The Ideal Outcome™

The Ideal Outcome  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The manner of Rangers' victory at Parkhead yesterday was an eye-opener to many, so perhaps it's time we now start an official thread to discuss...the endgame.

So, putting aside all of our usual "I don't care f**k them both" bravado, let's discuss the Ideal Outcome™ for the title race this season.

It's likely that Rangers are going to win another title or two in my lifetime, so if they have to win one, why not one that objectively causes a lot of hilarity?

As it comes down to the crunch of this decade of Celtic dominance, I'm leaning more towards believing that Rangers winning a shortened season would tick all the boxes:

• Celtic's support enraged, Timplosions are always fun
  • No ten in a row, a minter that Scottish football could do without
  • The opportunity for the rest of us to tell Rangers fans it didn't actually count
  • H*ns  having to u-turn on shortened league titles not counting
  • Presumably a massive fallout and courtroom drama aplenty
  • Neil Lennon having to live the rest of his life being known as the man who cost his beloved Celtic 'the 10'

What do we think, then? Poll attached to get a flavour of P&B opinion.

Edited by HibsFan

Rangers winning the title has no appeal to me. 

Celtic winning the title has no appeal to me. 

The concept of journalists buzzing they have swapping of titles to get excited about has the least appeal to me. 

Quite happy for Celtic to carry on winning the title endlessly unless someone else can ever muster up a once in a lifetime season. 

Someone from outside Glasgow wins the league. Ideally snatching the title on the last day from "Rangers" in hugely controversial circumstances leading to a whole summer of heads-gone statements.

Thinking about it, the perfect final day would see "Rangers" visit Aberdeen needing just a draw for the title.

They lead for 88 minutes before a frankly ridiculous penalty and a miles offside goal win it for the Dons.

Meanwhile, Hibs travel to Parkhead needing a win to have any chance of the title. Celtic, already out of title contention, spend the whole week talking about how they will give it their all, even though doing so could hand the title to their rivals. Neil Lennon insists that they will do their utmost to win out of respect for the integrity of the competition.

Celtic then play their under-13s and Hibs win 11-0. Neil Lennon marks each goal with a pitch invading windmill celebration.

Clyde get promoted and win the cup.

Yes, I have decided to ignore the "realistic" criterion.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Was just discussing this option yesterday... I think being realistic that it'll be one of the ugly sisters, Rangers winning it with a season cut short is the most satisfactory in terms of OF tears. Celtic fans would tie themselves in knots trying to explain why it shouldnt happen and why the title doesnt really count while being gently reminded by us all that that's not what they said earlier this year. 

Jesus wept, stick this into the OF forum, very few fans outside of those who support those two give a flying f**k who wins. This poll is just pandering to the duopoly. I'd have thought you'd be better than that @HibsFan .. :( 

Edited by Ric

My view with the Old Firm is I would rather have one set of fans in abject misery constantly than them sharing trophies. I think the marginal enjoyment of each trophy win is diminishing. Celtic's joy at winning something else just now is outweighed by Rangers fans' anger, which I don't think would be true for a Rangers title victory.

In other words, one club dominating and the other being in a constant rage is preferable to them both sharing a degree of success.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Rangers winning the title has no appeal to me. 

Celtic winning the title has no appeal to me. 

The concept of journalists buzzing they have swapping of titles to get excited about has the least appeal to me. 

Quite happy for Celtic to carry on winning the title endlessly unless someone else can ever muster up a once in a lifetime season. 

Big team found. 

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Someone from outside Glasgow wins the league. Ideally snatching the title on the last day from "Rangers" in hugely controversial circumstances leading to a whole summer of heads-gone statements.

Thinking about it, the perfect final day would see "Rangers" visit Aberdeen needing just a draw for the title.

They lead for 88 minutes before a frankly ridiculous penalty and a miles offside goal win it for the Dons.

Meanwhile, Hibs travel to Parkhead needing a win to have any chance of the title. Celtic, already out of title contention, spend the whole week talking about how they will give it their all, even though doing so could hand the title to their rivals. Neil Lennon insists that they will do their utmost to win out of respect for the integrity of the competition.

Celtic then play their under-13s and Hibs win 11-0. Neil Lennon marks each goal with a pitch invading windmill celebration.

Clyde get promoted and win the cup.

Yes, I have decided to ignore the "realistic" criterion.

I like this, but you have made one ridiculous statement within it. If everything that you say came to pass, there is no way that Neil Lennon would still be Celtic manager on the last day of the season. Other than that, bring it on.