Aberdeen v Hamilton - Tuesday

Well, surely to f**k
Really need a convincing win here to build confidence ahead of the sellick double header 
You should get one.

We are utter pish but we seem to be scoring at least a goal per game so all you need to do is put a few more past our awful defence.

We have been a much better team to watch this season than in recent times, but we're not really dishing out any 'thrashings' even when we are dominating games (maybe the 3-0 win against Ross County, but even then we only managed one goal from open play despite creating enough chances to win about four games). I think St Mirren fans were expecting us to hit them for six or seven a couple of weeks ago, but we ended up needing an injury-time winner to sneak past them. 

I don't expect that to change overnight - I think we probably will win, but I'd be surprised if it's by more than one or two goals. I wouldn't be opposed to Edmondson starting, but I've not seen much to suggest that he's the answer to our profligacy. Wright has made us a more palatable watch, but he has also probably been the player most guilty of wasting great goalscoring chances - McGinn has his flaws, but he would almost certainly have buried one of Wright's chances and won us the game yesterday, and it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see him back in the line-up here. 

Edited by DrewDon

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

These games where Aberdeen are expected to put a few past a team rarely work out that way. Our lack of goals this season is becoming concerning. Hopefully big Edmondson can get a start or even Cosgrove.

Cosgrove won’t be back until the semi, apparently 

Loads of our moaning fan base have been screaming for Derek to go because of lack of football over the past two seasons. Our football has changed dramatically this season to the exciting type of stuff that the moaners were wanting. Looking at some stuff last night/this morning and because we haven’t won a match where we’ve dominated from start to finish and made countless chances, he should still go. Anyway, hopefully we continue the good football on Tuesday and get the goals that our play deserves. Someone earlier calling for Edmondson to start, but I haven’t been impressed at all with him, and can’t remember anything that he did yesterday in over 20 minutes on the pitch. He may be a better starter than a sub, so might be worth a punt from the start with Watkins not having a great game yesterday.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Loads of our moaning fan base have been screaming for Derek to go because of lack of football over the past two seasons. Our football has changed dramatically this season to the exciting type of stuff that the moaners were wanting. Looking at some stuff last night/this morning and because we haven’t won a match where we’ve dominated from start to finish and made countless chances, he should still go. 

Almost exactly the same stuff being said after our draw with Ross County at the weekend (not sacking chat, but moaning about not turning them over, only getting one point etc......).

I think that the ppv "revolution" is really good, but unfortunately it also means more moaning b*****ds in the fanbase (of all clubs) are armchair critics after every match, home and away.

The truth is that Aberdeen are a decent squad - the 3rd strongest in the Premiership imv - but any assumption that this means you will win every match except those against Celtic and Rangers is the stuff of fantasy.

There are plenty of good, well drilled teams in the Premiership who wont just fold and offer up the points.

11 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Almost exactly the same stuff being said after our draw with Ross County at the weekend (not sacking chat, but moaning about not turning them over, only getting one point etc......).

I think that the ppv "revolution" is really good, but unfortunately it also means more moaning b*****ds in the fanbase (of all clubs) are armchair critics after every match, home and away.

The truth is that Aberdeen are a decent squad - the 3rd strongest in the Premiership imv - but any assumption that this means you will win every match except those against Celtic and Rangers is the stuff of fantasy.

There are plenty of good, well drilled teams in the Premiership who wont just fold and offer up the points.

There are people on social media who just aren't capable of rational thought or balance/nuance.

Last season there was legitimate criticism that we were pish, but the moaners were so relentless before/after every game it was tiring.

I think this season there is some excitement that we could be a decent team again, but these people will now wet the bed after every dropped points, particularly at the time when we're within touching distance of Celtic.

Games like Saturday happen (sounds like for Hibs too). Hugely frustrating not to win but if you're going away from home and creating 5/6/7 good chances and dominating the game then you're probably an alright team. No team in world football wins every game.

Surely Edmondson should get a start here. If he doesn’t prove himself soon his window of opportunity will have passed as Cosgrove and Main come back. This really should have been Bruce Andersons time to shine though. With Watkins acting as the target man, he could have played off him in matches like this. He and the club were unlucky with the timing of the injuries and his Covid quarantine.

4 hours ago, Green Day said:

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

There are people on social media who just aren't capable of rational thought or balance/nuance.

Last season there was legitimate criticism that we were pish, but the moaners were so relentless before/after every game it was tiring.

I think this season there is some excitement that we could be a decent team again, but these people will now wet the bed after every dropped points, particularly at the time when we're within touching distance of Celtic.

Granted we're currently 10th rather than the lofty heights your collective lot are sitting but we've seen the same sort of weirdness,

At the start of the season we lost some fine margins games - we had loads of the ball, kept the ball on the deck, had more passes, had more shots on goal but lost 1-0. The games could have gone either way. Folk were furious about that.

Then we won a few games domestically and in Europe but folk started getting bent out of shape because the performances weren't up to their expectations.

People like a moan eh?

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 18/10/2020 at 18:20, Frank Grimes said:

Cosgrove won’t be back until the semi, apparently 

Paper's saying he could be back tonight ?

As importantly, Matty Kennedy seems to be available. It might be a chance to give Hayes a rest, he was awful on Saturday. 

Would be a bit of a gamble bringing an injured player back for the semi final. Surely if he can't play in the next 2 games, he'll not be thrown into the semi. Would be good to see him get a bit of game time tonight. 

Edited by Suspect Device