Alloa vs Dunfermline (athletic derby)

Listening to the post-match comments. Surprised Peter Grant has any vocal chords left after all that shouting and screaming the full game.

Another game we tend to slip up in and we’ve smashed it. This breeds a lot of confidence. Of course we were brutal the 1st half, which is the story of the season so far, but I can accept that if we can keep getting the results. It would be nice to play well the full 90 but I’m not caring as long as we get the points.

Still don’t think we are playing at our maximum, which shows how good these results are: we seem to finally be able to change things up and grind out the results when we are a bit sluggish and struggling to get to grips on the match.

The score today is a bit flattering on ourselves, but when their defence is gifting those sorts of chances that is a dangerous game to be playing as we have players with exceptional talent in the finishing department.

On to AJ’s hopeless Queens team next. Bring it on.

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Listening to the post-match comments. Surprised Peter Grant has any vocal chords left after all that shouting and screaming the full game

Haha, I said the exact same to my friends who I was watching it with (not in the same flat; cities/towns/villages apart).

He was screaming and bawling, especially in the first half. There was a moment when he was going mental and then the camera panned across to Crawford who looked serenely calm with his hands in his pockets. A good chuckle was had by all.

Why is pixelott a thing? Is it designed for football? I assume not. 

Pixellot seems to have promised more than it delivers. It is designed for football. It looks like a product still in development though, rather than something suitable for live broadcast. I hope Alloa will be getting a discount after yesterday’s abysmal footage and that they sort out the tracking. The proposition to manually use a joystick takes away the USP of a fully automated system. I’ll not be asking for a refund purely because football clubs need the money and I’ll consider it a donation.

If it was any other product that under-delivered, I would though.

On the technical side, is the colour of the ball an issue? The balls at the side of the pitch, would small bins be a useful suggestion to obscure them from camera view?

This is what I wanted😢 

Okay just going to go through some questions.

The ball colour shouldn't matter.

The auto white balancing is pish and washed out all the colours. If I was in control I would go to a manual profile and make it all darker so the far side retains the fine details.

Balls at the side of the park are technically meant to not matter. There's like a highlighted area that it priorities. However as you saw with the wavy footage the priority is jumping from left to right rapidly. 

The difference from this and the Edinburgh city game was pixellots patch. 2.25.3 worked quite well for us. 2.25.41-beta9 worked much worse. But we didn't miss any goals or highlights so I take a bit of solace from that.

Everyone's getting a discount after their terrible opening week. And a joystick was included in that.

I'm hopeful of adding in a split feed. With the camera we already have as a secondary close up... Which is actually good. Pixellot proved they could do it by how we added commentary. Think it will be interesting now to see if they will make an exception for us.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Just now, Black and White Tragic said:

Do pixellot have different hardware available, and that is top end - or do they only have the one type of camera? I’ve seen footage from Veo and it seems better (Futsal Escocia uses it)...

I think Veo is different in that you get the footage back 24 hours later at least it was when I looked at it a few years ago. The camera is pixellot's top end as far as I know. It sees in 8k. Is the VPU top end? I doubt it. There's a Pixellot Prime offering that I'm going to ask about. The joystick is lifted from that so everyone's moving to a hybrid product between their show and prime products.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think Veo is different in that you get the footage back 24 hours later at least it was when I looked at it a few years ago. The camera is pixellot's top end as far as I know. It sees in 8k. Is the VPU top end? I doubt it. There's a Pixellot Prime offering that I'm going to ask about. The joystick is lifted from that so everyone's moving to a hybrid product between their show and prime products.

Will they toss in some of those natty Rasta wigs for the balding officials?

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

Someone send me a link to this video... I need to see it😂😂

No link (sorry), just an idea to solve the ICT issue. I was in my closet (insert joke here) and noticed the Rasta hat with dreadlocks and though that would be perfect on a folicularily challenged linesman.