The Injured Men -vs- The Honest Men

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

What was really frustrating about that was that he changed it up to go attacking and we looked much better for it.

So we'll resort back to being under pressure again. 

Yeah, I can't disagree tbh.

The concept of Pixellot is really good and they have worked an almost excellent product tbf.  

I've watched 3 games on it and while the tech is the same for all who get it, there's differences just due to things like the way the stadium is set up and how it has been placed unfortunately. 

Partick Thistle have the best Pixellot of the three I've seen.  Their camera is at a good height and they worked with Pixellot over pre season to make sure it was working right and iron out stuff.  They are fortunate they have that big stand to get the position right. 

Albion Rovers was pretty poor, they are very limited by only having a small covering to affix it meaning if the ball goes in the air it's too low to handle what's happening, it wasn't able to pick up nearside corners due to having to be so close to the touchline. No real fix can be done. 

Inverness have the nice big stand that Partick do but have nothing across from them so it was initially following cars on the bridge, they also had balls around the pitch which is a Pixellot no no, then the unforseen linesman's bald heid with the glare of the sun becoming a ball to the camera. Not sure how to fix that :lol:

23 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

We've not got the joystick yet. It's been in customs this week I think.

As long as you have it up and running from the 5th December I'll be happy. 👍

If you get a chance you should check out the match when its put on the spfl matchcentre. It must have cut to that baldy linesman more than a dozen times. So infuriating, kept missing the build up to attacks.

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, Trogdor said:

As long as you have it up and running from the 5th December I'll be happy. 👍

If you get a chance you should check out the match when its put on the spfl matchcentre. It must have cut to that baldy linesman more than a dozen times. So infuriating, get missing the build up to attacks.

That for you guys or us? We had subs on the sidelines in the first half. And for throwins and corners it would fast pan to our goalkeeeper and back.

This game really showed the limitations of the Pixellot system. The developers had never thought that a bald linesman could cause such problems for their ball tracking algorithm, but having no human to override it made it an awful experience generally. The resolution and framerate were good, which shows that every club should be able to get that right, but when the camera misses large amounts of action it becomes just as frustrating as a buffering stream. I can only hope that they are using the data from the matches to train their algorithm to be more effective

The biggest drawback of the Pixellot system is that there are no replays and the camera is always quite far from the action. Even if they fix the ball tracking they can't fix that.

I initially thought that the commentator was OK but it was clear after 10 minutes that he didn't really know anything about either team or indeed football. I think it's a tough gig for someone to host a match on their own though. He clearly had prepared lots of statistics and information that he could recite about individual players, but he badly needed an ex-pro beside him to provide analysis. I think if Inverness paid for one of their former players to join him it would improve it a lot, I wouldn't just sack him (yet).

I thought we looked OK defensively for most of the game so it was such a poor goal to lose. I also don't think McCowan has to worry about not getting his place back.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What other clubs in our league are using Pixelot? 

Alloa are the only other team using the Pixellot feed to stream, and they will have a person controlling the camera tracking within the next couple of weeks. This week they had some of the problems ICT’s feed had, but a better camera head position avoided the sunlight issues. They also had a couple of successful streams using the AI previous to today’s issues, so perhaps a software update caused some of the issues.

Edited by TxRover

8 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I initially thought that the commentator was OK but it was clear after 10 minutes that he didn't really know anything about either team or indeed football. I think it's a tough gig for someone to host a match on their own though. He clearly had prepared lots of statistics and information that he could recite about individual players, but he badly needed an ex-pro beside him to provide analysis. I think if Inverness paid for one of their former players to join him it would improve it a lot, I wouldn't just sack him (yet).

There does seem to be a lot of criticism of the commentator. I turned him off almost immediately as I wanted to hear what my pals on Zoom were saying. As you say doing that kind of gig on your own will be difficult however the club, in the past, have used guys by themselves and it seemed to work quite well. Why they haven't reached out to them I don't know. There is definitely local expertise available to them who would be much more knowledgeable than this guy apparently was.

Aye so, what actually happened during the game? This camera talk is making me slip into a coma. 

What were the goals like for example? From a The Caley perspective, how was Kai Kennedy? 

The commentary was pretty poor but for a first attempt it wasn't bad. They were doing it solo so felt the need to fill the silence. Rather than saying what was happening, regardless how how dull that is, would be better than filling the silence with repeating the same facts 5-6 times. 

I muted it at first, then un-muted it to see if they were addressing the roving camera. 

The camera seems to be panicked by inactivity, when Ayr were taking a corner on the bridge side, after 5 seconds, the camera roamed to the linesman's head to cars on the bridge. 

Being able to drag the timeline back and re-watch what you could of the goal was good though as it came as a bit of a surprise as the camera missed some of the build-up. 

The annoying part of this is, clubs have used it for about a month now and it has had well documented flaws but it looks like Inverness have ignored it all and trialed it on the first home league game. Like installing new electronic turnstiles and not switching them on until 10 to 3.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye so, what actually happened during the game? This camera talk is making me slip into a coma. 

What were the goals like for example? From a The Caley perspective, how was Kai Kennedy? 

Caley were very interested in kicking the ball over the heads of our defenders, they either fancied running in behind us or had no faith in build up play. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The annoying part of this is, clubs have used it for about a month now and it has had well documented flaws but it looks like Inverness have ignored it all and trialed it on the first home league game. Like installing new electronic turnstiles and not switching them on until 10 to 3.

We haven't trialled it on the first home game. They've been using it at the stadium for a few games now (friendlies, League Cup).

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Inverness have the nice big stand that Partick do but have nothing across from them so it was initially following cars on the bridge, they also had balls around the pitch which is a Pixellot no no, then the unforseen linesman's bald heid with the glare of the sun becoming a ball to the camera. Not sure how to fix that :lol:

Most of that could be avoided by putting the camera on the opposite side of the ground where the camera normally is when we are on TV. No idea why they decided to change it.

Just now, PB1994 said:

Most of that could be avoided by putting the camera on the opposite side of the ground where the camera normally is when we are on TV. No idea why they decided to change it.

As far as I am aware you need a fibre-optic broadband connection to run Pixellot.  If I presume two things based on that:

• I presume there aren't fibre-optic wires under/around the pitch covering the far side. 
  • I presume it was installed to the 'nearest point' rather than going all the way around. 

I can see why it is where it is, not sure how you would go about moving it, if possible at all. 

I would absolutely love it if a directive came out meaning the stand side assistant referee's had to wear a hat. 

Ourselves and you lot battling it out for fourth this season? Sounds about right based on things so far.

Seems like Smith had an impressive start and Houston was effective when he came on. Hopefully we can get close to our ideal 11 by the Pars game.

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

As far as I am aware you need a fibre-optic broadband connection to run Pixellot.  If I presume two things based on that:

• I presume there aren't fibre-optic wires under/around the pitch covering the far side. 
  • I presume it was installed to the 'nearest point' rather than going all the way around. 

I can see why it is where it is, not sure how you would go about moving it, if possible at all. 

I would absolutely love it if a directive came out meaning the stand side assistant referee's had to wear a hat. 

Ah right. Didn’t know that.

I’m sure the assistant would be delighted with that over winter!