Alloa vs Dunfermline (athletic derby)

We were the better side for about 70 minutes there but didn't make it count, while conceding ridiculous goals against opposition who weren't otherwise offering any real threat. And to be fair, we have a very young keeper and a young CB both getting used to senior football which is bound to unsettle the back line. But clearly we need Parry back and also Graham and Jamieson to be available for the defence. 

Great credit to Kevin O'Hara, took advantage of the gifts and provided a sharpness and cutting edge that Dunfermline just didn't have before he went on. 

Really disappointing to lose like that today, it’s not like us to fall apart after going behind.
Thomson done okay with a few long balls today but never looks a threat inside the box, we really need another option up front.
The sooner Andy Graham and Parry are back the better.

After Dunfermline fans whinging about O’Hara all week it was no surprise to see him come on and play like he did. Robbo gifted the first one but it still took a good finish, the second one he made for himself by showing the same kind of tenacity that we became used to last season.

Still no need for panic at this stage but we really need some of our key players back and some points on the board.

Also, well done to [mention]LeodhasXD [/mention]and [mention]KierenAAFC [/mention], a challenging first half with the stream but the second half was much better. The commentary was a nice addition and worked well for a first attempt.

2 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

its not where we want to be competing for though is it ?  🤢

Something tells me we'll be watching each other's results all season long ........ beats doing the dishes though, eh?

24 minutes ago, Waspie said:

We were the better side for about 70 minutes there but didn't make it count

I'll stop you there. Both teams were poor, in the final third especially. No team was better than the other and it was an awful watch until we got the second. You certainly weren't the better side, all you done was pass it out the back four then launch it to Thompson. 

Reckon Alloa gifted us the game due to how they gave us the second.

We weren't creating much (save for the chance early second when we had the shot in the box) and were struggling a bit. Alloa doubled up on Thomas to keep him quiet and with no Dow on the other wing we were looking a bit lost for options.

That total gift of a goal changed it though and we looked sharper and more confident. O'Hara did really well for the second and that was game over.

We really need to start playing in the first half. I thought today that, after getting an early goal, we might kick on. Instead we were turgid and aimless.

For next week I imagine we'll revert to 4-4-2 with O'Hara back in the starting line up and Dow back out wide.

20 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

I'll stop you there. Both teams were poor, in the final third especially. No team was better than the other and it was an awful watch until we got the second. You certainly weren't the better side, all you done was pass it out the back four then launch it to Thompson. 

Suggesting we were the better side for spells doesn't mean we were dominant or swashbuckling. We weren't. But we had more of the ball and seemed to have some kind of idea what we wanted to do with it. The stats back that up too. Dunfermline went ahead on 67 mins against the run of play at that stage, having offered little threat until then other than taking up the gifts presented to them and not looking particularly cohesive. Looked more dangerous for the final 20. Winning 4-1 despite not playing well isn't a bad thing. 

We desperately need our key men back in defence and to find some kind of cutting edge in attack. We won't win any games not taking chances and gifting goals. 

Edited by Waspie

Yeah. Pixellot was rough today. A step back from the Edinburgh City game as has already been said. Spare a thought for me having to watch a 480p stream of that  to commentate because we couldn't fix the microphone delay today. Could not see who was where!

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the joystick for it!

Big thanks to @KierenAAFC for the commentary. He was excellent

Thought's just crossed my mind. If you bought the PPV ticket can you still watch the VOD? It's not something I've tested.  

Edited by LeodhasXD

Yeah. Pixellot was rough today. A step back from the Edinburgh City game as has already been said. Spare a thought for me having to watch a 480p stream of that  to commentate because we couldn't fix the microphone delay today. Could not see who was where!
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the joystick for it!
Big thanks to [mention=62966]KierenAAFC[/mention] for the commentary. He was excellent

Thought's just crossed my mind. If you bought the PPV ticket can you still watch the VOD? It's not something I've tested.  
No.20201024_184354.jpeg