The Ideal Outcome™

The Ideal Outcome  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I like this, but you have made one ridiculous statement within it. If everything that you say came to pass, there is no way that Neil Lennon would still be Celtic manager on the last day of the season. Other than that, bring it on.

Maybe they are leading the title race until the last month then collapse before the last game. No point sacking Lennon then as may as well wait until the end of the season.

I went into this thinking that Celtic winning would be the most fun as the blue half would blow up and know they could never beat this (if they could I would be an old man and wouldn’t care).  But I am now wondering if it would be more satisfying to see the green half seeing the final goal just slip out of their grasp, they would implode,  it’s a win win.

Possibly one of them losing on a technicality (financial crime, PPG, ineligible player etc).

Celtic losing 10 would be hilarious. As much as I hate to say it, Rangers being absolutely nowhere for the best part of a decade should have made 10 in a row a formality yet there's still a chance that they could make a complete c**t of it.

The fact that they could lose it with Neil Lennon in charge makes it even funnier. He's mellowed in recent years and his aeroplane celebration against the **** a few years ago was top patter but let's not forget from his first spell at Celtic that the guy is an absolute p***k.

It's only going to be one of Rangers or Celtic to win it so the ideal situation for me would be for Rangers to win it but at the cost of another financial meltdown.

I usually lean slightly to wanting Celtic to win rather than Rangers but overall make my decisions based on the funniest outcome. In this case, it's Rangers winning the league this season and Celtic bankrupting themselves trying to go for 10 over the next decade, resulting in liquidation.

The net least old firm joy is lowest if Celtic continue to win forever. Their title wins become  meaningless and Rangers lose their influence and, one would assume, their support eventually. I voted that they do it in a shortened season because, well.. funny. But on reflection, just a really boring, 10 points clear, Rangers with nothing to play for either way win might be better. Less contentious, less discussion to annoy me. 

If we are delving into the realm of the unrealistic, I honestly wouldnt even take a hibs or another team winning the league at this stage. We have spent so long as the "heir apparent" that I would be utterly furious if some johnny come lately popped up and nicked a league win without at least finishing second a few times first.

Nobody outside the Glasgow erse cheeks have a realistic hope of winning the title, and i have no interest in wanting either one of them to win it, so i voted other. Sticking to the criteria of keeping it realistic, i'd find it both brilliant and hillarious if either Hibs or Aberdeen could go top just long enough for covid outbreak to stop play and the league title to be called as it is. That would be even bigger box office than Hearts relegation last season, the fall out would be glorious. 

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

The net least old firm joy is lowest if Celtic continue to win forever. Their title wins become  meaningless and Rangers lose their influence and, one would assume, their support eventually. I voted that they do it in a shortened season because, well.. funny. But on reflection, just a really boring, 10 points clear, Rangers with nothing to play for either way win might be better. Less contentious, less discussion to annoy me. 

If we are delving into the realm of the unrealistic, I honestly wouldnt even take a hibs or another team winning the league at this stage. We have spent so long as the "heir apparent" that I would be utterly furious if some johnny come lately popped up and nicked a league win without at least finishing second a few times first.

So Motherwell would be fine?

13 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

harumph yes I suppose so, technically. By my own logic, I would have to be happy with that. 

But  I wouldnt be *happy* with it. 

I liked ‘heir apparent’ the quotations were deserved 

Rangers on the basis that the folk I know who support them are a lot less paranoid and a lot more tolerable than the folk I know would support Celtic. Some would quite literally never recover from losing 10 in a row and it would be fucking hilarious. 

During the last Glasgow Derby of the season, Celtic fans "goad" the Rangers fans and a mass on-pitch brawl develops. The SFA punishes both teams harshly by telling them not to do it again because "next time they'll be in real trouble." In an unprecedented move, EUFA steps in and tells the SFA they're bringing the game into disrepute and if they don't stop ripping the pish, they won't get any pudding. Reluctantly, the SFA penalises both Celtic and Rangers with a 1 point deduction. The following day, a further outbreak of COVID requires all clubs to vote on whether to end the season. This ends in a 21-21 split but Dundee's second vote tips it over and the season ends early. Hamilton win the league on goal difference. 

During the summer the Piranha Brothers call in the loans they've made to Celtic and Rangers resulting in them both filing for bankruptcy. Parkhead and Ibrox are sold to Tesco and Morrisons respectively and we all lived happily ever after. 

Can you imagine the uproar from the likes of Sky, The BBC, the Daily Record if the SG stepped in and tried to make the whole of Scottish football a more level playing field as per what @Ric is suggesting?

Their beloved OF title race, the 'most watched football game in the world' downgraded to a meaningless run-of-the-mill fixture. No guarantee one of them was going to win the league, a possible champion in the form of Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts (when they decide to stop being so fucking shite).  There's no way they would stand for it.