The Ideal Outcome™

The Ideal Outcome  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I see it now, it's a win-win situation. The way things are looking its very much Ranger's title to lose. They're flying while Celtic look a bit of a shambles.

Scenario 1 is that Rangers make a c**t of it at some point and Celtic win 10 in a row. Blue tears everywhere = hilarious.

Scenario 2 is that Rangers stroll to the title and Celtic lose 10 in a row. Green tears everywhere = hilarious.

Rangers to win an abridged season, PPG is absolutely equal, trophy awarded on goal difference which is entirely due to penalties awarded and scored.

Tainted title, no ten in a row, absolute seethe all over the place.

On 19/10/2020 at 09:14, Ric said:

Oh, I totally agree. I have huge problems with the idea that sport should somehow be "regulated to be fair", because it stops being a competitive sport at that point. We all look at the MLS with it's no promotion/relegation and think what an aberration it is to have a 'closed shop'.

I think the problem is, allowing laissez faire has left us with a situation we are in now. Do we just accept that this is our lot and that the two big clubs will always be the two big clubs and even though the scales of finance are tipped even more in their favour (when it was before) that's just the way it is and always will be?

This sort of comment obviously opens up a debate of the OF going to the EPL (which won't happen, no matter the amount of chat surrounding it) or the idea of permanent division between domestic and European leagues rather than domestic leading to European qualification. Neither of those I personally find particular palatable, for differing reasons.

It's the fact that these two vile clubs have the duopoly they have due to a fanning of the sectarian flame for financial gain that makes the situation utter shite. 

• 1 month later...

After literally years of debating this question with myself - Celtic win the 10 or Rangers stop it (barring a miracle third option of someone else doing the same) - I'm now ready to answer. 

It's a ridiculously hard question, but after so long enjoying The Banter Years, I'm really loving how poorly the Celtic fans are taking this. One guy on my FB saying they can have his season ticket back etc  - they're 2nd, having had 4 bad months after 10 years of uninterrupted success. Theres been protests and meltdowns. 

Watching them stagger from one LOL to another, all while backing Lennon, it's just been glorious. Tug-worthy. 

So, I've finally found my answer. 

And with coronavirus running wild down south, we could be staring down the barrel of the Ultimate Ideal Outcome™:

On 18/10/2020 at 00:09, HibsFan said:

As it comes down to the crunch of this decade of Celtic dominance, I'm leaning more towards believing that Rangers winning a shortened season would tick all the boxes:

• Celtic's support enraged, Timplosions are always fun
  • No ten in a row, a minter that Scottish football could do without
  • The opportunity for the rest of us to tell Rangers fans it didn't actually count
  • H*ns  having to u-turn on shortened league titles not counting
  • Presumably a massive fallout and courtroom drama aplenty
  • Neil Lennon having to live the rest of his life being known as the man who cost his beloved Celtic 'the 10'

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

And with coronavirus running wild down south, we could be staring down the barrel of the Ultimate Ideal Outcome™:

I'm coming round to the idea that maximum hilarity will be gained from Rangers utterly shiting it from this point onwards.

• Celtic get their wish and this season is null and void.
  • Following weeks/months of unbelievable seethe from the Rangers support/board, and unbearable smugness from the Celtic lot along with the restart of their pish about ten in a row (but all knowing deep down that not only did Rangers pish all over them the year before, but with no winner of the last league it's all back to 0).
  • Then for their neglect and stupidity, Celtic are informed they'll be starting the 2021/22 season with a hefty points deduction.
  • Fast forward to the last game of the season, and Ross County who 'should have' been relegated in the voided season win their final game against Celtic, thus winning the league ahead of Rangers by a single point after 4th placed Celtic field a youth team.
  • Enter a summer of Dundee-esque match fixing complaints

Everyone wins. Especially Ross County.