The Injured Men -vs- The Honest Men

As @Highland Capital has mentioned before, ICT always go for the cheap option these days and clearly this Pixellot setup leaves a lot to be desired. £10 for the game is good value but after that experience today I'd rather pay a bit more to have an actual manned camera covering the game.

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Kerr shat it when he took Moffat off. 

Yeah, you could be right. I still felt it was a fair call - particularly to get Houston fit as we need him playing at right back. Aero ain't a right back.

The sub for big Innes was inspired though. I thought we were much better after he came on. The shape was better as well.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

As @Highland Capital has mentioned before, ICT always go for the cheap option these days and clearly this Pixellot setup leaves a lot to be desired. £10 for the game is good value but after that experience today I'd rather pay a bit more to have an actual manned camera covering the game.

Are Caley TV likely to be doing highlights to complement it? Hopefully it is just a case of needing setup properly which may take sometime. It was clearly picking up the Lino, anything white come across the bridge and at one point what looks like a dandelion floating in the air. 

Didn't bother with the commentary so can't really comment on that, ended up switching from our alleged 200mb Virgin connection to my phone as a hotspot which sorted out the lag issues and the picture cleared up a fair bit. If done properly, using a man with a joystick it could serve you well enough. We don't expect Sky or BT sports level just something watchable. 

As a performance I thought we looked a bit sharper than last week, Cammy Smith in the middle was excellent. Not convinced we'll have him post January sadly. Wouldn't say anyone in particular had a bad game. Once we have our full squad up and running with Zanatta and McCowan back we should be a contender for the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, you could be right. I still felt it was a fair call - particularly to get Houston fit as we need him playing at right back. Aero ain't a right back.

The sub for big Innes was inspired though. I thought we were much better after he came on. The shape was better as well.

What was really frustrating about that was that he changed it up to go attacking and we looked much better for it.

So we'll resort back to being under pressure again. 

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

Are Caley TV likely to be doing highlights to complement it? Hopefully it is just a case of needing setup properly which may take sometime. It was clearly picking up the Lino, anything white come across the bridge and at one point what looks like a dandelion floating in the air. 

Didn't bother with the commentary so can't really comment on that, ended up switching from our alleged 200mb Virgin connection to my phone as a hotspot which sorted out the lag issues and the picture cleared up a fair bit. If done properly, using a man with a joystick it could serve you well enough. We don't expect Sky or BT sports level just something watchable. 

We haven't had any highlight videos up for games so far this season. I'd say it's unlikely but sometimes highlights arrive out of nowhere so many something will pop up on YouTube in a few days.

Surprised you had some lag. I decided to go a bit old school and found an old ethernet cable and got a solid 70 - 80 MB connection to my laptop and my picture was fine. 

Plenty of issues with the actual camera tech though...

We all pay for the stream, ST and PPV, we do not expect in the least a Sky Sports type coverage with multiple cameras but for our money we do expect some type of professionalism with the stream, what we had today was an absolute shambles from start to finish and made ICT's acceptance of the system amateurish and not proven.

Dunferrmlin'se coverage last week was world clas compared to the shite on show today and at least their commentator knew the names of all of the players on the park.

ICT you need to drop this system immediately, it is shoddy and farcical with it's output and makes our club a laughing stock.

If stats were taken I'm sure the linesman's head was in 15 minutes of the 93 played.  

Just now, rb123! said:

I take it after we went 1-0 up Kerr went for the park the bus tactic?

Not really.  We were just really weak through the centre of the team all day and we eventually got caught out.  Not sure it it was Roscoe who headed meekly down in his own box, but didn’t come as a big surprise that they found an equaliser.  Not impressed by Miller and Chalmers in the midfield - powder puff and sitting way too deep.  Looked much better when Murdoch moved inside.  

I don’t agree at all that he parked the bus. We were 1-0 up and he had to make any kind of change to freshen things up.

We weren’t under pressure from ICT but it was just poor defending in our box that let them score.

The commentary and filming was hilarious. Once you got past the angry ‘I’m paying for this’ it was just totally surreal. 
Wasn’t a pretty game but there were 5 18 year olds on at the end for ICTFC. I’d rather see them develop as a group this season and develop a core of players for next season. 

