Alloa vs Dunfermline (athletic derby)

Who is the home side for this?

I fully agree that Flanagan no longer being at Alloa is a massive bonus, he completely controlled the midfield in the past.   Trouten will still probably score mind you.

Whitaker being available again is going to be interesting.  He’s performed well so far but it’s going to be very difficult to drop Wilson.

Do we go with 2 defensive midfielders?  Play him at left back?   

I fully agree that Flanagan no longer being at Alloa is a massive bonus, he completely controlled the midfield in the past.   Trouten will still probably score mind you.
Whitaker being available again is going to be interesting.  He’s performed well so far but it’s going to be very difficult to drop Wilson.
Bench him. Wilson and Turner did really well together. Edwards is fine. He's no match for Comrie on the other side though, we need to get him on a ten year contract.

Only changes for me is Fraser Murray for O'Hara and Whittaker for Turner.

O'Hara will have to prove himself from the bench from here. He quite a bit away from the required level at the moment.

Terrible recent record against Alloa, but we could say the same with ICT. 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Bench him. Wilson and Turner did really well together. Edwards is fine. He's no match for Comrie on the other side though, we need to get him on a ten year contract.

Edwards is in a difficult position,  no matter how well he performs,  as soon as Martin proves his fitness he’s going to walk straight back into the team and rightly so.   You also have Mayo coming in who might take his spot with Murray moving to left back.

He also seems to be struggling the worst with the ‘poor first half, good second’  syndrome that we have.  He’s doing ok for now,  but there’s a few mistakes that could have been punished more and with the quality of others that can also play his position it’s going to be a case of when he gets dropped not if.

Edwards is in a difficult position,  no matter how well he performs,  as soon as Martin proves his fitness he’s going to walk straight back into the team and rightly so.   You also have Mayo coming in who might take his spot with Murray moving to left back.
He also seems to be struggling the worst with the ‘poor first half, good second’  syndrome that we have.  He’s doing ok for now,  but there’s a few mistakes that could have been punished more and with the quality of others that can also play his position it’s going to be a case of when he gets dropped not if.
I can't imagine Murray being moved to left back after only conceding once in 4 games, stranger things have happened though.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I can't imagine Murray being moved to left back after only conceding once in 4 games, stranger things have happened though.

I don’t think it will happen now.  But it’s a strong possibility to happen at some point this season.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Starting XI changes - Scougall for Connolly. Murray for Hetherington. New striker for Thomson ... emoji120.png

Some support for Thommo would do me... We had moments where there was noone in 30 yards of him against Morton.

I would swap F Murray for O'Hara probably bring O'Hara on around the 60 min mark to give him a chance but this is a short season and results matter, if he's not pining in the goals let someone else have a shot

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Some support for Thommo would do me... We had moments where there was noone in 30 yards of him against Morton.

Absolutely. Very isolated against Morton and actually did okay with the very restricted service that he got. He scored 3 in 3 before Saturday, which was just one of those games where few opportunities opened up.

9 hours ago, 101 said:

I would swap F Murray for O'Hara probably bring O'Hara on around the 60 min mark to give him a chance but this is a short season and results matter, if he's not pining in the goals let someone else have a shot

It took O'Hara 7 league games to score last season, and his record last season was identical to what it is now- 1 in the Betfred. Cant obviously comment on what hes done so far this season, but even when not on the scoresheet he did a lot of work for the team- aspects that Alloa are lacking a bit at the moment such as pressing high and stretching defences.

It took O'Hara 7 league games to score last season, and his record last season was identical to what it is now- 1 in the Betfred. Cant obviously comment on what hes done so far this season, but even when not on the scoresheet he did a lot of work for the team- aspects that Alloa are lacking a bit at the moment such as pressing high and stretching defences.

He hasn’t offered much from what I’ve seen. The promising thing is he has got himself into good positions but has either missed the chance or was offside. I said after the Falkirk game that it looked like he needed a bit more time to get in sync with the rest of the team (as everyone does tbf). Reading the pass or timing the run better is a small thing to improve on and could make a big difference to his game.

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

He does a lot of unselfish work as you've mentioned above. Don't know if no one is seeing this due to having to watch from the telly angle where you tend to see about 2/3rds of the pitch, everyone is just ball watching or people couldn't wait to get on his back for his past with us/not being Kevin Nisbet but he creates a lot of space for the team. 100% will come good in front of goal but willing to let that slide for a bit when he's contributing to the team in other ways. 

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/349/

I'll fire a news item up once it's confirmed with Pixellot I can activate the PPV on the game. (They might need to create a new event to to set up IMG settings and I don't want to have to gift anyone that's bought the old event.)

I'm going to send season ticket holders their codes or whatever they need to get in either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how long it takes me to collate your details and set up a mail merge.

If anyone's interested in a printed programme send me an email at leodhas@alloaathleticfootball.club I need a minimum of 50 people to get it printed.

Looking like £3+£2 postage.

On 19/10/2020 at 10:09, All-Star-Par said:

He does a lot of unselfish work as you've mentioned above. Don't know if no one is seeing this due to having to watch from the telly angle where you tend to see about 2/3rds of the pitch, everyone is just ball watching or people couldn't wait to get on his back for his past with us/not being Kevin Nisbet but he creates a lot of space for the team. 100% will come good in front of goal but willing to let that slide for a bit when he's contributing to the team in other ways. 

He's does a lot of running to find space and that in it's self moves defenders around but you need to offer much more than that. In the rare moments he gets on the ball, he's lost possession with a bad touch or been bullied by a defender. The lack of quality on the ball is my biggest concern. Not saying this is a final judgement on him, just my initial thoughts.

It's nothing to do with Kevin Nisbet as we have players currently at the club that have offered more up top anyway. The eyeball mocking is in the past, so please spare us the ''scapegoat'' stuff. These views are just initial observations. 

He's a striker that plays on the shoulder, hence the numerous off-side decision against him. Hopefully his timing and touch will improve the longer he's here. Confidence is a big part for striker too.

Pars need to win games in the meantime and there's players coming off the bench and offering more at the moment.

When he was replaced by Murray on Saturday, we instantly became an attacking force in the game. The front men started getting on the ball and it was sticking. We won the game due to that sub.  We need to start with the team that finished Saturday's game at Alloa