The Injured Men -vs- The Honest Men

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Remember the time John Robertson did a rain dance to get a game at Somerset Park called off?

Aye, did he not get off the bus look at the sky and say "Game off" then told the ref it was a player welfare issue. 🤣

Seriously though, that game should never have been off. That was a Friday night game when we were flying a couple of seasons back and the wind wasn't that bad. In fact it was substantially better than the wind up at Arbroath where the referee decided to play to half time when the game clearly shouldn't have been on.

Gonna disagree on that. Ref watched Doohan take 3 goal kicks, one of which landed in the Somerset Road End, one on the north terrace level with the 18 yard line and the other barely passed beyond the penalty area, all due to the wind. Game would have been a nonsense in those conditions and he was right to kill it. Think it was Craig Thomson and he graciously explained it to the commentary team, but anyone who saw the goal kicks knew it was the right call.

5 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Gonna disagree on that. Ref watched Doohan take 3 goal kicks, one of which landed in the Somerset Road End, one on the north terrace level with the 18 yard line and the other barely passed beyond the penalty area, all due to the wind. Game would have been a nonsense in those conditions and he was right to kill it. Think it was Craig Thomson and he graciously explained it to the commentary team, but anyone who saw the goal kicks knew it was the right call.

The home game with Arbroath last year probably shouldn't have gone ahead, Ellis Hare-Reid was kicking out and the ball was just hanging in the air 20 yards or do from goal (I was in the conservatory doing my first shift of PA with the heating on) and it didn't improve throughout the match, we scored direct from a corner :lol:

Depends on the referee I guess. 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, did he not get off the bus look at the sky and say "Game off" then told the ref it was a player welfare issue. 🤣

Seriously though, that game should never have been off. That was a Friday night game when we were flying a couple of seasons back and the wind wasn't that bad. In fact it was substantially better than the wind up at Arbroath where the referee decided to play to half time when the game clearly shouldn't have been on.

Weather wasn't even that bad. There was  bit of rain, but that's all.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Dinosaurs will be roaming the earth again by the time we get back in emoji30.pngemoji30.pngemoji30.png

The pessimist in me is thinking it could be 3 or 4 years before we’re ever allowed back in and by that point we will probably have went bust.

This thing isn’t gong away sadly. 

6 hours ago, yorkshirepud said:

Yes, totally agree, we played Arbroath the following midweek I think and THAT game was farcical yet the wind was much worse the night of the Inverness match so can completely understand why it was cancelled, not to mention that we struggled to open our car doors the wind was that bad. We actually made it halfway down Somerset road when it was called off but it really WAS horrendous.

16 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

You just know the first game where we're allowed back in the weather might have the last laugh.

Going with frozen strip in front of the main stand on the bingo card. 
With both sides looking depleted I've got a good feeling about this one, would take a draw in the Highlands any day of the week normally. However, have a feeling we may sneak this one somehow,. 

With our signing of Cammy Smith today I’m now really looking forward to this one. Despite ICT’s poor start last weekend I’m fairly certain they will be one of our main challengers for a playoff place. In John Robertson and Mark Ridgers they have imo the best manager and goalkeeper in the division.  I also liked the look of Robbie Deas at Alloa and think he will prove to be a very decent bit of business for Caley. Hopefully playing beside clown shoes Brad McKay on Saturday will reduce him to being a shambles.

Injury/ suspension wise we have Tom Walsh, Jordan Houston  and Luke McCowan (suspended) out. Dario Zanatta was described as 50/50. We could really do with him making it.

Team wise presuming Zanatta is indeed declared fit to play I’d go

Sinisalo

Muirhead Baird Roscoe Reading 

Murdoch Chalmers 

Miller  Smith  Zanatta

Anderson

If Zanatta is out or isn’t fit enough to start then Smith  to shift over to Zanatta position and Moffat to play in the midddle of the three behind Anderson. 

I’d probably take a draw if offered right now but a win would be glorious. 

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is Walsh injured or suspended?  I'm going with injured.

Hamstring injury I believe. Limped off just after HT in our first competitive match against Albion Rovers. Very frustrating as he was doing very well prior to it. I suspect if he didn’t have injury issues he wouldn’t be playing at this level. 

27 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With our signing of Cammy Smith today I’m now really looking forward to this one. Despite ICT’s poor start last weekend I’m fairly certain they will be one of our main challengers for a playoff place. In John Robertson and Mark Ridgers they have imo the best manager and goalkeeper in the division.  I also liked the look of Robbie Deas at Alloa and think he will prove to be a very decent bit of business for Caley. Hopefully playing beside clown shoes Brad McKay on Saturday will reduce him to being a shambles.

Injury/ suspension wise we have Tom Walsh, Jordan Houston  and Luke McCowan (suspended) out. Dario Zanatta was described as 50/50. We could really do with him making it.

Team wise presuming Zanatta is indeed declared fit to play I’d go

Sinisalo

Muirhead Baird Roscoe Reading 

Murdoch Chalmers 

Miller  Smith  Zanatta

Anderson

If Zanatta is out or isn’t fit enough to start then Smith  to shift over to Zanatta position and Moffat to play in the midddle of the three behind Anderson. 

I’d probably take a draw if offered right now but a win would be glorious. 

Why would we possibly drop Moffat for Smith though?!

Aye it's a shame about Tam Walsh, fantastic plur but fuck me he's made of glass.  Would definitely be in the Scottish Barclays or English Skybet if it wasn't for that.

Edit - Is it just a year he's with Ayr?  I doubt you'll see much of him.

Edited by TheScarf

Aye it's a shame about Tam Walsh, fantastic plur but fuck me he's made of glass.  Would definitely be in the Scottish Barclays or English Skybet if it wasn't for that.
Edit - Is it just a year he's with Ayr?  I doubt you'll see much of him.
Yeah one year, looks a baller if can stay fit, if seems the big word though.

Gives us better options for Saturday, no real width available other than Zanatta so I think he'll play Moff up with Anderson and put Smith in behind and keep the midfield and defence settled. 

Sinisalo

Hewitt Muirhead Baird Reading

Murdoch Chalmers

Miller              Smith             Moffat 

Anderson 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Houston, Roscoe, Love, Kerr, Zanatta, McKenzie 

I’d go with that if Houston isn’t 100% and the same with Zanatta. Possibly start Zanatta and move miller to right back.