Good game which could have gone either way, I thought we played the ball about pretty well and the keeper was again very assured and looked classy. I think as the players become more accustomed to one another we'll become much better in the final third and knowing that Zanatta and especially Walsh have still to come in, is very encouraging indeed. Great finish as well from young Innes Cameron (from the little I saw of it) which will hopefully shut any doubters up immediately.

All in all I feel a bit disappointed that we couldn't hold on, however Inverness are always a good side (even when depleted) and leaving with a point is much more than we usually manage !!

Most involved player for me had to be the nearside Linesman and got to say he handled the limelight brilliantly and in fact could be right in the running if they ever make a reboot of the Truman show.

35 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

32 minutes ago, RiG said:

We haven't had any highlight videos up for games so far this season. I'd say it's unlikely but sometimes highlights arrive out of nowhere so many something will pop up on YouTube in a few days.

Surprised you had some lag. I decided to go a bit old school and found an old ethernet cable and got a solid 70 - 80 MB connection to my laptop and my picture was fine. 

Plenty of issues with the actual camera tech though...

My broadband never gets above 40 MB but I had no issues. Apart from the shite commentator, the lack of zooms, the lack of replays, the baldy MoM, etc, etc.

Felt like we got away with that a bit in the end. After a shaky first fifteen minutes where we couldn't get the ball down and looked panicky at the back, as we did last week, we started playing some decent stuff. Good use of the ball by Dan Mackay, playing deeper than usual, especially a beautiful ball through to Todorov which he couldn't finish, and also some good linking down the left with Cameron Harper, who also missed one-on-one he should have scored. We didn't start at all in the second half though. Keatings was totally anonymous, and with a team that inexperienced you'd be expecting him to step up. It's telling that we finally managed to score when we used the width on the right - we've been far too narrow so far this season, and a lot of last season as well.

That commentator though, fucking hell... Didn't know who half of our players were or where they should be playing, wrongly called at least three different players 'Allardice' even when their names and numbers were clearly visible on the camera and when their positions alone would have told anyone who knew the first thing about us that they weren't Allardice, claimed Duffy had been booked when he was nowhere near the incident or the ref, and then when Duffy was booked near the end, he claimed it was Devine. He also made a truly shite 'joke' about 'Devine' / 'divine' that should have seen him immediately strangled with the cable of the pixellot camera even if he'd got everything else correct. You don't want to see someone binned after they've only been in a job for a couple of weeks, but it will put people off from signing up for games if they continue with him and he doesn't get much better quickly. @Narey's Toepoker has been doing match commentary for us for the past two years and knows the team, this league and Scottish football inside out, so why wasn't he asked to do it, FFS?     

6 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Felt like we got away with that a bit in the end. After a shaky first fifteen minutes where we couldn't get the ball down and looked panicky at the back, as we did last week, we started playing some decent stuff. Good use of the ball by Dan Mackay, playing deeper than usual, especially a beautiful ball through to Todorov which he couldn't finish, and also some good linking down the left with Cameron Harper, who also missed one-on-one he should have scored. We didn't start at all in the second half though. Keatings was totally anonymous, and with a team that inexperienced you'd be expecting him to step up. It's telling that we finally managed to score when we used the width on the right - we've been far too narrow so far this season, and a lot of last season as well.

That commentator though, fucking hell... Didn't know who half of our players were or where they should be playing, wrongly called at least three different players 'Allardice' even when their names and numbers were clearly visible on the camera and when their positions alone would have told anyone who knew the first thing about us that they weren't Allardice, claimed Duffy had been booked when he was nowhere near the incident or the ref, and then when Duffy was booked near the end, he claimed it was Devine. He also made a truly shite 'joke' about 'Devine' / 'divine' that should have seen him immediately strangled with the cable of the pixellot camera even if he'd got everything else correct. You don't want to see someone binned after they've only been in a job for a couple of weeks, but it will put people off from signing up for games if they continue with him and he doesn't get much better quickly. @Narey's Toepoker has been doing match commentary for us for the past two years and knows the team, this league and Scottish football inside out, so why wasn't he asked to do it, FFS?     

Yes, we were "all" Michael Miller.

10 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Again, class sir.

This thread is much more entertaining than the game and I'd probably have paid a tenner for the patter alone.