Arbroath FC vs Heart Of Midlothian

5 hours ago, juvehearts said:

Haring and haliday will start. Cochrane and Lee on bench. Naysmith will feature as well. 

Hearts will play a 3-5-2 or if you wanna go technical 3-2-3-2 

Looking forward to Friday night again

We've played 4 at the back against Inverness, Cowdenbeath, Raith & Dundee.  Can't see why we'd deviate from that before the semi tbh.  We will stick with what we have been working on in the previous games surely?  We need the players to be as used to as system as possible with only two league games under our belt.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We've played 4 at the back against Inverness, Cowdenbeath, Raith & Dundee.  Can't see why we'd deviate from that before the semi tbh.  We will stick with what we have been working on in the previous games surely?  We need the players to be as used to as system as possible with only two league games under our belt.

Why would we go out our way to sign wingers then play 3 at the back? 

Expect this to be a tight match - but Hearts obviously start as favourites.

A real shame this is happening behind closed doors as this would have been Arbroath's  biggest gate of the season.

I don't think many teams will leave Gayfield with 3 points this season and there is a chance Hammy will be back for this match, but missing TOB due to last week's red card.

Score prediction ?

I am going for a 2-2 draw with Sir Bobby Linn either scoring or providing one of the assists.

C'mon the 'broath.

I wish I had ur optimism, maybe with a full strength team, and with a crowd in getting behind them we could of taken something, but I cant see anything other than a hearts victory,

Expect this to be a tight match - but Hearts obviously start as favourites.
A real shame this is happening behind closed doors as this would have been Arbroath's  biggest gate of the season.
I don't think many teams will leave Gayfield with 3 points this season and there is a chance Hammy will be back for this match, but missing TOB due to last week's red card.
Score prediction ?
I am going for a 2-2 draw with Sir Bobby Linn either scoring or providing one of the assists.
C'mon the 'broath.

I don’t really think Arbroath need to justify the way they voted to anyone but their own supporters, it’s only the second fixture of the league season and they way some Hearts fans are going on like vindictive dripping wet fannies is boring now, and that was from a sympathetic viewpoint in the summer.

29 minutes ago, Mexico said:

I don’t really think Arbroath need to justify the way they voted to anyone but their own supporters, it’s only the second fixture of the league season and they way some Hearts fans are going on like vindictive dripping wet fannies is boring now, and that was from a sympathetic viewpoint in the summer.

Revengeful, well lubricated, female genitalia. 

I've been called worse. 

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

Well it’s going to linger for years so you may as well get used to it. 

Hopefully the last times we play these guys before they join the highland leagues. 

23 hours ago, juvehearts said:

Arbroath voted against.

There reasoning was not an agenda against hearts. They voted to get the money released quickly so they could pay staff and concentrate on next season. Same with 80% of the lower league clubs. 

Dundee (the entire city) on the other hand. Along with Kirkcaldy, paisley and Hamilton all can gtf. Same with Dingwall imo only. Others will say different. 

How can a club vote for there bitter city rivals to be promoted?!! 

Think most of the agenda was against Inverness Chief Exec Scot Gardiner, otherwise why would he have ran to the SPFL telling on other clubs for 'bullying'

Hearts would have been relegated from the Premiership last season even if the campaign was finished, this game was always going to happen regardless.

Think it'll be a tight game even with us missing Tam and potentially Hammy. A draw or a 1-0 either way for me.

On 20/10/2020 at 11:52, Darren said:

Would've been a fun away trip. Ah well, just have to wait until we're relegated again sometime soon.

I was at Arbroath last season (was Dec I think) when they played Dundee Utd (friend is a fan).  It was a brilliant day, a really good laugh except freezing and it’s true that the wind from  the sea blows the ball about. I was hoping this fixture might have had a chance of being open to the fans.

I was at Arbroath last season (was Dec I think) when they played Dundee Utd (friend is a fan).  It was a brilliant day, a really good laugh except freezing and it’s true that the wind from  the sea blows the ball about. I was hoping this fixture might have had a chance of being open to the fans.

That game was one of the coldest I’ve ever been at.

On 20/10/2020 at 16:03, Tony Wonder said:

We played 3-5-2 v Raith to be fair, although we changed it in the second half. We also used it a couple of times in pre-season IIRC, so it seems Neilson has (or had) some intention to use it at some point.

I'd agree that 4-2-3-1 suits the players better, though, and I'd expect us to continue with it.

Edited by DC92

45 minutes ago, DC92 said:

We played 3-5-2 v Raith to be fair, although we changed it in the second half. We also used it a couple of times in pre-season IIRC, so it seems Neilson has (or had) some intention to use it at some point.

I'd agree that 4-2-3-1 suits the players better, though, and I'd expect us to continue with it.

I double checked the Raith game as I couldn't mind and seen the lineup an thought it was a 4, forgot it was a rabble of a back 3.

23 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

I wish I had ur optimism, maybe with a full strength team, and with a crowd in getting behind them we could of taken something, but I cant see anything other than a hearts victory,

It's a good job the players are not thinking the same way as yourself.

Thankfully, the players are up for the match, ready to go and looking forward to the challenge.

This is home game and I expect this to be a really close call.

Arbroath will be better organised than that shambles of a Dundee team last week.