Arbroath FC vs Heart Of Midlothian

49 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:
52 minutes ago, virginton said:
Really poor play from the Arbroath midfielder (28?) there who totally chucked it after getting wrong side of Boyce.

100% agree, shambles

to be fair out of position at stand in left back , trying his best

Poor, ponderous, pedestrian, powderpuff pish from the Hertz.

Arbroath will feel aggrieved not to take anything from that.

I heard the commentator use the word 'swanky' quite a lot when they were on the ball - Arbroath's play was decent, but 'swanky' is a wee bit of a stretch. 

Still, shree points, and clean sheet, and much room for improvement. 

If you got through primary and secondary school with the name “Gavin’s Wanky” then you’re psyche is going to be tough enough to endure losing to Raith and Hearts without too much damage

20 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If you got through primary and secondary school with the name “Gavin’s Wanky” then you’re psyche is going to be tough enough to endure losing to Raith and Hearts without too much damage

I’m sure he’s grown into a fine upstanding male member of the Arbroath side and has helped them to come from behind on many occasions.

Pretty poor overall from us.  First half was genuinely terrible and we had Gordon to thank for being level.  Second half was much better in terms of tempo and pressing if not actual football.  We created a few chances though and Wighton's finish was good, glad to see him doing well. 

Our whole system seems to be based on wide players so it was weird to not have any on the bench but have both Brandon and White.  

Halliday is clearly miles off it in terms of fitness, would have brought Irving on at some point.  And I'd like to have seen Naismith get minutes too.

Still, a win is a win, and if we are not playing well it's good to dig it out. Hopefully it's a kick up the arse that this will be a season where we need to do be at the races in every game or we'll toil.

Pretty poor overall from us.  First half was genuinely terrible and we had Gordon to thank for being level.  Second half was much better in terms of tempo and pressing if not actual football.  We created a few chances though and Wighton's finish was good, glad to see him doing well. 
Our whole system seems to be based on wide players so it was weird to not have any on the bench but have both Brandon and White.  
Halliday is clearly miles off it in terms of fitness, would have brought Irving on at some point.  And I'd like to have seen Naismith get minutes too.
Still, a win is a win, and if we are not playing well it's good to dig it out. Hopefully it's a kick up the arse that this will be a season where we need to do be at the races in every game or we'll toil.

Welcome to the Championship. It won’t be easy.

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

So let me get this right when fans had to sacrifice to get to games early the news that nobody watches had to go ahead but now that fans are banned they’ve ditched the news 🤷‍♂️

The news programe gets less viewers so BBC Scotland have bumped it to the 7pm slot to justify the money they get for the channel. 

Thought Arbroath, with the makeshift defence, had the right approach and the players kept busy, with the occasional creative touches. Disappointed we didn’t score from the decent chances we had.. A tad more composure needed

Just one thing - what was the Hearts manager going on about the Lichties great home record? I’d check if I could be arsed but sense it’s motivational hyperbole seeking to moderate inevitable complacency among his team. Our record was surely no better than average last season, if that.

Difficult to imagine a better ventilated outdoor gathering than Gayfield with its natural air conditioning so a real shame at least some fans couldn’t attend.

2 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Just one thing - what was the Hearts manager going on about the Lichties great home record? I’d check if I could be arsed but sense it’s motivational hyperbole seeking to moderate inevitable complacency among his team. Our record was surely no better than average last season,

P14 W6 D5 L3

4 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Just one thing - what was the Hearts manager going on about the Lichties great home record? I’d check if I could be arsed but sense it’s motivational hyperbole seeking to moderate inevitable complacency among his team. Our record was surely no better than average last season, if that.

Last season Arbroath had the 2nd best record of  defence in the Championship and the 3 best in Scotland - very few teams get more than 2 goals past Arbroath.

Overall, I thought Arbroath deserved at least a point - they were they were the better team in the 1st half and both teams were equal in the 2nd half.

The match commentators were good, but they both seemed unaware that Craig Wighton played for Arbroath last season and thats why he never celebrated his goal. They also failed to mention that Robbie Neilson had suffered defat against Arbroath last season when he managed United.

Surely won't be long before Arbroath hit a winning run.

Man of the Match for me was Ricky Little who was outstanding.