ‘better than nothing’ and the commentator was ‘ok’. Things will never improve if fans are happy with getting absolute garbage.

Same with ourselves, folk were saying our last home game was 'perfect'

I'm not expecting perfect from our guys but I'd like it not to look like I'm watching hesgoals