Alloa vs Dunfermline (athletic derby)

6 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

It's nothing to do with Kevin Nisbet as we have players currently at the club that have offered more up top anyway. The eyeball mocking is in the past, so please spare us the ''scapegoat'' stuff. These views are just initial observations.

You are deluded if you think people won't make a scapegoat out of him due to his past. Just need to look back at the Pars thread on here, dafc.net and all Dunfermline social media when he signed for proof. So no I won't spare it as it's true and everyone knew if he didn't bang in the goals instantly fans would be on his back more than the other players, prime example being McManus who was just as bad as him in every game so far and both have the same goals for the season. 

Hopefully people get over it and let the boy find his feet back in full time football. 

Think the criticisms of O’Hara are justified so far. But I’m not seeing many people writing him off. Like most, I do see some positive signs in his movement/ideas. He just needs to improve timing of his runs/get in sync with the rest of the team and become more productive when he gets the ball.

I actually think both strikers have looked poor in a partnership. However, O’Hara looked quite good v Dumbarton, when we played 1 up front and McManus looked a lot better on Saturday, after we switched to 1 up top. Therefore, I think I’d use that system for this game.

I've nothing against O'Hara, I just think we look much better with Fraser Murray playing and McManus up top. I still think he'll continue to start, but if it is another week where he doesn't produce what he was brought in to do and we get a result on the back of a good 2nd half performance, he'll probably get dropped then. 

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

He's does a lot of running to find space and that in it's self moves defenders around but you need to offer much more than that. In the rare moments he gets on the ball, he's lost possession with a bad touch or been bullied by a defender. The lack of quality on the ball is my biggest concern. Not saying this is a final judgement on him, just my initial thoughts.

It's nothing to do with Kevin Nisbet as we have players currently at the club that have offered more up top anyway. The eyeball mocking is in the past, so please spare us the ''scapegoat'' stuff. These views are just initial observations. 

He's a striker that plays on the shoulder, hence the numerous off-side decision against him. Hopefully his timing and touch will improve the longer he's here. Confidence is a big part for striker too.

Pars need to win games in the meantime and there's players coming off the bench and offering more at the moment.

When he was replaced by Murray on Saturday, we instantly became an attacking force in the game. The front men started getting on the ball and it was sticking. We won the game due to that sub.  We need to start with the team that finished Saturday's game at Alloa

O'Hara is definitely not great on the ball, as you say. He's very much an instinctive striker whose pace, movement and work-rate are strengths. He'd also a good finisher if a first-time strike is on.

I believe that he and Declan McManus should contemplate each other and they may well develop into a very good partnership. I really hope he does well for you.

1 hour ago, printer said:

O'Hara is definitely not great on the ball, as you say. He's very much an instinctive striker whose pace, movement and work-rate are strengths. He'd also a good finisher if a first-time strike is on.

I believe that he and Declan McManus should contemplate each other and they may well develop into a very good partnership. I really hope he does well for you.

Very Buddhist.

For those buying the game as a PPV one off game will I need a code to access the game?

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/349/
I'll fire a news item up once it's confirmed with Pixellot I can activate the PPV on the game. (They might need to create a new event to to set up IMG settings and I don't want to have to gift anyone that's bought the old event.)
I'm going to send season ticket holders their codes or whatever they need to get in either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how long it takes me to collate your details and set up a mail merge.
If anyone's interested in a printed programme send me an email at leodhas@alloaathleticfootball.club I need a minimum of 50 people to get it printed.
Looking like £3+£2 postage.